Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

8 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Thursday decreases are quite strange, only Frozen increased in the top 10 (+33.6%). I totally expected Jumanji to at least stay flat.

In 2013:

Hobbit: DOS +13.1%

Hunger Games: CF +20.2%

Frozen +43.3% (wow)

Let's hope for decent increases on Friday.

We got the numbers and they don't indicate that. Frozen up, Jum up or flat and SW and LW both down

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Thursday decreases are quite strange, only Frozen increased in the top 10 (+33.6%). I totally expected Jumanji to at least stay flat.

In 2013:

Hobbit: DOS +13.1%

Hunger Games: CF +20.2%

Frozen +43.3% (wow)

Let's hope for decent increases on Friday.

But The current nos are Friday nos. 

Edited by Liiviig 1998

Feel TROS has a good shot at 3x still (needs 532.15) which will also put it at par with RO (532.18).

In the end that meager dollop from China could be what puts it ahead of Joker ww. TROS could do around 535+550=1085

(Imagining China for Joker on the other hand we get into 1.2b territory and #4 ww for the year, but that's a tougher 'if' to think about.)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, a2k said:

Feel TROS has a good shot at 3x still (needs 532.15) which will also put it at par with RO (532.18).

In the end that meager dollop from China could be what puts it ahead of Joker ww. TROS could do around 535+550=1085

(Imagining China for Joker on the other hand we get into 1.2b territory and #4 ww for the year, but that's a tougher 'if' to think about.)

TROS may make more domestic than international..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, krla said:

TROS may make more domestic than international..

Yeah, that's my thought at the moment too ~

49 minutes ago, a2k said:

I'm literally praying a sequel for the Joker gets a Chinese release ~

Albeit not the being released in China, the reception for the film has been very strong indeed.

I mean it's quite amusing to think of how much TROS made in China when you consider that Terminator: Dark Fate made over $50 million.

Edited by Bart Allen

That China money starting to really flatter some movies that will be above TROS in the WW chart.  
Perspective is the franchise is still right up there with the big guns - but that Asian market just does not care about it. 

Friday number is interesting. Feels like it’s playing more as a family movie for that drop to make sense. Perhaps more people returned to work Friday and it’ll kick back up to 30 territory Saturday, then hold well Sunday. I wouldn’t rule out  26+29+25 = 80 million. 

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

That China money starting to really flatter some movies that will be above TROS in the WW chart.  
Perspective is the franchise is still right up there with the big guns - but that Asian market just does not care about it. 

Friday number is interesting. Feels like it’s playing more as a family movie for that drop to make sense. Perhaps more people returned to work Friday and it’ll kick back up to 30 territory Saturday, then hold well Sunday. I wouldn’t rule out  26+29+25 = 80 million. 

Or lack there of when you consider Joker, as @a2k brought up.

Can't wait for these numbers, but you think 80m is possible?

36 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

I mean it's quite amusing to think of how much TROS made in China when you consider that Terminator: Dark Fate made over $50 million.

DF took a big step down from Genisys's surprising $113m. TROS managed a dive of that proportion from TLJ's ordinary $42.5m as a concluding chapter.

• Like 1

I don’t think anyone should be surprised by TROS dropping so much. After the holiday rush is gone, it needed to get good WOM to keep it going and despite what a poster has said in the previous thread about it having “great” WOM, it’s WOM is pretty meh. 

I know several people who have watched it and not a single person has recommended it to me. Which was the opposite of TFA, Rogue One and even TLJ. I’m thinking it’ll struggle to reach a 3x multiplier and fall in the low 500s. Probably around 515-525M. But let’s see how this weekend fully goes. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1