filmlover

Amsterdam | David O. Russell | October 7, 2022 | Christian Bale to star | 20th Century Studios

I’ve discussed this project at length on my podcast, The Sneider Cut. Russell was originally considering Oscar winners Jennifer Lawrence and Jamie Foxx for the roles that ended up going to Robbie and Jordan, and though Russell had earmarked a supporting role for Angelina Jolie, it doesn’t look as though that’s going to pan out.

As for other names I’ve heard Russell is courting, I’m told he has his eye on another pair of Michaels — Michael Shannon and Mike Myers — and there’s also a role for his old pal Robert De Niro, who co-starred in Silver Linings Playbook, American Hustle and Joy.

https://collider.com/michael-b-jordan-christian-bale-margot-robbie-david-o-russell-cast/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

• Sad 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 8:59 PM, filmlover said:

I doubt it, 20th Century already has West Side Story and The Last Duel set for the end of the year unless the latter gets bumped to 2021 (filming apparently hasn't started yet).

And Fox has announced they hope to get Del Toro's version of "NIghtmare Alley" in theaters by the end of 2020. Something is going to have to move on Fox's December schedule.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:15 PM, lorddemaxus said:

Why does anyone even want to work with O. Russell tho? I get that it's an easy way to get an Oscar nomination for an acting category but he's such a piece of shit. I'm surprised he still has such a big career considering that he's literally sexually assaulted his niece and has abused many actors on set.

If there's not a public scandal and people are not canceling him online, Hollywood stars would work even with Satan himself. H.Weinst.'s crimes were known in Hollywood for years.

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Why is Hollywood trying to make this guy happen?

Everyone would be complaining say 5-6 years ago, but now no one will say anything because of the current climate we live in and he was launched by Nolan. Double standards.

This is a joke right? He had the lead role in a Best Picture nominee two years ago (in addition to being the son of one of the biggest and most beloved stars on the planet). But it was an attempt.

17 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Why is Hollywood trying to make this guy happen?

Everyone would be complaining say 5-6 years ago, but now no one will say anything because of the current climate we live in and he was launched by Nolan. Double standards.

no one is sick of him yet, he was alright in Blackkklansman , but outshined by Driver. No one has even seen Tenet. If he was in a lot of high profile projects people would definitely complain.

This has to be a lock for the SAG Ensemble award based on the wild amount of talent alone. Guess there's also the new Adam McKay movie although most of the big names in it are likely little more than cameos.

Edited by filmlover