CAYOM Year 7 Discussion Thread

I must admit I've caught a bit of the post-holiday blues which has prevented me from doing any writing so far. I am hoping to continue writing for Penpal and AoT (both of which I started drafts on a very, very long time ago) so my goal is to jump back into those starting tomorrow.

• Like 2

Update:
- I should have a draft of Toons ready tomorrow

- If finished, I’ll go on to making some fillers (Zatanna, Statham/Ridley Futball arena action thriller, maybe a comedy with effort)

- Then I’ll begin the process of making an outline/draft of GLCH all in the span of two weeks.

- Then whatever else I want.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I figured I'd post this here and not in group chat, since I didn't want to bombard you guys with a wall of text. Anyways, I've been debating wanting to make this post for a couple days now since I wanted to have time to think it over before coming to a decision on what I'm about to say. After some deliberation, I've finally made a decision.

Penpal is not coming out this year.

This was not an easy decision for me to make and I know some of you guys will probably be disappointed. I know I am. This is a project that has been in the works since the beginning of 3.0 and I thought this would finally be the year it would see the light of release. I have no trouble saying that this is the most challenging film I've written so far in the game. Not to give too much away, but the film itself deals with a lot of shifting back-and-forth between time periods throughout and trying to devote enough time to fleshing out each out the film has taken up a lot more time I was initially anticipating. I've spent roughly a month and a half writing on it and this is mostly the reason why the film is currently sitting at a 28.3k word count. I finished writing it last week and was in the mindset of finally releasing it. Technically, if I wanted to, I could post it right now.

But that's the thing: even though it is technically finished, I can say for certain that is in absolutely no shape or form to be released at this time. This is in part due to the feedback I received from @4815162342 a couple days ago. Without getting into too many specifics about it, there is a significant chunk of the film that, looking back on and thinking it over, I am not happy with, and going back through that huge chunk of word count and fixing it is gonna take me a lot more time than I was anticipating it would. If I wanted to, I could probably devote the next few weeks to finishing it, but given how much work my online classes have proven to be so far, along with my attention shifting towards wanting to write Attack on Titan, I don't want to overwhelm myself anymore than I am already feeling. Everything going on right now has been making me more and more anxious and I want to try to lessen that feeling as much as I can.

This project is something that has held a very special place in my heart for several years now and I am 110 percent devoted to making the adaptation of it the best quality it can be. The last thing I want is to rush out a project simply for the sake of filling up the schedule (and I know damn well how that worked out for me the last time I tried doing that). I was really hoping this would be the year it would come out but at the moment, I think it needs a bit more time to cook in the oven before I can release it.

Thankfully, the film should be on track for a Y8 release and I'm aiming to have the project done by the time the Part 1 thread for that year opens. And thanks to Numbers' feedback, I have an idea of what I need to go back and fix. I hope to jump back into the writing process for it as soon as I finish reviews for the Y7 films (and hopefully that's around the time I am done and finished with all of my online classes as well). 

Admittedly, I am very disappointed that I won't be able to release the film this year as I have been working non-stop on it since mid-February and because I was so excited to finally share with you guys a story that has stuck with me for so many years and has been deeply influential for me in my own personal writing. The silver lining with this is that I am now more determined than ever to deliver with this project and I'm hoping I can do that next game year. 

I'm sorry if I disappointed some of you guys that were really looking forward to reading the film this year. The last thing I want is to give you guys a mediocre offering (especially not a mediocre offering at the word count that it is at). Hopefully, I can deliver it for next year. 

• Like 6

Titles listed in green are finished.

Spoiler

Friday, January 6

Vixen and the Flaming Feather - Animation/Adventure - Directed by Gianluigi Toccafondo - PG - $13.5m budget - 2,227 theaters

Friday, January 13 (4-Day MLK Weekend)

Father Knows Worst - Comedy - Directed by Tyler Perry - PG-13 - $20m budget - 3,785 theaters

Hypercompetency - Sci-Fi/Action- Directed by Lana Wachowski - PG-13 - $185m budget - 3,881 theaters - In HFR 3D, Dolby HFR 3D, and IMAX

Friday, January 20

Finders Keepers - Dark Comedy - Directed by Justin Dec - R - $10m budget - 3,144 theaters

Friday, January 27

Outside the Law - Crime - Directed by Andrea Berloff - R - $40m budget - 3,085 theaters

Friday, February 3

Broadway Selects: Burn This - Filmed Play - Directed by Michael Mayer and Lorenzo Thione - R - $0.5m budget - 2,238 theaters

Friday, February 10

Love After Loving - Thriller/Romance - Directed by James Foley - R - $20m budget - 3,279 theaters

Starlight - Animation/Sci-Fi - Directed by Alex Hirsch & Rodney Rothman - PG - $85m budget - 4,225 theaters - In IMAX and Dolby 

Tuesday, February 14 (Valentine's Day)

No releases

Friday, February 17 (4-Day Presidents Day Weekend)

Carver - Historical Biopic - Directed by Lee Daniels - PG - $15m budget - 2,438 theaters

Plastic Man - Superhero/Comedy - Directed by Nicholas Stoller - PG-13 - 4,175 theaters - In 3D, Dolby and IMAX (55% split with Starlight)

Starlight retains 45% of IMAX screens -

Friday, February 24

Conventionally Wiser - Action - Directed by Anthony Fuqua - R - $25m budget - 3,497 theaters

The Scavenger Wars Part II: Director's Cut - Sci-Fi/Thriller/Drama - Directed by Matt Duffer & Ross Duffer - R - $245m budget - 2,400 theaters - In Dolby Cinema and Cinerama

Friday, March 3

In the Doghouse - Thriller - Directed by David Fincher - R - $50m budget -3,401 theaters - In Dolby Cinema and IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, March 10

Dazzling - Concert Film - Directed by Bruce Hendricks - PG-13 - $7m budget - 2,450 theaters - In 3D

Friday, March 17

Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy - Fantasy - Directed by Miguel Sapochnik - PG-13 - $175m budget - 4,256 theaters - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, March 24

The Last Fifer: Portrait of a Clarenist - Documentary - Directed by Andrew Slater - PG - $0.55m budget - 1,510 theaters

Friday, March 31

Beyblade: The War Unleashed — Let Them Rip! - Directed by Robert Rodriguez - PG-13 - $100m budget - 3,936 theaters - In IMAX

Friday, April 7 (Easter Weekend)

Father II: The Resurrection - Horror/Thriller - Directed by Anna Foersted - R - $15m budget - 3,666 theaters

Hilda and the Midnight Giant - Animation/Adventure - Directed by Jill Culton - PG - $130m budget - 4,200 theaters - In Dolby and IMAX

Friday, April 14

Snow Leopards - Nature Documentary - Directed by Drew Fellman - G - $5m budget - 2,450 theaters

Vengeance - Thriller - Directed by David von Ancken - R - $35m budget - 3,219 theaters

Friday, April 21

Looping - Sci-fi Drama - Directed by Julia Hart - PG-13 - $23.5m budget - 3,417 theaters

Monster Bug Wars - Sci-fi/Horror - Directed by Alex Graves - PG-13 - $80m budget - 3,787 theaters - in 3D, Dolby and IMAX

Friday, April 28

I'll Always Be There - Romantic Drama - Directed by Ry Russo-Young - $30m budget - 3,200 theaters

Whoopsie-Daisy - Comedy - Directed by Ben Falcone - PG-13 - $30m budget - 2,700 theaters

Friday, May 5

No releases

Friday, May 12 (Mother's Day Weekend)

Sir Thymes Time 2 - Animation/Adventure/Comedy - Directed by Trish Gum - PG - $120m budget - 4,037 theaters - In 3D

Friday, May 19

Cruis'n USA - Sports - Directed by Sebastian Schipper - PG-13 - $60m budget - 3,500 theaters

Friday, May 26 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Call of Duty: Eye of the Storm - Action/War/Thriller - Directed by Paul Greengrass - R - $160m budget - 4,061 theaters - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Flying High - Concert Film - Directed by Morgan Spurlock - PG-13 - $7m budget - 2,450 theaters - In 3D

Friday, June 2

Adam & Cindy - Dramedy - Directed by Rich Correll - PG - $7m budget - 3,213 theaters

The Final Cut - Horror - Directed by Jen Soska and Sylvia Soska - R - $7m budget - 3,297 theaters

Friday, June 9

Yang - Mystery - Directed by Duncan Jones - PG-13 - $75m budget - 3,480 theaters - In IMAX

Friday, June 16 (Father's Day Weekend)

The Scavenger Wars Part III - Sci-Fi/Action/Thriller - Directed by Matt Shakman - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, June 23

Dear Evan Hansen - Musical Drama - Directed by Darnell Martin - PG-13 - $50m budget -3,791 theaters

Friday, June 30 (5-Day Independence Day Weekend)

Should You Imagine - Animation/Fantasy/Comedy - Directed by Genndy Tartakovsky - PG - $165m budget - 4,508 theaters - In 3D, Dolby Cinema and IMAX (2 weeks)

Hearts of Fire - Action - Directed by Luiz Henrique Rios - PG-13 - $35m budget - 3,213 theaters

Tuesday, July 4 (Independence Day)

No releases

Thursday, July 6

Looney Tunes: The Classics Remastered  (Amazon Prime Sneak Peek) - Animation/Comedy - Directed by Darrell van Citters - PG - $20m budget - 934 theaters - In 3D

Friday, July 7

The Exchange - Comedy - Directed by Sean Anders - PG-13 - $25m budget - 3,397 theaters

Out on the Lake - Horror - Directed by Charlotte Brändström - R - $15m budget - 3,184 theaters

Friday, July 14

Looney Tunes: The Classics Remastered - Animation/Comedy - Directed by Darrell van Citters - PG - $20m budget - 2,356 theaters - In 3D

- Blanks reserves IMAX slot for yet to be posted film -

Friday, July 21

Scout's Honor - Family Comedy - Directed by Andy Fickman - PG - $25m budget - 3,167 theaters

Friday, July 28

Attack on Titan - Fantasy/Action - Directed by Matt Reeves - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Hoops 3 - Sports/Dramedy - Directed by Charles Stone III - PG-13 - $18m budget - 2,879 theaters

Friday, August 4

Lena and the Featherweights - Animation/Adventure - Directed by Matthew Humphreys & Tanner Johnson - $75m budget - 3,800 theaters

Friday, August 11

The Long Way Home - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Directed by Steven Caple Jr. - PG-13 - $165m budget - 4,075 theaters In IMAX

Friday, August 18

Loving a Shadow - Family/Comedy - Directed by Lasse Hallström - PG - $15m budget - 3,201 theaters

Tongues (Limited release) - Drama - Directed by Pablo Larrain - PG-13 - $7.75m budget - 4 theaters

Friday, August 25

The Perfect Life - Thriller - Directed by James DeMonaco - R - $35m budget - 3,426 theaters

Snakes - Nature Documentary - Directed by Alistair Fothergill - G - $5m budget - 2,450 theaters

Tongues (Limited expansion) - Drama - Directed by Pablo Larrain - PG-13 - $7.75m budget - 215 theaters

Friday, September 1 (4-Day Labor Day Weekend)

3:32 A.M - Found Footage Prequel Horror - Directed by Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman - R - $5m budget - 3,307 theaters

Tongues (Wide release) - Drama - Directed by Pablo Larrain - PG-13 - $7.75m budget - 1,575 theaters

Friday, September 8

The First Month - Drama - Directed by Alex Garland - R - $30m budget - 3,210 theaters

Friday, September 15

Banjo-Kazooie - Animation - Directed by Karey Kirkpatrick - PG - $85m budget - 3,825 theaters

Columbine - Drama - Directed by Sam Mendes - R - $20m budget - 3,500 theaters

Friday, September 22

Dawn of the Last Six - Fantasy/Action - Directed by Andrew Stanton - PG-13 - $200m budget - 4,214 theaters - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, September 29

Fish Fry - Comedy/Drama - Directed by Tyler Perry - PG-13 - $10m budget - 3,785 theaters

Laika (Limited Release) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 5 theaters

Saturday, September 30

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (One-Day Amazon Prime Sneak Peeks) - Sports - Directed by Ryan Coogler - PG - $25m budget - 800 theaters

Friday, October 6

Countdown City - Crime/Drama - Directed by Mimi Leder - R - $45m budget - 3,372 theaters

Laika (Limited Expansion) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 36 theaters

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater - Sports - Directed by Ryan Coogler - PG - $25m budget - 3,427 theaters - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, October 13

Broadway Selects: BeetlejuiceFilmed Play - Directed by Alex Timbers and Michael John Warren - PG-13 - $0.5m budget - 2,821 theaters

Laika (Limited Expansion #2) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 173 theaters

The Layover - Romantic Comedy - Directed by Claire Scanlon - PG-13 - $30m budget - 3,247 theaters

Friday, October 20

Laika (Limited Expansion #3) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 464 theaters

Megalo Box - Sci-Fi/Sports - Directed by J.D. Dillard - PG-13 - $90m budget - 3,502 theaters - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, October 27

Laika (Wide Release) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 789 theaters

The Turkey Squad - Action/Sci-Fi/Comedy - Directed by Beth McCarthy-Miller - PG-13 - $50m budget - 3,251 theaters - In 3D

Saturday, October 29th

Toons v Reality (Amazon Prime screening) - Animation/Comedy - Directed by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller - PG - $105m budget - 1,000 theaters

Friday, November 3

Laika (Wide Expansion) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 1,630 theaters

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Limited Release) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 5 theaters

Toons v Reality - Animation/Comedy - Directed by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller - PG - $105m budget - 4,230 theaters - In 3D, Dolby Cinema & IMAX

Friday, November 10 (Veterans' Day Weekend)

American BarbequeDramedy - Directed by David O. Russell - PG-13 - $20m budget - 3,050 theaters

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Limited Expansion) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 180 theaters

Friday, November 17

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Limited Expansion #2) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 391 theaters

Notorious - Romantic Drama/Thriller - Directed by Karyn Kusama - R - $60m budget - 3,416 theaters

Red Flavour - Concert - Bruce Hendricks - PG-13 - $7.5m budget - 2,450 theaters - in 3D

Tower of Babylon (IMAX limited release) - Epic - Directed by Denis Villenueve - PG-13 - $300m budget - 485 theaters - In IMAX

Wednesday, November 22 (Day Before Thanksgiving)

Birdwing - Animation/Fantasy - Directed by Nathan Greno & Byron Howard - PG - $160m budget - 3,965 theaters

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Wide Release) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 755 theaters

Tower of Babylon (Wide release) - Epic - Directed by Denis Villenueve - PG-13 - $300m budget - 4,005 theaters - In IMAX

Friday, November 24

No releases

Friday, December 1

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Wide Expansion) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 1,181 theaters

The Written WordDrama - Directed by Lenny Abrahamson - PG-13 - $25m budget - 1,750 theaters

Friday, December 8

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Wide Expansion #2) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 2,193 theaters

Wii Play - Action/Adventure - Directed by Jeff Fowler - PG - $50m budget - 3,490 theaters

Friday, December 15

The Gift of Life - Documentary - Directed by Tim Wardle - G - $4.5m budget - 2,112 theaters

Green Lantern Corps: Home - Sci-Fi/Superhero - Directed by Christopher McQuarrie - PG-13 - $235m budget - 4,520 theaters - In IMAX, 3D and Dolby

Until DawnDrama/Horror - Directed by Vincenzo Natali - R - $50m budget - 3,411 theaters

Wednesday, December 20th

Temple Run - Adventure - Directed by James Gunn - PG-13 - $85m budget - 3,821 theaters

Friday, December 22 (4-Day Christmas Weekend)

The Ends of the Universe - Animation/Sci-Fi/Adventure - Directed by Steve Ahn & Chris Palmer - PG-13 - $100m budget - 3,625 theaters

Making Waves 2 - Sports/Dramadey/Family - Directed by Sean McNamara - PG - $18m budget - 3,120 theaters

Monday, December 25 (Christmas)

The Disappointment - Comedy - Directed by Adam McKay - PG-13 - $45 budget - 3,400 theaters

Friday, December 29

No releases

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, cookie said:

Titles listed in green are finished.

Hide contents

Friday, January 6

Vixen and the Flaming Feather - Animation/Adventure - Directed by Gianluigi Toccafondo - PG - $13.5m budget - 2,227 theaters

Friday, January 13 (4-Day MLK Weekend)

Father Knows Worst - Comedy - Directed by Tyler Perry - PG-13 - $20m budget - 3,785 theaters

Hypercompetency - Sci-Fi/Action/Noir - Directed by Lana Wachowski - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, January 20

No releases

Friday, January 27

Expedition Everest - Action/Adventure - Directed by Jon Turteltaub - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, February 3

No releases

Friday, February 10

Love After Loving - Thriller/Romance - Directed by James Foley - R - $20m budget - 3,279 theaters

Tuesday, February 14 (Valentine's Day)

No releases

Friday, February 17 (4-Day Presidents Day Weekend)

The Epsilon Syndicate: Art of the Dream - Action/Comedy/Thriller - Directed by Danishka Esterhazy - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, February 24

The Scavenger Wars Part II: Director's Cut - Sci-Fi/Thriller/Drama - Directed by Matt Duffer & Ross Duffer - R - $245m budget - 2,400 theaters - In Dolby Cinema and Cinerama

Friday, March 3

In the Doghouse - Thriller - Directed by David Fincher - R - $50m budget -3,401 theaters - In Dolby Cinema and IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, March 10

Dazzling - Concert Film - Directed by Bruce Hendricks - PG-13 - $7m budget - 2,450 theaters - In 3D

Friday, March 17

Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy - Fantasy - Directed by Miguel Sapochnik - PG-13 - $175m budget - 4,126 theaters - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, March 24

The Last Fifer: Portrait of a Clarenist - Documentary - Directed by Andrew Slater - PG - $0.55m budget - 1,510 theaters

Friday, March 31

Beyblade: The War Unleashed — Let Them Rip! - Directed by Robert Rodriguez - PG-13 - $100m budget - 3,936 theaters - In IMAX

Friday, April 7 (Easter Weekend)

The Legend of Zelda: Secret of the Guardians - Animation/Fantasy/Adventure - Directed by Travis Knight - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, April 14

Snow Leopards - Nature Documentary - Directed by Drew Fellman - G - $5m budget - 2,450 theaters

Vengeance - Thriller - Directed by David von Ancken - R - $35m budget - 3,219 theaters

Friday, April 21

Monster Bug Wars - Sci-fi/Horror - Directed by Alex Graves - PG-13 - $80m budget - 3,787 theaters - in 3D and Dolby

The Rescuers: Burden of Dreams - Family/Adventure - Directed by Chloe Zhao - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, April 28

Whoopsie-Daisy - Comedy - Directed by Ben Falcone - PG-13 - $30m budget - 2,700 theaters

Friday, May 5

Daughters - Sci-Fi/Adventure/Drama - Directed by Greta Gerwig - In IMAX (Beginning on May 12)

One Piece II - Action/Adventure - Directed by Jon Watts - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, May 12 (Mother's Day Weekend)

Sir Thymes Time 2 - Animation/Adventure/Comedy - Directed by Trish Gum - PG - $120m budget - 4,037 theaters - In 3D

(Daughters and One Piece II split IMAX showtimes 50-50 this weekend)

Friday, May 19

No releases

Friday, May 26 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Call of Duty: Eye of the Storm - Action/War/Thriller - Directed by Paul Greengrass - R - $160m budget - 3,944 theaters - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Flying High - Concert Film - Directed by Morgan Spurlock - PG-13 - $7m budget - 2,450 theaters - In 3D

Friday, June 2

No releases

Friday, June 9

Yang - Mystery - Directed by Duncan Jones - In IMAX

Friday, June 16 (Father's Day Weekend)

The Scavenger Wars Part III - Sci-Fi/Action/Thriller - Directed by Matt Shakman - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, June 23

No releases

Friday, June 30 (5-Day Independence Day Weekend)

Should You Imagine - Animation/Fantasy/Comedy - Directed by Genndy Tartakovsky - PG - $165m budget - 4,508 theaters - In 3D, Dolby Cinema and IMAX (2 weeks)

Tuesday, July 4 (Independence Day)

No releases

Thursday, July 6

Looney Tunes: The Classics Remastered  (Limited Release) - Animation/Comedy - Directed by Darrell van Citters - PG - $20m budget - 4 theaters - In 3D

Friday, July 7

No releases

Friday, July 14

Scoundrel - Genre TBA - Directed by Rian Johnson - In IMAX

Friday, July 21

Looney Tunes: The Classics Remastered  (Limited Expansion) - Animation/Comedy - Directed by Darrell van Citters - PG - $20m budget - 12 theaters - In 3D

Temple Run - Adventure - Directed by James Gunn - In IMAX

Friday, July 28

Attack on Titan - Fantasy/Action - Directed by Matt Reeves - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Looney Tunes: The Classics Remastered  (Limited Expansion #2) - Animation/Comedy - Directed by Darrell van Citters - PG - $20m budget - 20 theaters - In 3D

Friday, August 4

Hilda and the Midnight Giant - Animation/Adventure - Directed by Jill Culton - PG - $130m budget - 4,150 theaters - In Dolby

Looney Tunes: The Classics Remastered  (Wide Expansion) - Animation/Comedy - Directed by Darrell van Citters - PG - $20m budget - 1,000 theaters - In 3D

Friday, August 11

Hoops 3 - Sports/Dramadey - Directed by Charles Stone III = PG-13 - $18m budget - 2,879 theaters

The Long Way Home - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Directed by Steven Caple Jr. - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, August 18

No releases

Friday, August 25

Snakes - Nature Documentary - Directed by Alistair Fothergill - G - $5m budget - 2,450 theaters

Friday, September 1 (4-Day Labor Day Weekend)

No releases

Friday, September 8

No releases

Friday, September 15

Banjo-Kazooie - Animation - Directed by Karey Kirkpatrick - PG - $85m budget - 3,825 theaters

Friday, September 22

Dawn of the Last Six - Fantasy/Action - Directed by Andrew Stanton - PG-13 - $200m budget - 4,214 theaters - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, September 29

Fish Fry - Comedy/Drama - Directed by Tyler Perry - PG-13 - $10m budget - 3,785 theaters

Laika (Limited Release) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 5 theaters

Saturday, September 30

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (One-Day Amazon Prime Sneak Peeks) - Sports - Directed by Ryan Coogler - PG - $25m budget - 800 theaters

Friday, October 6

Countdown City - Crime/Drama - Directed by Mimi Leder - R - $45m budget - 3,372 theaters

Laika (Limited Expansion) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 36 theaters

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater - Sports - Directed by Ryan Coogler - PG - $25m budget - 3,427 theaters - In IMAX (2 weeks)

Friday, October 13

Laika (Limited Expansion #2) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 173 theaters

Friday, October 20

Laika (Limited Expansion #3) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 464 theaters

Megalo Box - Sci-Fi/Sports - Directed by J.D. Dillard - PG-13 - $90m budget - 3,502 theaters - In IMAX (30% of showtimes this week) (2 weeks)

Starlight - Animation - Directed by Rodney Rothman - In IMAX (70% of showtimes this week) (2 weeks)

Friday, October 27

Laika (Wide Release) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 789 theaters

(Megalo Box gets 70% of IMAX showtimes, Starlight 30%)

Saturday, October 29th

Toons v Reality (Amazon Prime screening) - Animation/Comedy - Directed by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller - PG - $105m budget - 1,000 theaters

Friday, November 3

Laika (Wide Expansion) - Animation/Drama - Directed by Christian Desmares - PG - $15m budget - 1,630 theaters

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Limited Release) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 5 theaters

Toons v Reality - Animation/Comedy - Directed by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller - PG - $105m budget - 4,230 theaters - In 3D, Dolby Cinema & IMAX

The Turkey Squad - Action/Sci-Fi/Comedy - Directed by Beth McCarthy-Miller - PG-13 - $50m budget - 3,251 theaters - In 3D

Friday, November 10 (Veterans' Day Weekend)

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Limited Expansion) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 180 theaters

Friday, November 17

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Limited Expansion #2) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 391 theaters

Red Flavour - Concert - Bruce Hendricks - PG-13 - $7.5m budget - 2,450 theaters - in 3D

Tower of Babylon (IMAX limited release) - Epic is apparently a standalone genre now - Directed by Denis Villenueve - In IMAX

Wednesday, November 22 (Day Before Thanksgiving)

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Wide Release) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 755 theaters

Tower of Babylon (Wide release) - Epic is apparently a standalone genre now - Directed by Denis Villenueve - In IMAX

Friday, November 24

No releases

Friday, December 1

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Wide Expansion) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 1,181 theaters

The Written WordDrama - Directed by Lenny Abrahamson - PG-13 - $25m budget - 1,750 theaters

Friday, December 8

Ms. Blakk 4 President (Wide Expansion #2) - Political Dramedy - Directed by Marielle Heller - R - $7.5m budget - 2,193 theaters

Wii Play - Action/Adventure - Directed by Jeff Fowler - PG - $50m budget - 3,490 theaters

Friday, December 15

The Gift of Life - Documentary - Directed by Tim Wardle - G - $4.5m budget - 2,112 theaters

Green Lantern Corps: Home - Sci-Fi/Superhero - Directed by Christopher McQuarrie - In IMAX

Until DawnDrama/Horror - Directed by Vincenzo Natali - R - $50m budget - 3,411 theaters

Friday, December 22 (4-Day Christmas Weekend)

The Ends of the Universe - Animation/Sci-Fi/Adventure - Directed by Steve Ahn & Chris Palmer - PG-13 - $100m budget - 3,418 theaters

Making Waves 2 - Sports/Dramadey/Family - Directed by Sean McNamara - PG - $18m budget - 3,120 theaters

Monday, December 25 (Christmas)

The Disappointment - Comedy - Directed by Adam McKay - PG-13 - $45 budget - 3,400 theaters

Friday, December 29

No releases

Based on the list I’ve come up with films we need:
January 13th (1 more), 20th and 27th

February 3rd (1), 17th (2)

April 7th (2)

May 5th (1), 18th (1)

June 2nd (1), 9th (1), 16th (1), 23rd (1), and 30th (1 more)

July 7th (1), 14th (1), 21st (1), and 28th (1)

August 18th (1)

September 1st (2), 8th (1)

October 13th (1)

November 22nd (1)

December 29th (1)

We need 26 more films.

• Like 2

Hey guys, I have an announcement:

Spoiler

👔

Spoiler

I’m going to push back Zelda to next year. I’ve been evaluating these past few days just how much it’ll take for me to finish both Scavs and Zelda within the allotted time, and I deduced that it simply wasn’t possible.

I lost a lot of time over the March period for a few different reasons — work, coronavirus concerns, internal crises I’d rather not talk about, Hilda being more difficult to finish than I anticipated etc., but the main issue has been an already mentioned brutal sickness that’s been going on for the past week and a half.

I’m recovering now, but I may have to skip work for a few more days since, in these times, they don’t want you as much as sneezing around there. Given our clientele is pretty old, I understand why they don’t want me around. I may even have to stay home until Easter since this thing refuses to fully go away still.

I’ve been able to write a lot over the past few days, but the week prior had been close to impossible. Last Sunday I was practically blind for close to an hour because my eyes were so irritated, and over most of the week, it was difficult to even be able to sit down and focus.

Over the past few days, I’ve had to mull over which film was worth sacrificing and, as much as I didn’t want to do it, Zelda was always the easy answer. I felt that if I gave up Scavs it was going to eventually devolve into another Voltron 3 and never be finished, and I would be so broken if that happened that I may give up on writing altogether (That sounds very dramatic, I know, but given how many times I’ve failed, there comes a point where you just wouldn’t have the self-confidence to continue). Besides, it’s always been much further along, so there was the risk that I wouldn’t be able to finish Zelda either and I’d be left having screwed over both.

Both projects are very important to me, and I’d rather not compromise either for the sake of getting both out, and because Zelda’s the start of a series as opposed to an already ongoing one that has to maintain its pace somewhat, it’s easier to push it back a year and make it the best it can be.

Once the next phase of Y7 starts, I’ll be working on Zelda and the Rian Johnson space opera project as much as I can in between doing reviews and actuals (I’d rather not jump into Scavs 4 right away since feedback for part three is going to play a large role in how that stakes out). I’ve also pushed back a couple of Y8 projects to make room for this change, and my updated studio plans can be found here:

I would also like to request that I’d be given time to polish Scav 3 during the proposed “filler week” past the April 20th deadline so I can make it as good as it can be. I’m confident that the main draft will be finished before the 20th, but it wouldn’t hurt to give it an extra spit and polish (plus, @4815162342's feedback will be invaluable to me). Should I finish Scavs ahead of schedule, I might work on something small in the space in between.

Zelda departing leaves a question of what to do with the slot I have for Easter weekend, and I’d like to ask if I could move Hilda there and have it take up its IMAX slot. I was hesitant to do that at first, since it would mean both of my films would be in the first half of the year, but I think it could work out in the long run.

Admittedly, much like @Rorschach with Penpal, I’m very disappointed that it’s come to this, especially when I’ve been working on Zelda since I acquired the rights back in Y5 and had Y7 tagged as a prime year for it. The benefit, at least, is that, with the added time, I would be able to make it the best it can be and hopefully solve a few plot issues that’s been bugging me for a long time now, all while Scavs gets extra breathing room over these next two weeks.

I hope I haven’t disappointed too many who were looking forward to it, but I’d rather be able to deliver two strong offerings at separate times than rush both out at once and have both be compromised as a result. Year 8 should be pretty good if all goes to plan, at least.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

With Long Way Home done, finally, my intention is to get a pair of imports ready for posting by the end of the day Sunday, if not before.

That should conclude my end of things, aside from maybe generating a couple fillers if necessary