sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Night Preview - The Grudge $1.8M w/ an F Cinemascore LMAO

Just now, titanic2187 said:

At this point it will be tight race

but why? what is going on? it was falling and now suddenly it had a good OS weekend. I don't get it. It was supposed to do worse. which country betrayed? is it Japan? I remember it had awful NYD OS so why the fuck is weekend so good? There's no reason for such disliked movie to suddenly develop legs. None. So what's going on?

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

How exactly is Bombshell doing well? With that cast it should have done 70mil. It has greatly under performed.

The subject matter of Bombshell is just too much for GA. It has done this mich only because of good cast. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

but why? what is going on? it was falling and now suddenly it had a good OS weekend. I don't get it. It was supposed to do worse. which country betrayed? is it Japan? I remember it had awful NYD OS so why the fuck is weekend so good? There's no reason for such disliked movie to suddenly develop legs. None. So what's going on?

This weekend is usually good for overseas holds. It’s normal. Some people just overreacted and said it might not 1 billion. It’s still a big disappointment though 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

What legs are you talking about? Film did 94M OS last week-end, 50M this week-end is mediocre holiday hold at best

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

This weekend is usually good for overseas holds. It’s normal. Some people just overreacted and said it might not 1 billion. It’s still a big disappointment though 

Good. All I want is LFL to move onto something worthwhile. these characters and story were not it.

@Europe is my playground some are saying it's great so I freaked out. I don't want any more of this drek. SW is too big to get stuck in this shit.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

How exactly is Bombshell doing well? With that cast it should have done 70mil. It has greatly under performed.

For the kind of movie it is, it's doing not too bad. It's not in as bad of a financial position as Vice was last year considering that cost almost double to make.

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

1st week of the January has a lot of holiday in Japan + Europe, which so happen the region that SW brand perform the best. 

Bohemian Rhapsody increased on new year week last year from Christmas week 

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Everyone is still at home OS. Schools only start tomorrow. People are spending their last days of vacations catching up on the big blockbusters of the holidays. I am only going to work tomorrow as well. 

12 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Trailer sucked. Made no sense to put that Bad Guys Billie Eilish song... If you want audiences to think this is a serious drama about something important then market it as one... 

• Like 1

The Rise of Skywalker is a hit like everyone knew it would be but it will break that the "3rd film is the second highest grossing of the trilogy" streak. Of course I never thought that something happening twice was exactly a set in stone pattern. Especially after Solo bombed and showed us that live action Star Wars movies weren't even guaranteed successes anymore.

Jumanji is doing well. It was never going to do as well as the over performing Welcome to the Jungle so that wasn't ever a realistic standard to hold it to.

Frozen 2 continues to do great and is Disney's biggest success story of the Winter. We will get a 3rd film eventually. 

Spies in Disguise is a complete non event in every way possible. It looked too slight to survive in this tough as nails market.

Little Women and especially Knives Out are doing great. Ford v Ferrari cost a lot to make and market so I don't know what its numbers mean exactly.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

18 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

This holiday season has been great for mid-budget film, see KO, LW , F v F and UG, even ABIN, on the expenses of two films, Bombshell and RJ, which both films feature more serious, real-world inspired subject matter. 

Maybe people just want a enjoyable films during this holiday season    

10 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It seems that The Grudge has a different ending, depending on where you live.

On reddit, some posters are reporting a different ending. Way to fuck up, uh Sony?

It is apparently quite different as well. Reminds me of Holmes & Watson having completely different jokes/scenes OS.

• Like 1