sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Night Preview - The Grudge $1.8M w/ an F Cinemascore LMAO

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

There's no Disney corruption going on. I think the Deadline/Forbes reporters are just incompetent. They get away with lousy box office analysis because their bosses have an even worse understanding of how this stuff works than the reporters themselves. 

Yeah o think it’s more like they were wrong(they thought TROS would match or outgross TLJ) and they just don’t want to admit it 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yeah o think it’s more like they were wrong(they thought TROS would match or outgross TLJ) and they just don’t want to admit it 

Yes, they'll stay in denial until it becomes incredibly obvious the film cannot reach $550+ million. But they won't admit they were wrong. They'll simply say "it will finish around $510M" and leave it at that. Pay no attention to those $620M projections by them after 10+ days of release. 

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

There's no Disney corruption going on. I think the Deadline/Forbes reporters are just incompetent. They get away with lousy box office analysis because their bosses have an even worse understanding of how this stuff works than the reporters themselves. 

Maybe they thought if they write good piece about Disney, disney will share them some profit. 

5 hours ago, Eric Laurence said:

Moderation

NOPE. We already talked about "what ruined Star Wars" for weeks now. We don't need to continue on longer. If you really think it's necessary to talk about this (it isn't by the way), go to the Fanboy Wars thread. Anybody else who continues this will get repercussions.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.&quot; - Pablo Picasso <a href="https://t.co/STS6daY9Qf">pic.twitter.com/STS6daY9Qf</a></p>&mdash; Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) <a href="https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1213518309485793280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Krissykins said:

mother! 2.38x
Alone In The Dark 1.82x 

The Box 2.29x

Bug 2.15x

Darkness 3.63x (Christmas)

The Devil Inside 1.57x

Disaster Movie 2.45x

Dr T and the Women 2.6x

Eye of the Beholder 2.75x

Fear Dot Com 2.31x

I Know Who Killed Me 2.05x

In The Cut 2.29x

Killing Them Softly 2.2x

Lost Souls 2.1x

Lucky Numbers 2.22x

Silent House 1.9x

Solaris 2.2x
The Wicker Man 2.54x

Wolf Creek 5.8x (Christmas)

Wolf Creek shouldn’t be on there, IMO. 

out of 19 films, only The Box and The Devil Inside opened to more than $10m. The Grudge could already be in some rare company lol. 

Wow, who the hell had the insane idea to release Wolf Creek on Christmas? That's nuts. No wonder it got an F. 

I enjoyed the movie ( and its sequel ), but the release date was very wrong. I watched this one without seeing any trailers ( I rented it ), so i don't know if marketing was misleading or not. That being said, Wolf Creek is definitely not for everyone. 

I don't think it deserved that F CinemaScore, but I totally get why people gave it an F. 

On the other hand, that movie with Richard Gere totally deserved that F. I bet it was the ending that got it that score.