filmlover

Amsterdam | David O. Russell | October 7, 2022 | Christian Bale to star | 20th Century Studios

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nah, the idea that she will "win" from this is pretty funny. Idk what you're expecting to happen. 

Oh no , I wasn't talking about this movie. She only shot for 2 days so just a cameo. I was thinking more in the future. This movie seems another cats size bomb to me.

48 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Oh no , I wasn't talking about this movie. She only shot for 2 days so just a cameo. I was thinking more in the future. This movie seems another cats size bomb to me.

I doubt this will be that expensive and Cats was not just bad but very weird. And Taylor came off better than most from Cats. There's always failed Oscar bait every year, most of it is just "meh" vs. being truly laughable and the stars aren't hurt by it that much. 

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It seems like the Swift announcement only introduced a lot more people to O. Russell's shittiness. I think his name was even trending yesterday. 

I was looking at multiple subreddits yesterday where people were discovering the dirt on him for the first time. The talk will only get louder as the movie comes out, the stars will be left to promote this as the studio hides Russell as much as possible.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

It seems like the Swift announcement only introduced a lot more people to O. Russell's shittiness. I think his name was even trending yesterday. 

Yeah. Haven't seen swifties supporting this movie and that's a good thing. 

Press is gonna be very awkward. 

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Like 1

This is apparently a disaster. Sad. Probably Fox's last prestige adult drama

Another Letterboxd reaction:

Just saw the film, I had to sign an NDA so I can’t say much. I get it, it’s a work in progress… But oh man, they need to fix the beginning. Really went in wanting to like this. Just… ugh, so frustrating because the ending was really good.

I’m looking forward to seeing the final version, I really hope they make it airtight. Christian Bale deserves better. His character deserves more focus and depth.

13 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This is apparently a disaster. Sad. Probably Fox's last prestige adult drama

Another Letterboxd reaction:

Just saw the film, I had to sign an NDA so I can’t say much. I get it, it’s a work in progress… But oh man, they need to fix the beginning. Really went in wanting to like this. Just… ugh, so frustrating because the ending was really good.

I’m looking forward to seeing the final version, I really hope they make it airtight. Christian Bale deserves better. His character deserves more focus and depth.

That's still a 3/5 star review, and if theyre having test screenings then im sure theyre still willing to work on it

Where are you seeing the "disaster" reactions?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

That's still a 3/5 star review, and if theyre having test screenings then im sure theyre still willing to work on it

Where are you seeing the "disaster" reactions?

Yeah there's another one from that night that's a 4.5 star, and he tagged it as "signed nda" so I don't think he's lying