charlie Jatinder

NEW YEAR WEEKDAYS THREAD: New Year Day Final Trend P 26. Happy New Year.

8 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I've been following the box office since I was 15 years old (2008). No matter what, every year, there comes box office surprises in the best way (almost always in the form of originals), great sequel rises (or retentions), but there come moments in regards to series where you are absolutely stunned at how things play out. Star Wars is the best case of that. 

TFA ended up doing a gargantuan $936m domestic and $2.07b worldwide. Nobody, and I mean nobody, could have ever predicted in their wildest dreams that the finale to the trilogy would struggle to hit $1b worldwide. 

what's also amazing is that movie also did well in countries like China and South Korea

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Noctis said:

but there come moments in regards to series where you are absolutely stunned at how things play out. Star Wars is the best case of that.

Yeah but that moment was Solo?

You could argue that TROS is, not quite a rebound, but a sign that the franchise is still strong. $1B+ with mixed reviews and an angry fanbase isn't bad at all. Disney will make some sort of course correction, but that was always the plan (again, after Solo).

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 2