Jamiem

Birds of Prey 113.4m OS 195.8m WW

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

BW is going to be a big hit in SK and Asia, though, because they are used to Marvel style. BoP is closer to Kick-Ass in style which is new for DC. They aren't as formula driven as Marvel and that helps some movies (Joker, Aquaman) but hurts other. People say they want novelty but deep down they want to know what to expect.

Aquaman is the marvelest DC movie. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

BW is going to be a big hit in SK and Asia, though, because they are used to Marvel style. BoP is closer to Kick-Ass in style which is new for DC. They aren't as formula driven as Marvel and that helps some movies (Joker, Aquaman) but hurts other. People say they want novelty but deep down they want to know what to expect.

Also BW is connected to Marvel Universe, if BW was an isolated film it wouldn’t do even 1/3 of what it can do with connections with other MCU films/universe (same with Cap Marvel), BOP is isolated, R rated, with a strong presence of lgbt characters (and this is clear in the film). with a (likely) stronger approach on feminism (BW  probably will look like Captain America movies,  the only major difference will be their gender). they are not really comparable.

Edited by Marcos12
  • Knock It Off 1

there's no big interest from the beginning tho.

I don't think this title was great choice, it should've been like "harley quinn and bird of prey", or bop don't even needed at all. because harley quinn is the one selling the movie, but they decide to put unknown name as main title.

also you have all those toned down uninteresting characters and image, story.

the feminism wasn't sold either. that's another marketing fail too,

btw, there's no strong lgbt presence in the movie, most people won't even notice it. imo it's as much as jojo rabit.(or less) lol

Edited by imbruglia
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Marcos12 said:

Also BW is connected to Marvel Universe, if BW was an isolated film it wouldn’t do even 1/3 of what it can do with connections with other MCU films/universe (same with Cap Marvel), BOP is isolated, R rated, with a strong presence of lgbt characters (and this is clear in the film). with a (likely) stronger approach on feminism (BW  probably will look like Captain America movies,  the only major difference will be their gender). they are not really comparable.

Just now, imbruglia said:

there's no big interest from the beginning tho.

I don't think this title was great choice, it should've been like "harley quinn and bird of prey", or bop don't even needed at all. because harley quinn is the one selling the movie, but they decide to put unknown name as main title.

also you have all those toned down uninteresting characters and image, story.

the feminism wasn't sold either. that's another marketing fail too,

btw, there's no strong lgbt presence in the movie, most people won't even notice it. imo it's as much as jojo rabit. lol

Perfect story. Eternals is going to have lgbt representation and diverse cast and it will do huge overseas. 

BOP is not isolated movie, it is part of DC. 

DC is big brand + Harley Quinn is very popular. 

Excuses. 

• Astonished 1

25 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Perfect story. Eternals is going to have lgbt representation and diverse cast and it will do huge overseas. 

Excuses. 

Yes, cause as we’ve all mentioned already it’s because it’s attached to the mcu and the mcu is much bigger worldwide then dc lol. This is also R rated and Eternals won’t be, not that it matters that much as we’ve seen with joker but it still matters as a movie like this won’t ever get a release in China. 

Also, if Harley was as popular as you say, and even I thought ( I thought her popularity from SS would help this) then presales would of been better all around. So I admit I was wrong about her popularity level as well. Obviously interest in this movie is just low, and it’s going to have to depend on wom everywhere in order to get a decent run. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Excuses. 

BOP is isolated at DC movies universe (Almost all DC films are right now) the only connection he has with any DC movie is that Harley is a member of the suicide squad (which has had a soft reboot), Harley will probably never appear in the next Batman movie (or be part of  Matt Reeves Batverse), BOP has no connection with WW84, or Aquaman, or Shazam ... the only movie that probably will have strong connection with another film in the DC universe (righ now) is Shazam/Black Adam, Aquaman will probably be isolated, Wonder Woman will  be isolated, (I think these 2  will not meet again), same thing with Matt Reeves Batverse that should be isolated.

BW is clearly connected with all Avengerse, ... and let's see if Eternals will really make it clear that one of their main characters is Lgbt, or will be like Frozen 2 situation...

Edited by Marcos12

Paris, France (2 pm - first showings in tickets) :

Spider-Man 3 : 27 995 (record absolu)
Avengers – Endgame : 18 021
Spider-Man 2 : 16 141
Avengers – Infinity War : 10 667
Spider-Man : 10 645
The Dark Knight Rises : 7 771
Spider-Man – Far From Home : 7 625
X-Men 2 : 7 621
Captain America – Civil War : 6 950
Avengers – L’Ère d’Ultron : 6 586
Joker – 6 083
Avengers : 5 922
Iron Man 2 : 5 715
Batman v Superman – L’aube de la justice : 5 602
Captain Marvel : 5 380
X-Men – L’affrontement final : 5 367
The Dark Knight : 4 877
Man of Steel : 4 850
Hulk : 4 719
Suicide Squad : 4 704
Iron Man 3 : 4 634
Iron Man : 4 331
Thor – Le Monde des Ténèbres : 4 310
Spider-Man – Homecoming : 4 224
Superman Returns : 4 157
Deadpool : 4 054
The Amazing Spider-Man : 3 942
X-Men – Days of Future Past : 3 860
X-Men : 3 712
Doctor Strange : 3 662
Batman Begins : 3 631
Deadpool 2 : 3 558
X-Men Origins – Wolverine : 3 433
Justice League : 3 327
Les 4 Fantastiques (2005) : 3 242
Black Panther : 3 236
X-Men – Le Commencement : 3 126
Thor : 2 979
Wolverine – Le Combat de l’immortel : 2 955
Daredevil : 2 907
Thor – Ragnarok : 2 895
Wonder Woman : 2 883
X-Men – Apocalypse : 2 874
Constantine : 2 866
Logan : 2 846
The Amazing Spider-Man – Le destin d’un héros : 2 843
Les Gardiens de la Galaxie Vol. 2 : 2 819
Les Gardiens de la Galaxie : 2 819
Captain America – Le Soldat de l’Hiver : 2 610
Les 4 Fantastiques et le Surfeur d’Argent : 2 582
Ant-Man et la Guêpe : 2 493
Blade II : 2 312
X-Men – Dark Phoenix : 2 302
Les 4 Fantastiques (2015) : 2 157
Venom : 2 126
Watchmen – Les Gardiens : 2 107
Aquaman : 1 942
Captain America – First Avenger : 1 826
L’Incroyable Hulk : 1 824
Batman LEGO – Le film : 1 809
Blade – Trinity : 1 585
Ghost Rider : 1 497
Catwoman : 1 473
Shazam : 1 468
Elektra : 1 284
Green Lantern : 1 247

BIRDS OF PREY : 1 174

Les Nouveaux Héros : 1 137
Spider-Man – New Generation : 1 109
Ghost Rider – L’esprit de vengeance : 627
The Punisher (2004) : 592
[Ant-Man : chiffre inconnu]

http://lestoilesheroiques.fr/2020/02/birds-of-prey-box-office.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 3
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

Lol, my last post was from before I saw the mod warning, came here to delete it but I guess it’s been taken care of already.   

Anyway, on topic, 20% below Shazam in the Paris early numbers isn’t encouraging, but you can also see that the Paris early:final run correlation isn’t that strong for DCEU. Hopefully full OD makes some ground up.

• Thanks 1

This movie could have benefited from more spread out release as well. Going for day and date globally is terrible considering this lacked huge marketing push. But let us hope for good legs. We only got limited OS data so far. 

if i have to guess at this point its looking at sub shazam OS which wont be good. But let us wait and see how UK/Aus/Latin America goes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

This is dead on arrival territory 

No, Rotten Tomatoes will save it worldwide. People all over the world are refreshing the Rotten Tomatoes site to see if the % goes up or down:sparta:

Edited by YSLDC
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

I wouldn’t call a movie that’s looking to open north of $100M WW DOA. But as I mentioned in its main thread, this movie’s BO will depend on WOM now since WB didn’t do a good job of marketing it. Seems like presales all over, not just in the USA, are below that of Shazam! which imo is inexcusable with a film starring Harley Quinn.