filmlover

92nd Academy Awards Nominations - The Official Thread | Joker leads the pack with 11 noms

Just now, Ithil said:

Yes and they also have people in them and physical movement.

I don’t understand what exactly you’re taking issue with. I wasn’t even exclusively referring to story related similarities. I was also referring to the perceived quality of these two films. A lot of people were annoyed when GB won Best Picture, and I’d imagine that a lot of people would be annoyed if JR wins it. 

Nothing here is as egregiously bad as Bohemian Rhapsody's noms last year (which was made worse by it's wins).

But I can see something like Joker (Which is a pretty good film) taking over in a similar way, it managed to get into editing/screenplay which were the weaker aspects of the film, so there's recognition from a few different segments of the academy. 

• ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, The Panda said:

(unless you weren’t ranking by personal preference)

I meant in terms of likely to win. Personal ranking would be this:

1. Parasite 10/10

2. The Irishman 9/10

3. Marriage Story 9/10

4. OUATIH 8/10

5. 1917 6/10

6. Joker 6/10

7. Ford v Ferrari 5/10

8. Jojo Rabbit 4/10

Haven't seen Little Women but it will likely beat Parasite for my favourite nominee or it will be my 2nd fav.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You at least take solace in the fact that Judy got two nominations (and is almost certain to win one of them), right? :cloud9:

That and Johansson has to sit there and hear someone else’s name called twice. That will make me very happy.

1. Joker 10/10

2. Parasite 9/10

3.Irishman 8.5/10 

4. Ford v Ferrari 7.5/10

5. Jojo rabbit 7/10

6. Marriage story 6/10 

7. Once upon 5/10

The real sadness here to me is seeing the farewell (8.5/10), hustlers (8/10) and portrait of lady on fire (9/ 10) got completely ignored 

• Thanks 4