Eric Atreides

SAG 2020 Awards Discussion Thread

SAG-Awards-trophy-atmospher.png?w=620

The Screen Actors Guild Awards will broadcast tonight on TNT and TBS. Celebrate the great film and television accomplishments this year and see what will win SAG Ensemble and look at how it'll impact the Oscars later this February.

As always, remember to stay safe, be nice, and have fun!

Best part about these awards is that the show is just two hours long. Also after having a host the past two years they're back to being hostless again. Guess the decision, even if it was done more out of necessity, to not have a host at last year's Oscars (which is happening again this year) has led to the realization that you trim a lot of fat not having one.

48 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

I hope Lupita N'Yongo wins the SAG award just to reiterate how badly the Academy snubbed her.

i think they are a bit less biased against genre films, last year they awarded Emily Blunt best supporting for A Quiet Place. and I hope we see more upsets tonight.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

i think they are a bit less biased against genre films, last year they awarded Emily Blunt best supporting for A Quiet Place. and I hope we see more upsets tonight.

tbh Blunt won more because they made the goofy mistake of not nominating Regina King and no one else in that category had any traction so they basically gave her the award for a performance that wasn't nominated as a way of saying "congrats" to King (had she been nominated they would've given it to her to keep the momentum going).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

tbh Blunt won more because they made the goofy mistake of not nominating Regina King and no one else in that category had any traction so they basically gave her the award for a performance that wasn't nominated as a way of saying "congrats" to King (had she been nominated they would've given it to her to keep the momentum going).

So you're saying people vote "to keep the momentum going" as opposed to who they think had the best performance?

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

rip those who predicted a jlo upset 

I'm actually sorta surprised she didn't snub this show after the Oscars snubbed her.

This category was probably really close between Williams and Arquette but Williams deserved this. A career best performance imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Didn't care for the pilot of The Morning Show but maybe I'll give it another shot.

For what it's worth, I've watched the whole thing, and I felt the show did get better through the course of the season, with the last three episodes being the strongest and putting the rest of the season into focus.

Peace,

Mike