Jump to content
Eric the Hedgehog

MLK Weekend Thread: Bad Boys 62.5/73.03 (2nd biggest January debut) | Dolittle 21.84/28.3 | 1917 21.98/26.9

Recommended Posts

The 8 year gap between the first two movies is notable in of itself. Obviously they wanted to cash in on Smith's superstardom.

 

 

Edited by Hatebox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we have the Theater Count list? I want to see which movies lost theaters and which will expand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So assuming Bad Boys opens close to John Wick's first 4 days, would we say 150M is in the cards? 

 

How are international prospects? Smith is a bigger international star than he was in 2003 (which had close to a 50/50 dom/os split) but he isn't immune (ex: Gemini Man). Plus it's not a very "international" movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second one and the first film time gap. the sequel had insane marketing! it was even advertised on the Super Bowl 37 game! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So assuming Bad Boys opens close to John Wick's first 4 days, would we say 150M is in the cards? 

 

How are international prospects? Smith is a bigger international star than he was in 2003 (which had close to a 50/50 dom/os split) but he isn't immune (ex: Gemini Man). Plus it's not a very "international" movie. 

I think it does around 100-120m overseas so similar to Gemini man numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So assuming Bad Boys opens close to John Wick's first 4 days, would we say 150M is in the cards? 

 

How are international prospects? Smith is a bigger international star than he was in 2003 (which had close to a 50/50 dom/os split) but he isn't immune (ex: Gemini Man). Plus it's not a very "international" movie. 

I think it'll do well in the English speaking markets but elsewhere not so sure. Bad Boys II only did $273m WW which on a $130m budget wasn't great back. Sony would be happy with $250m WW given the lower budget

Edited by Jonwo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Do we have the Theater Count list? I want to see which movies lost theaters and which will expand.

The Grudge will probably lose a lot of screens this weekend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Do we have the Theater Count list? I want to see which movies lost theaters and which will expand.

Movie Distributor Theaters Previous
Theaters
Change
Dolittle Universal 4,155   new
Bad Boys For Life Sony Pictures 3,775   new
1917 Universal Pictures 3,612 3,434 +178
Jumanji: The Next Level Sony Pictures 3,323 3,904 -581
Like a Boss Paramount Pictures 3,081 3,078 +3
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Walt Disney 3,058 4,279 -1,221
Underwater 20th Century Fox 2,791 2,791  
Little Women Sony Pictures 2,503 3,216 -713
Just Mercy Warner Bros 2,457 2,375 +82
Frozen II Walt Disney 2,080 2,655 -575
Spies in Disguise 20th Century Fox 1,761 2,671 -910
Knives Out Lionsgate 1,667 2,060 -393
Ford vs Ferrari Walt Disney 1,080 567 +513
Jojo Rabbit Walt Disney 1,005 125 +880
The Grudge Sony Pictures 977 2,642 -1,665
Uncut Gems A24 930 2,081 -1,151
Joker Warner Bros 854 85 +769
Parasite Neon 843 345 +498
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Sony Pictures 705 54 +651
Bombshell Lionsgate 410 1,289 -879
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood Sony Pictures 365 519 -154
Richard Jewell Warner Bros 163 376 -213
Cats Universal 145 818 -673
Queen and Slim Universal 118 442 -324
Midway Lionsgate 113 178 -65
Maleficient: Mistress of Evil Walt Disney 105 128 -23
Chhapaak FIP 100 100  
Harriet Focus Features 94 122 -28
A Hidden Life Walt Disney 55 119 -64
21 Bridges STX Entertainment 51 141 -90
Judy Roadside Attractions 35 30 +5
Waves A24 8 5 +3
The Lighthouse A24 5 8 -3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! Interesting that LW is losing more than Jumanji. it's an Oscar contender. WTF,no?

Edited by Valonqar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avatree said:

hardly tragic for Dolittle, if it opens to 28M then that's an overperformance.

....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that anyone would see Dolittle is an overperformance. RDJ looks totally resignated that this will bomb on the streetcar ad that I saw earlier.

Edited by Valonqar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Thanks! Interesting that LW is losing more than Jumanji. it's an Oscar contender. WTF,no?

Have to make way for Sony's own BB and expansion of OUATIH.

 

I didn't expect OUATIH is still in the theater after 25 weeks , and still managed to convince Sony to reexpand them  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avatree said:

hardly tragic for Dolittle, if it opens to 28M then that's an overperformance.

28m for a film with a 175 Million plus budget ...which means a break even point of 350 Million...is tragic .

Once again, to talk about how a film is doing at the box office without taking the film's cost into account is ridiculous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Have to make way for Sony's own BB and expansion of OUATIH.

 

I didn't expect OUATIH is still in the theater after 25 weeks , and still managed to convince Sony to reexpand them  

me neither! I didn't notice it when I went through the list but now that you mentioned it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

How much did RDJ get for this?

one-billion-dollars-dr-evil.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

28m for a film with a 175 Million plus budget ...which means a break even point of 350 Million...is tragic .

Once again, to talk about how a film is doing at the box office without taking the film's cost into account is ridiculous.

About as ridiculous as hoping you would talk about anything worthwhile regarding films on your shit list..... 🤷‍♂️ you are like a parrot on repeat in nearly every thread, can only imagine what your posting will be like the weekend that Mutants opens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

How much did RDJ get for this?

20 Million up front money.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, narniadis said:

About as ridiculous as hoping you would talk about anything worthwhile regarding films on your shit list..... 🤷‍♂️ you are like a parrot on repeat in nearly every thread, can only imagine what your posting will be like the weekend that Mutants opens. 

I have a nasty habit of seeing reality rather then through a set of fanboy lenses.

And I was not the only one predicting Doolittle would bomb very badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

How much did RDJ get for this?

We need to give RDJ's agent an oscar , to reward his or her ability to somehow convinced RDJ this is worthy follow-up project to EG  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.