Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Spoiler

I loved the return of those from the snap. FFH played it like a comedy but this was a horror movie. They made you feel for Monica instantly even as someone who doesn't remember Captain Marvel that much.

Never thought I'd want a D'arcy and Jimmy Woo team up but must say really enjoyed their back and forth.

Lizzie Olsen continues to scare as Wanda and the dead Vision got a jump scare put of me.

• Like 4

Hmm, wasn’t expecting this to be a whole episode, thought we would get 80s this week+a little outside stuff.    

Great opening.   

Wanda can’t be the real villain at this point, lol.   

Wonder if it’s now going to be ep 5 80s, ep 6 90s, ep 7 modern sitcom, final 2 outside sitcom structure.

My opinions on ep 4 including spoilers:

Spoiler

I loved it but it was my least favorite episode - only because eps 1 & 2 were really strong, and ep 3 was good. It got so meta at times that it felt a little jarring and took me out of it, also I don't find Jimmy and Darcy that compelling here unfortunately (even though they were highlights in their respective movies) as their jokes fell really flat for me lol

I don't think Wanda is the main villain here as the episode wants us to believe that and we're only at episode 4/9. 

My biggest confusion is - is Vision alive? This episode suggests that he is essentially a walking corpse animated by Wanda, however, in previous episodes we see he has some form of consciousness and even questions the reality of the entire town. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Another strong episode. Great to see Jimmy Woo and Darcy back, and Monica Rambeau had an excellent introduction. Love that they're continuing to reference the Snap. 

I still don't think Wanda is the villain, it's too early for that reveal so I think this is a red herring.

Dead Vision was horrifying. 

They never identified Agnes or Dottie, wonder if that is significant. 

Vision is definitely suspicious going by his expression at the end, which is odd if he is just a reanimated corpse. Perhaps Wanda gave him independent consciousness in order to have a more satisfying fake relationship? Idk. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jatvision said:

So in next two episodes, 1 will be 90s FRIENDS/Seinfield-esque sitcom while the 6th one will be Modern Family-esque fourth wall breaking sitcom. 

And final 3 episodes getting to MCU 3rd act.

Not sure if we’ll have 2 more sitcom or 3 more. Indications were strong of 6 total sitcoms eras, which I assumed would be the first 6, but I’m not sure if this really counts, might be more of an intermission to some kind of 3+1+3+2 structure.

4 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Not sure if we’ll have 2 more sitcom or 3 more. Indications were strong of 6 total sitcoms eras, which I assumed would be the first 6, but I’m not sure if this really counts, might be more of an intermission to some kind of 3+1+3+2 structure.

From the promo we have seen it looks like only 2 Sitcoms are left 

1) 80s/90s of Halloween 

2) Modern Family /Office like

Spoiler

This also raises the question are Children real. 

Because when Monica came back, she was in 70s clothing. So what's actually is happening?? 

Is reality wrapping working outside the parameter. 

20 minutes ago, jatvision said:

from the new promo

Reveal hidden contents

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

From the promo we have seen it looks like only 2 Sitcoms are left 

1) 80s/90s of Halloween 

2) Modern Family /Office like

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the case, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if 80s/90s are separate episodes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Yeah possible but then I don't know who said but final 3 episodes are what MCU film are.

13 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

(spoiler tagging for people who don't want to know which episodes are sitcoms or not)

Spoiler

It seems like the next couple episodes are gonna be a mix of both. According to the cast listings, the SWORD guys have a big presence from this episode all the way to the end (including episodes 5 and 6) and the military from the next episode onwards. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 3

Spoiler

I don't think Maria is dead in thr first place. My theory, she is probably in space with Fury. 

I thjnm Monica, Woo and Darcy will probably return for Secret Invasion show. Definetly Monica as she is much more important to MCU going forward than I thought. 

17 minutes ago, Menor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

• Like 1