charlie Jatinder

NEW YEAR WEEKDAYS THREAD: New Year Day Final Trend P 26. Happy New Year.

Happy New Year, everybody!

Can't believe we made it all the way to 2020, the year Sonic the Hedgehog finally makes his way to the big screens, taking the domestic crown with $663M and earning Jim Carrey his long overdue first Oscar nom for his nuanced portrayal of the tormented Dr. Ivo Robotnik. What a time to be alive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

From next week onwards, Deadline will not be able to spin the box office TRoS. 

Many people on Internet are thinking that Tros is doing better than TLJ just because of media narrative. 

I wonder how will Internet react when they come to know it's not passing 500m Domestic. 

I really hate the spin that's going around for few days. Even Grace Randolph thinks that Tros is doing very good and she overreact on everything. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Many people on Internet are thinking that Tros is doing better than TLJ just because of media narrative. 

I wonder how will Internet react when they come to know it's not passing 500m Domestic. 

I really hate the spin that's going around for few days. Even Grace Randolph thinks that Tros is doing very good and she overreact on everything. 

Agree. But to be fair. Alot of posters in here were`nt any better than Grace R is in this case here, when Jumajii 3 opend. IMO ofcourse

Reacting quick on the keyboard with their head up their asses

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, druv10 said:

He forgot to mention, all 6 are Disney releases, holy hell thats domination. :ohmygod:

Should be interesting to see how that landscape changes with Warner Bros.' future (not considering JJ's involvement within the DC Universe)

51 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Most folks don't pay attention beyond opening weekend anyway. 

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Yeah, I think Grace's opinion will change come next week - I mean, to the uninitiated it can be quite difficult to avoid the hype and promise of the media's over-inflation of praise and promise. 

RT Aud scores overall seem inflated, even unverified ones. 

movie verified unverified

TROS 86% 78%

JUM2 87% 85%

LW 93% 91%

F2 92% 90%

SiD 91% 90%

KO 92% 90%

BS 83% 79%

UG 54% 55%

CATS 54% 47%

RJ 96% 94%

UG and CATS are low but CATS at least seems inflated even at it's score

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

86% isn't a good RT audience score though. In fact, I would say its terrible for a fanboy driven Star Wars movie.

It's good.  Not great and not terrible.  For a comparison - Joker is 88.

Around 80 would be mediocre and sub 70 would be terrible with the new verified system.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

then you can’t have been following the numbers telling us how badly it’s doing on a daily basis? Oh wait....

I haven't? But clearly you seem a bit obsessed - I just simply stay on the TROS thread and post, but occasionally come on here.