Eric Atreides

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 hour ago, Legion By Night said:

LMAOOOOOOO :hahaha:

Look you can laugh as 1st did $1.1B at box office in special circumstances but my prediction is solely based on social media sentiment, outside of social media how many people really like Captain Marvel & emotionally attached with the character, I really don't know. So yes sequel can do much better & I could be totally wrong.

Edited by Factcheck
  • Like 1

Fwiw I thought you meant domestic. If will still easily clear 50% of CM1 WW, but the ratio will be much worse than domestic thanks to losing markets (China, likely Russia, possibly Middle East) and likely awful ERs.  

CM1:

DOM 427M

OS 701M

OS-C-R 527M

here I think a fair medium target would be 350 DOM (-18% nominal, -36% admits) 350 OS (-50% headline, -33% same markets). 700 is just such a bummer low num though, so I will hope for great marketing and reception for 450+500 or so 😛 

Edited by Legion By Night

10 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

almost all of the hate is manufactured outrage from shitty grifter youtubers. It will have zero effect on the box office

Reception on it was generally meh. It majorly benefited from being the first  female led MCU movie and being close to EG which really boosted it's legs.

B4 anyone brings up it's A CS. 

IM3 and AOU got As and we all they are not exactly liked and both had poor legs.

350-375m dom

400-450m. OS

I mean "lucky to do half" won't happen, but I think sub-300 could still happen here, because this has little going for it IMO. The first movie was coming out right at the MCU's peak, and while people like Carol, it's not really the same level as other characters. And the inclusion of characters from their TV shows won't really mean much, because Monica was barely used in WandaVision and even Marvel fans skipped Ms. Marvel. Even if you don't think these shows aren't impacting people's interest in the movies, they certainly are not helping either. I also have my doubts quality-wise, since everything reads to me as another "we're giving our directors freedom, but not too much freedom, so it'll be another half-baked mess". Would love to be wron though!

I think this will obviously drop, but for many reasons.

The first was boosted by being the lead up to Endgame.

Phase 4? has not been well received in general, I'd say partially to a burnout (NWH obviously had the exception) and partially because Marvel has to essentially rebuild a new MCU.

10 minutes ago, Eric the Crocodile said:

Apparently they aren’t moving this to Blade’s old date, because…

November is not a good release date for a MCU movie which may face boycott from a section of MCU fans, movie will rely on support from GA more than hardcore fans.

2 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Yup just like Ms. Marvel

Marvel fans did a deliberate boycott against Ms. Marvel? Or is this some of the stupid Quartering grifter bull crap about “grrr feminism bad”. I hope you have legit evidence of this supposed boycott being planned against Ms. Marvel/The Marvels from the MCU Fandom. Otherwise, it seems like you’re lying or trying to start a flame war. And I really dislike people who start flame wars

8 minutes ago, Eric the Crocodile said:

Marvel fans did a deliberate boycott against Ms. Marvel? Or is this some of the stupid Quartering grifter bull crap about “grrr feminism bad”. I hope you have legit evidence of this supposed boycott being planned against Ms. Marvel/The Marvels from the MCU Fandom. Otherwise, it seems like you’re lying or trying to start a flame war. And I really dislike people who start flame wars

This is just my view, you can also have opinion on any show that why people didn't watch it. I won't dislike you for that.

Edit: And I belong to the group "Sexism bad". You just don't know me yet.

Edited by Factcheck