Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Oh and the Anakin/Padme romance is unwatchable for me. I absolutely hate it but to each their own.

Obi-wan and Padme had much better chemistry. They also looked hot together. 

Edited by Madhuvan

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Netflix released their most popular films of 2019 for each international country. 

6 Underground was above The Irishman in all of them

That's not necessarily surprising; Endgame did beat Parasite in theaters. The more important thing is that The Irishman is a success for Netflix, it was very popular in many countries. That is much better than Roma last year - relatively few people watched it.

(Also, The Witcher is crazy popular, probably #1 new series of 2019 after just 10 days)

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

That's not necessarily surprising; Endgame did beat Parasite in theaters. The more important thing is that The Irishman is a success for Netflix, it was very popular in many countries. That is much better than Roma last year - relatively few people watched it.

(Also, The Witcher is crazy popular, probably #1 new series of 2019 after just 10 days)

Stranger things exist. If Witcher was anywhere near popular ST, netflix would have released weekly data. 

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The last film i see in every year since 2010 is The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (directly before that Felloswhip) and the first is always Return of the King.

aZ3X9pp_460s.jpg

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Stranger things exist. If Witcher was anywhere near popular ST, netflix would have released weekly data. 

Top 10 Most Popular Releases of 2019 (UK):
The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann
6 Underground
Murder Mystery
The Witcher
The Irishman

Top 10 Most Popular Series of 2019 (UK):
The Witcher
After Life
Stranger Things 3
Sex Education
The Umbrella Academy

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Is it? The show is fucking cheap and absolutely nothing happens.

Yea I’ve been watching it but Im not getting the appeal for it. I thought maybe if I kept watching it, I’ll get to the good stuff but so far that hasn’t happened lol 

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

I’ve been enjoying it so far, but it is bogged down with the seemingly increasingly common “whole first season is a prologue” syndrome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea I’ve been watching it but Im not getting the appeal for it. I thought maybe if I kept watching it, I’ll get to the good stuff but so far that hasn’t happened lol 

I think for Video Game Adaptions its likely one of the best ones done so far.

Also it looks exactly like the Video games.

I liked it a lot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jedi Jat said:

Yeah. I mean its not like you are giving numbers. Just ranking them.

Well that's Netflix ranking their own shows so you can believe them when it comes to beating Stranger Things (after just one week!) whatever the methodology is.

We will never get real numbers from them (or Disney+, Amazon, Apple...) which will be a problem in the future if we want to know which TV shows are most popular overall. The only hope is Nielsen finding a good way to measure streaming audiences.

I want to see Jumanji but even though its been out for 4 weeks, whenever I try to get a ticket, screenings are all sold out.

Selling out every screen every time of every single day at the moment...

just want to see my love Jack Black again :(

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Obi-wan and Padme had much better chemistry. They also looked hot together. 

You know in the first movie padme is 14 and obi wan is an adult, right?

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

It's not. https://screenrant.com/netflix-witcher-tv-series-demand-streaming-shows/

Could not even beat Stranger Things on its own debut week. Came 3rd overall which is still great of course. 

But to think it is the #1 in a year of Stranger Things and Mandalorian release is just crazy and fanboyish

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

It's not. https://screenrant.com/netflix-witcher-tv-series-demand-streaming-shows/

Could not even beat Stranger Things on its own debut week. Came 3rd overall which is still great of course. 

But to think it is the #1 in a year of Stranger Things and Mandalorian release is just crazy and fanboyish

This list is complete garbage. Measuring streaming audiences is difficult, but that is certainly not the way to do it. Not believing Netflix's own numbers is even crazier. And even using the Parrot ranking, maybe wait one week; you might be surprised.

As for The Mandalorian, Disney+ doesn't have the reach of Netflix (and isn't even available in most countries). Thinking that Mandalorian is anywhere near #1 in viewers because Baby Yoda is big on Twitter is the kind of stupidity that leads one to believe Parrot rankings.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2