YM!

2021 Box office Discussion

The early 2020 schedule becomes the late 2020 schedule. The late 2020 schedule becomes the early 2021 schedule, etc. A few juggernauts will stay where they are, but for the most part I think this whole thing is just gonna push Hollywood back 4-5 months in terms of release schedule. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The early 2020 schedule becomes the late 2020 schedule. The late 2020 schedule becomes the early 2021 schedule, etc. A few juggernauts will stay where they are, but for the most part I think this whole thing is just gonna push Hollywood back 4-5 months in terms of release schedule. 

Some 2021 films will be pushed back to 2022,no doubt about that now.

Just now, dudalb said:

Some 2021 films will be pushed back to 2022,no doubt about that now.

that's what the etc. was for. My whole point is that the release schedule is getting pushed back a few months as a whole. No use in going so far

"and late 2024 will go to early 2025" ya know, so I thought I just end it where I did and add etc. to indicate that I imagine things getting pushed will continue. But yes, we do agree. 

I know this is the 2021 thread, but there are currently 3 MCU movies scheduled for 2022.

-Thor Love and Thunder

-Black Panther 2

-Captain Marvel 2

That is a LOADED schedule for 2022. None of them are called Avengers, but all three of them have the potential to be huge. (Whatever "huge" may be going forward for the movie business.)

Add in Indiana Jones 5 and a new Star Wars movie at Christmas and it's looking like another massive year for Disney.

And there will possibly be a 4th MCU movie showing up later in the year in October or November. (October would be a good fit for Blade.)

30 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

What's are expectation for 2020? Worst box office in 40 years?

Any comparison of 2020 with any years in 70s or 80s

is meaningless.

The only possible comparison is with 1918 or 1919...  which is still meaningless  :)

7 hours ago, cdsacken said:

What's are expectation for 2020? Worst box office in 40 years?

I think its comparable to the box office of 1887. Also a somewhat slow year with 0 $ revenue.

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 1:32 AM, IronJimbo said:

I think the most important question is will the 2nd highest grossing film of 2021 be able to make 0.25A2?

Avatar 2 won’t do more than $2B if it stays in 2021.

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Well with Avatar 2 gone Jurassic World: Dominion becomes front runner for highest grossing film of 2021. Though with the constant schedule changes we're gonna see plenty of 2021 films move.

Even with them starting up production again, I doubt Jurassic's coming to 2021. Bond will get its current date