Jamiem

Birds of Prey 113.4m OS 195.8m WW

With sales starting in some international markets decided it was time to make this thread, hopefully there isn’t already one existing that I’ve missed. How does everyone thinks this will do OS and WW? 

Edited by Jamiem

Sales are very slow here in NZ so far for opening day, but hopefully it picks up and sells some a bunch more tickets in the next couple of weeks. 

Birds of Prey (opening day - 6/2/20) Albany Event Cinemas, New Zealand. 

11:00am VMAX 5/185

1:30pm VMAX 4/185

4:05pm VMAX 4/185

6:25pm GC 4/40

6:40pm VMAX 6/185

9:00pm GC 2/40

9:15pm VMAX 4/185

Total: 29/1005 (2.89%) 

• Like 1

I really have no idea, around $300m OS sounds right. Although people for the most part seemed to like Margot’s Harley in Suicide Squad from what I can remember, or maybe people have soured too much from Suicide Squad and don’t want another film that is similar to it.

With the way DC movies have there ups and downs neither a breakout nor a disappointment would truly surprise me, with that being said I’d prefer the film to perform well as I think this year is already going to be rough enough compared to previous years for the Worldwide box office. 

Any words from the South American markets? The trailer views on WB Latam not only outdoes the Main US channel but even the Wonder Woman 1984 one. With the premiere in Mexico City this week  I wonder how the overall hype is there. They did have a major CCXP presences bit considering Brazil is Portuguese speaking country i can’t see it really impact other countries which are mostly Spanish speaking of I’m not mistaken.

Birds of Prey (opening day - 6/2/20) Albany Event Cinemas, New Zealand. 10 days before release 

4:05pm VMAX 4/185

6:25pm GC 6/40

6:40pm VMAX 6/185

Total: 31/1005 (3.08%) 

No point doing comps as the only 10 day comps I have are Frozen II and TROS both of which sold a bunch more than BOP has at this point. 3 day comp to Joker should be good in about a weeks time. 

Edited by Jamiem

Birds of Prey (opening day - 6/2/20) Albany Event Cinemas, New Zealand. One week before release 

4:05pm VMAX 6/185

6:25pm GC 6/40

6:40pm VMAX 10/185

Total: 37/1005 (3.68%) 

Still no point in doing comps waiting for the 3 day comp with Joker and a couple of other films. 

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

175mn or lower 

Damn that’s low, I know it’s not selling very good in NZ and I assume much of the rest of the world in presales so far but way less than half Suicide Squad seems like a terrible outcome for the film, I’m just holding it does decent so we get more female centric comic book movies.