Eric Duncan

MLK Weekend Thread: Bad Boys 62.5/73.03 (2nd biggest January debut) | Dolittle 21.84/28.3 | 1917 21.98/26.9

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Literally almost no movie ever reaches the 99% threshold

I mean, literally 1% of them 😛   

And I didn’t “lump it as good” I called it “great+.” I wish people would read the nuance in what I’m saying more than it seems like they have been from the responses.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

40 minutes ago, aladdino said:

i dont need an in depth comment on a list that includes a paranormal activity film 

Just out of curiosity, do you like horror movies?  If so, what is it about Paranormal  that you didn't like?

Guys....ty for coming to my defence but it's not necessary.  The list is out there and its public.  If he doesn't like the list, he's entitled to his opinion.  :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Dolittle said:

Wait....there was another Big Momma's House movie in 2011?

I saw that one in theaters as a kid, and currently own the movie on DVD.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

12 hours ago, baumer said:

Sorry to highjack this thread with my own agenda, but as some of you know I am a massive horror fan.  I also write for a website called Top10films.  I worked a long time on doing the top ten horror films of the decade. I'd love it if some of you read it.  My opinions are usually much different than most people when it comes to horror.  No Hereditary or Conjuring etc on my top ten.  

https://www.top10films.co.uk/57174-top-10-horror-films-of-the-2010s/#comment-2044217

Not really a fan of modern horror but glad you gave It Follows a shout out, that film was so great. I’d probably only have A Quiet Place, Train to Busan and Get Out (if you can count that as horror) from this decade to make a top 4. 

I’m much more of a fan on Horror that builds up tension over time like Jaws, 28 Days Later or even Jurassic Park rather than the modern horror films like paranormal activity that I feel to heavily rely on jump scares. In that sense I think I need to watch your top recommendation as the premise of privacy has always been interesting and I’d be intrigued to see how it done in a horror film. Thanks for the read. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, baumer said:

Sorry to highjack this thread with my own agenda, but as some of you know I am a massive horror fan.  I also write for a website called Top10films.  I worked a long time on doing the top ten horror films of the decade. I'd love it if some of you read it.  My opinions are usually much different than most people when it comes to horror.  No Hereditary or Conjuring etc on my top ten.  

https://www.top10films.co.uk/57174-top-10-horror-films-of-the-2010s/#comment-2044217

Great list Baumer! 

I love Happy Death Day, Upgrade, IT 1&2, Paranormal Activity 2 (prefer 1 & 3) Jane Doe and Midsommar too. 

I thought Assassination Nation was a bit of a mess but enjoyable, glad you adored it. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JustWatching said:

I’m waiting for 1929, the epic 90 minute one shot take of a Wall Street traders quest to leap from a window.

:rofl:

Can be a Caldeon Hockley Titanic spin-off.

• Haha 5