Eric Atreides

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

On 2/25/2020 at 6:59 AM, Madhuvan said:

The weirdest thing is we will not see Captain Marvel and Black Panther till 2022.

Did it ever happen before? BP and CM are said to be the main characters of MCU and we will have to wait for such a long time. 

I hope they have a cameo in upcoming movies. 

It’s a 4 year sequel gap for BO and just 3 for CM. Both very normal.    

And both were seen in between first and 2nd solo in Avengers movies, as is the norm.

I wouldn't say it didn't take off. She directed a movie (Unicorn Store) and  landed a franchise (MCU) which actually takes a lot of her schedule. So directing + franchise is a big deal. Plus, she's a loyal friend. She landed her name to Destin Creton's Just Mercy in a small part for which most actresses of her stature wouldn't bother to get out of their beds for. I really appreciate that she is down to earth like that and values freindship over size of the role. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

With Fantastic Beasts on hold I'd be willing to bet Flash won't make that date. One of the big reasons Flash hasn't happened is because of Ezra Miller's obligations to shoot that first.

Exactly why I don’t want it to happen, Ezra is a pain in the ass from the looks of it 

• ...wtf 1

On 4/3/2020 at 3:27 PM, Madhuvan said:

🎉🎉🎉

So excited. Finally official confirmation on Captain Marvel 2.

This movie is going to win Summer. (2nd only to Black Panther 2)

Actually I disagree. I think CM2 will make more than BP2 because it's gonna increase OS and won't decrease dom. BP2 is gonna decrease dom and OS. China didn't like the first so that's a locked and loaded drop and since the character and Wakanda did nothing memorable in IW and especially EG there's no boost unlike CM who made an impression in EG. CM clobbered BP OS and OS is where fandom expands. I don't think CM2 will drop under mid 400M. Worst case scenario is minor dom increase a la Frozen 2 but OS will go up to 800M at least. OTOH, I don't see BP2 repeating 700M dom and OS will go down as I explained. 

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Actually I disagree. I think CM2 will make more than BP2 because it's gonna increase OS and won't decrease dom. BP2 is gonna decrease dom and OS. China didn't like the first so that's a locked and loaded drop and since the character and Wakanda did nothing memorable in IW and especially EG there's no boost unlike CM who made an impression in EG. CM clobbered BP OS and OS is where fandom expands. I don't think CM2 will drop under mid 400M. Worst case scenario is minor dom increase a la Frozen 2 but OS will go up to 800M at least. OTOH, I don't see BP2 repeating 700M dom and OS will go down as I explained. 

We don't live back in 2013. I'd say the fandom has already become quite big OS. I really don't see CM 2 cross 600 mil OS-C (which it likely needs to cross 800 mil OS assuming that China gross also increases to 200 mil) unless Black Panther and Spider-man 3 do it too. The first CM already had an Endgame boost too.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

We don't live back in 2013. I'd say the fandom has already become quite big OS. I really don't see CM 2 cross 600 mil OS-C (which it likely needs to cross 800 mil OS) unless Black Panther and Spider-man 3 do it too. The first CM already had an Endgame boost too.

either way, BP2's gonna drop and CM2 won't. it may not get super bump but it won't drop.

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

either way, BP's gonna drop and CM won't. 

CM 2 doesn't have to drop for BP 2 to make more than CM 2. I'm expecting both films to drop DOM though. CM 2 won't have the amazing late legs and synergy due to Endgame and BP 2 reaching 700 mil again will be harder with less novelty (although it's likely still passing 600 mil DOM). 

Edited by lorddemaxus

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

CM 2 doesn't have to drop for BP 2 to make more than CM 2. I'm expecting both films to drop DOM though. CM 2 won't have the amazing late legs and synergy due to Endgame and BP 2 reaching 700 mil again will be harder with less novelty (although it's likely still passing 600 mil DOM). 

You don't need very good legs to cross 425m domestic.  Captain Marvel 2 is based on secret invasion. 

It's going to be very big movie. The only reason I put it below Black Panther is because BP is rumoured to introduce Doom and Namor. 

Captain Marvel 2 is going to be very big. Secret Invasion is a big storyline. It has already started from SM FFH. 

• Haha 1