sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Night Preview - 1917 $3.25M | Like a Boss $1M | Just Mercy $800K | Underwater $500K

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Grudge probably won’t be far off Bye Bye Man’s total. Plus those two didn’t have an F Cinemascore. 

(Bye Bye Man is one of the worst horror films of the last decade, IMO). 

Grudge might’ve been helped if it had a younger lead actress. 

If TG were under the BH Umbrella, featuring a girl as lead, it could've the same reception but would end grossing the double, and costing way lower.

8 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

I hope they re-expand this film post-Oscar nomination to more than 1000. The max theater parasite went was only 620. 

That will be unprecedented case for foreign language film, at least in the past decade 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I hope they re-expand this film post-Oscar nomination to more than 1000. The max theater parasite went was only 620. 

That will be unprecedented case for foreign language film, at least in the past decade 

I hope so too. 

Having seen the film this weekend, it’s got the potential to connect with a wide audience so long as they can get over the subtitles.

with an Oscar nominations boost and then an Oscar boost in February for what is a guaranteed Foreign Lang win at the very least, this can go 50m +. They just need to play their cards right. 

26 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

I hope so too. 

Having seen the film this weekend, it’s got the potential to connect with a wide audience so long as they can get over the subtitles.

with an Oscar nominations boost and then an Oscar boost in February for what is a guaranteed Foreign Lang win at the very least, this can go 50m +. They just need to play their cards right. 

50M?! No. I'd love to see 35M+ though. If played really right maybe close to 40M.