Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

I’m going out to lunch in a few hours with a childhood friend and they have free movie tickets so they asked if I wanted to go. Of course I’m not passing up an opportunity to go to the movies so I asked what they wanted to watch and they go “The only movie I know out is Frozen 2.” 

Safe to say I cancelled our lunch plans and I’m now in search of a new childhood friend. Any takers? 

Image result for cats poster

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

I’m going out to lunch in a few hours with a childhood friend and they have free movie tickets so they asked if I wanted to go. Of course I’m not passing up an opportunity to go to the movies so I asked what they wanted to watch and they go “The only movie I know out is Frozen 2.” 

Safe to say I cancelled our lunch plans and I’m now in search of a new childhood friend. Any takers? 

I can be your new childhood friend. We’ll still be going to watch Frozen 2, but I will be knowingly passing up the rest, so it’s really a whole different ballgame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I can be your new childhood friend. We’ll still be going to watch Frozen 2, but I will be knowingly passing up the rest, so it’s really a whole different ballgame.

BOT meet my new childhood friend Arendelle Legion 

tenor.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

If Skywalker saga only make $1 billion, then the new trilogies probably will make much less. Not weak but it's a big trouble. The franchise has nothing special anymore. And I don't think Disney & Lucasfilm can create something unprecedented on it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Everyone was laughing at us but whose laughing now

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker Movie

What do you get when you cross a passionate and dedicated fan-base with a company that abandons them and treats the fans and previous characterisations like trash with a pointless plot and characters we don't care about? I'll tell you what you get! You get a final-rank below an R-rated film 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

24 minutes ago, Nova said:

Good call.

Spoiler

Spoiler

They should be buying tickets for Frozen 2, not using free passes to see it. :ph34r:

Edited by Sir Tiki
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

If Skywalker saga only make $1 billion, then the new trilogies probably will make much less. Not weak but it's a big trouble. The franchise has nothing special anymore. And I don't think Disney & Lucasfilm can create something unprecedented on it.

Not necessarily ~

You could compare and contract - essentially conflating - the 10 years between Revenge of the Sith and The Force Awakens.

But, you'd need a retcon or a complete reboot. One of the issues - and there was MANY - some had is with the lack of planetary diversity. We've not had a Mustafar or a Coruscant - it pains me to say that even Avatar, Interstellar, or even Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets had a greater range of diversity on that scale compared to any of the Disney Trilogy films. That actually is another issue that many of the Chinese audience had issues with, in comparison to the Prequel Trilogy.

Restablishing the Jedi Order even with a teenage Baby Yoda? But clearly audiences haven't connected with Rey, Finn or Poe (I mean Finn had SOOO much potential ever since he fought valiantly against Ben at the end of The Force Awakens, though those plans were ruined with Johnson's regressive characterisation of the character - more so with that insufferable Canto Bight sequence. I mean the Kyle Katern-esque possibility?)

Futhermore, I support a retcon, and then, maybe - perhaps - you'd see a new trilogy surpassing over $1 billion.

Edited by Bart Allen

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

TlJ

TFA

ANH

Solo

TPM

RotJ

ESB 

AotC

RoS

RO

RotS

Lowest rated film at the top, I presume? If so, you forgot to put the Star Wars Holiday Special after The Last Jedi ~

But on a serious note, I'm glad RotS is seeing some loveee ❤️

Edited by Bart Allen
  • Knock It Off 1

Movie Distr Gross %YD %LW Thr Per
Thr
Total
Gross
D
1 (1) Star Wars: The Rise of Sk… Walt Disney $26,234,000 -14% -71% 4,406 $5,954 $316,030,342 8
- (4) Frozen II Walt Disney $5,999,000 +8% +79% 3,265 $1,837 $410,789,889 36
- (5) Spies in Disguise 20th Century… $4,632,000 +12%   3,502 $1,323 $13,519,856 3
- (11) Ford v. Ferrari 20th Century… $615,000 n/c +34% 793 $776 $104,953,359 43
- (-) Jojo Rabbit Fox Searchlight $83,000 n/c +75% 208 $399 $20,750,369 71
- (-) A Hidden Life Fox Searchlight $67,000 +2% -12% 118 $568 $615,065 15
- (-) Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Walt Disney $60,000 +26% +131% 155 $387 $113,113,744 71
  • Like 7