Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

30 minutes ago, Nova said:

Okay so I’m watching 6 underground and this is by far the most Bay film I’ve ever watched....and I’m only 20 minutes in. 

The action is so over-the-top in the beginning that I was kind of with it, but like most things Bay directs, it started to get really annoying (so much slow motion, it's practically parody). 

At least you can really see onscreen where the budget goes in a Bay film. 

37 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I want to see Jumanji but even though its been out for 4 weeks, whenever I try to get a ticket, screenings are all sold out.

Selling out every screen every time of every single day at the moment...

just want to see my love Jack Black again :(

Check smaller theaters maybe? Tiny 1 screener near me has truck loads of seats. Going with wife's friends family all 7 of us

26 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

So tv shows get ranked by 2mins of viewing but for movies 70% watched counts as viewing the movie.

Makes sense, a lot of people left it on when they fell asleep. 

(PS I know a lot of people liked this movie but it is a good way to sleep) 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

46 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think for Video Game Adaptions its likely one of the best ones done so far.

Also it looks exactly like the Video games.

I liked it a lot. 

It's a book adaptation.

They've said numerous times that they follow the books not the games. However, they do take things from the video games (bathtub lmao)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

It's a book adaptation.

They've said numerous times that they follow the books not the games. However, they do take things from the video games (bathtub lmao)

True but the look of the characters looks exactly like the video games so much so it looks like a cut scene at times. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

It hasn't beaten ST. They expect it to beat which I think could be case of window dressing as hype of show is no where near ST.

Why would Netflix feel the need to do "window dressing" for The Witcher in particular? Especially over their own Stranger Things or an awards contender like The Crown that didn't make the list even in the UK. It seems true that Netflix is predicting where viewership will end up, and would explain how The Witcher can rank so high after just a few days:

Its November launch may have been a factor in the show not featuring, given other programs such as Black Mirror would have had months to rack up viewing figures. This was not a problem for The Witcher, however, though Netflix did include some “viewing predictions” for titles launched in December.

However, it isn't implausible and the hype isn't far from ST especially outside the US (which is what these Netflix numbers are about).

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=witcher,mandalorian,stranger things

• Thanks 1