Eric Atreides

SAG 2020 Awards Discussion Thread

Parasite has now won ACE and SAG - if Bong Joon-ho pulls out a DGA win, I think it becomes the frontrunner for the Best Picture Oscar. Of course, it would be the first foreign language film to win, and maybe the Academy will instead keep it relegated to the International Feature Film category, but it did also become the first foreign language film to win Ensemble. Man, I'd really love to see it win!

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

I was hoping we would see a Schitt's Creek win for Comedy Ensemble, or a win for Catherine O'Hara, but maybe it will win next year for its final season. I'm glad Eugene and Dan Levy got to open and close the awards. :) 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

Game of Thrones, Joker, Parasite: great night.

7 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Parasite has now won ACE and SAG - if Bong Joon-ho pulls out a DGA win, I think it becomes the frontrunner for the Best Picture Oscar. Of course, it would be the first foreign language film to win, and maybe the Academy will instead keep it relegated to the International Feature Film category, but it did also become the first foreign language film to win Ensemble. Man, I'd really love to see it win!

It was also the first foreign language movie for the ACE award. Let's hope for the best (movie to win, Parasite).

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And with that all four acting categories are locked up now.

Renee really was tremendous in the movie so she deserves this.

I feel like Best Actor and Best Actress were easy picks this year. I had these two pegged for the Oscar around when Judy came out.