sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Night Preview - 1917 $3.25M | Like a Boss $1M | Just Mercy $800K | Underwater $500K

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I like Kristen Stewart a lot. It is such a shame that her step back into the mainstream has been such a disaster. ☹️

It’s not her choice of projects in my opinion. American Ultra I liked. Camp X-Ray and Personal Shopper had decent  To ok word of mouth. Charlie’s Angels was a mistake either way(even if you had  Kate Upton, Lindsey Pelas, and Alexandra Dadadario in it).  

Maybe the Rupert Sanders affair scandal scared people off or that it’s the “Twilight Curse” because people can’t take most of the Twilight cast seriously anymore.

I mean Robert Pattinson tried to do serious films but Cosmopolis wasn’t a hit. The Batman may be a redeemer for him, but it could also underperform too. Taylor Lautner tried to do action films, Abduction flopped and is now a shitty Adam Sandler film junkie. Ashlee Greene did The Apparition it bombed drastically, she’s got looks as a model and is attractive but acting wise now she’s doing Hallmark Channel films. 

So now I think about it maybe it is the “Twilight” curse. 

Edited by Maxmoser3
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I wonder why Just Mercy is being completely ignored by awards season? 

Seems like it was intended specifically for that. 

Lots of movie took its place. I can bet if it was last year this movie would have been top contender. 

Just think if Irishman is not winning any major award, Just Mercy is nothing. 

Lots of very good movie this year. 

10 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

At 27 final dom will just make it to 4x multi. Bad for a Christmas release. Richard Jewell will make it to 5x+. Father Figures, Downsizing also crossed that milestone after underwhelming ows.

edit: It may not get to 4x and that would make it a rare Christmas release. Only other films I can think of that did under 4x in Dec were movies that made a ton more money - I am Legend 3.32x, Hobbit1 3.58x, Hobbit2 3.5x, TFA 3.78x, RO 3.43x, TLJ 2.82x, TROS ~2.85x, Sherlock Holmes, etc.

Edited by a2k

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

She's barely in the movie. It's MBJ/Foxx show. It's not a bad career move by any means but she's a glorified cameo basically. 

Atleast her role will be larger than certain movie that came this year. It was really disappointing. 

PS: No fan war. 

Edited by Madhuvan

Cats heading for an 85% drop, lost 2,100 theatres. Damn. Will finish with $26.5m total. 

Sucks, I love this film. Went to see it again on Thursday. Ah well, bring on the home release lol. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

I still think Jamie Foxx will make into Oscar nominations. 

He won't. Lost a lot of buzz early on. I'd say Supporting Actor is pretty much locked with Brad Pitt, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Tom Hanks, and Song Kang-ho. If Song Kang-ho was gonna be replaced, I'd put Anthony Hopkins after Song Kang-Ho and then Jamie Foxx behind Hopkins.