sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Night Preview - The Grudge $1.8M w/ an F Cinemascore LMAO

2 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

So first film of year, an F.

Great start.

Side question, what are best legs so far for an F score.

mother! 2.38x
Alone In The Dark 1.82x 

The Box 2.29x

Bug 2.15x

Darkness 3.63x (Christmas)

The Devil Inside 1.57x

Disaster Movie 2.45x

Dr T and the Women 2.6x

Eye of the Beholder 2.75x

Fear Dot Com 2.31x

I Know Who Killed Me 2.05x

In The Cut 2.29x

Killing Them Softly 2.2x

Lost Souls 2.1x

Lucky Numbers 2.22x

Silent House 1.9x

Solaris 2.2x
The Wicker Man 2.54x

Wolf Creek 5.8x (Christmas)

Wolf Creek shouldn’t be on there, IMO. 

out of 19 films, only The Box and The Devil Inside opened to more than $10m. The Grudge could already be in some rare company lol. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

mother! 2.38x
Alone In The Dark 1.82x 

The Box 2.29x

Bug 2.15x

Darkness 3.63x (Christmas)

The Devil Inside 1.57x

Disaster Movie 2.45x

Dr T and the Women 2.6x

Eye of the Beholder 2.75x

Fear Dot Com 2.31x

I Know Who Killed Me 2.05x

In The Cut 2.29x

Killing Them Softly 2.2x

Lost Souls 2.1x

Lucky Numbers 2.22x

Silent House 1.9x

Solaris 2.2x
The Wicker Man 2.54x

Wolf Creek 5.8x (Christmas)

Wolf Creek shouldn’t be on there, IMO. 

out of 19 films, only The Box and The Devil Inside opened to more than $10m. The Grudge could already be in some rare company lol. 

Bug. Wasn’t that a Billy Friedkin film? That had some great reviews from critics. Haven’t seen it though. Solaris was good too. As was Killing Them Softly.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

Maybe this will finally mean that they'll let the franchise die. 

There certainly won't be a film for a very long time. I'm sure the brand name will be used again maybe in 15 years time and when Arnold is too old to be involved anyway / dead.

Edited by Avatree

Soap I read from a couple of horror reviewers on Twitter that said that they were surprised that the Grudge got such a low score. Said they thought it was a perfectly passable horror film and the audience they saw it where seemed to be pretty into it. I know this is going to destroy the film's box office but cinemascore is such a small sample of people that I really think it should be abolished at times.

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

Soap I read from a couple of horror reviewers on Twitter that said that they were surprised that the Grudge got such a low score. Said they thought it was a perfectly passable horror film and the audience they saw it where seemed to be pretty into it. I know this is going to destroy the film's box office but cinemascore is such a small sample of people that I really think it should be abolished at times.

Audience score on RT currently sitting at a healthy 19%, baumer.

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Audience score on RT currently sitting at a healthy 19%, baumer.

I'm not disputing what the audiences think. I'm just simply relaying what I read on Twitter from a couple of horror critics that I respect and follow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm not disputing what the audiences think. I'm just simply relaying what I read on Twitter from a couple of horror critics that I respect and follow.

Yeh same here actually. I got the impression from the RT reviews that it’s “nasty” which makes me think it doesn’t have a happy ending, would coincide with Wolf Creek getting an F. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, baumer said:

If the cinemascore isn't inaccurate, I'm confused as to why it has to be abolished then.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

If the cinemascore isn't inaccurate, I'm confused as to why it has to be abolished then.

Because it's a small sample size. Cinemascore comes from one theatre. I understand that if you go to rotten tomatoes and you get an audience score on their it makes a bit more accurate but I'm just of the school of thought that people should not be sheep and not go by what other people think all the time. Give the movie a chance and go see it for yourself and make up your own mind.

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Because it's a small sample size. Cinemascore comes from one theatre. I understand that if you go to rotten tomatoes and you get an audience score on their it makes a bit more accurate but I'm just of the school of thought that people should not be sheep and not go by what other people think all the time. Give the movie a chance and go see it for yourself and make up your own mind.

I agree with you that people should see films and make up their own minds. But if that’s your reasoning for abolishing cinemascore then shouldn’t every audience rating be abolished? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Many people don't even know cinemascore exists. Its used more by the industry for analysis than by consumers. Its also why the comscore posttrak score is used. Consumers are more likely to look at reviews and the RT audience score. And this "make up your own mind" thing doesn't work when consumers are paying for (mostly overpriced) tickets. Why are they going to pay to watch a film that everyone is telling them is bad?

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The Grudge 2020 looks like trash. There are so many decent to good horror films being released, there is no need to watch trash like The Grudge 2020

I would say the trailers have both been really effective actually. 

If you haven’t seen it, you can’t call it trash.