Eric Duncan

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

CM 2 doesn't have to drop for BP 2 to make more than CM 2. I'm expecting both films to drop DOM though. CM 2 won't have the amazing late legs and synergy due to Endgame and BP 2 reaching 700 mil again will be harder with less novelty (although it's likely still passing 600 mil DOM). 

BP has absolutely terrible dom/OS ratio so it shows it's much more dom thing than OS. That's why I think it's a toast OS especially after unmemorable showing on IW/EG. Also, Chadwick Boseman will be 45, really old.

Just now, Valonqar said:

BP has absolutely terrible dom/OS ratio so it shows it's much more dom thing than OS. That's why I think it's a toast OS especially after unmemorable showing on IW/EG. Also, Chadwick Boseman will be 45, really old.

Wakanda literally took up the entire 3rd act of IW while CM only appeared in Endgame for a couple of minutes. Also 45 really isn't old, espescially if Boseman is able to keep himself fit.

Wakanda alone isn't enough and Thor/Rocket/Groot completely stole everyone's thunder (not that there was a thunder in fighting those generic monsters). Wakanda sequence is known for The Trio arrival, not for whatever BP&co did. OTOH, CM had several big solo scenes in EG that left the mark. 

My point about age is that teenagers identify with younger cast more expect when it comes to Tony but Boseman is no RDJ.  At least teens around the world defintiely prefer CM and Brie.

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

You don't need very good legs to cross 425m domestic.  Captain Marvel 2 is based on secret invasion. 

It's going to be very big movie. The only reason I put it below Black Panther is because BP is rumoured to introduce Doom and Namor. 

Captain Marvel 2 is going to be very big. Secret Invasion is a big storyline. It has already started from SM FFH. 

Isn't Secret Invasion a proper Avengers story? And I don't base predictions on unsubstantiated rumors.

Just now, Valonqar said:

Wakanda alone isn't enough and Thor/Rocket/Groot completely stole everyone's thunder (not that there was a thunder in fighting those generic monsters). Wakanda sequence is known for The Trio arrival, not for whatever BP&co did. OTOH, CM had several big solo scenes in EG that left the mark. 

My point about age is that teenagers identify with younger cast more expect when it comes to Tony but Boseman is no RDJ.  At least teens around the world defintiely prefer CM and Brie.

How would you know what teens prefer if you are nowhere close to being a teenager? CM's largest audience was men and women above 25 too. It really doesn't matter what teens like.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Isn't Secret Invasion a proper Avengers story? And I don't base predictions on unsubstantiated rumors.

This is from Charles Murphy. He has been giving reliable news from beginning. 

Captain Marvel 2 was always supposed to be Secret Invasion. 

Ant Man 3 is Young Avengers movie. 

Marvel has lot to cover before they introduce X-Men in MCU. They will have to complete Skrulls storyline before opening any other saga. 

• Like 1

Next few movies and Disney plus shows are going to cover:

Thunderbolts 

Young Avengers 

Secret Invasion 

After that story will probably move to include FF and X-men. Lot of unanswered questions after Endgame. 

Edited by Madhuvan

9 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

This is from Charles Murphy. He has been giving reliable news from beginning. 

Captain Marvel 2 was always supposed to be Secret Invasion. 

Ant Man 3 is Young Avengers movie. 

Marvel has lot to cover before they introduce X-Men in MCU. They will have to complete Skrulls storyline before opening any other saga. 

I have no clue who that is and don't care about rumors for movies that are still being written.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

How would you know what teens prefer if you are nowhere close to being a teenager? CM's largest audience was men and women above 25 too. It really doesn't matter what teens like.

I'm a teenager and have teen sisters. Also, nobody talks about Chadwick. Everyone was talking about MBJ and Shuri but nowhere near how much people talk about Brie. And yes, CM audience wa smostly men while Aquaman attracted lots of ladies wonder why. :lol:

Edited by Valonqar

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm a teenager and have teen sisters. Also, nobody talks about Chadwick. Everyone was talking about MBJ and Shuri but nowhere near how much people talk about Brie. And yes, CM audience wa smostly men while Aquaman attracted lost of ladies wonder why. :lol:

I swear to god you said you are an adult before (anyone on this site who's been on here longer than me can confirm this). Also kinda doubt you've been frequenting this site since you were 13 (assuming that you're 17 right now and what it says on your profile is correct). Also if there's much being talked about Brie Larson, it's being covered by all the noise about her on the internet so I'd have no clue either way. And honestly we are getting way off topic here.

Edited by lorddemaxus

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I swear to god you said you are an adult before (anyone on this site who's been on here longer than me can confirm this). Also kinda doubt you've been frequenting this site since you were 13 (assuming that you're 17 right now and what it says on your profile is correct). Also if there's much being talked about Brie Larson, it's being covered by all the noise about her on the internet so I'd have no clue either way. And honestly we are getting way off topic here.

I never said that I was an adult, why would I? it seems to me that you are annoyed that I believe CM2 will beat BP2. Oh well. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I never said that I was an adult, why would I? it seems to me that you are annoyed that I believe CM2 will beat BP2. Oh well. 

I absolutely remember you saying that. Also your belief has no justification.

Edited by lorddemaxus

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

so you are butthurt that someone dares to think CM2 could beat BP2. All I ever needed to know. Yes, CM 2 is winning. MCU knows she has much bigger potential than BP who they couldn't even coherently insert in CW cause not the type of character that mesh well with others. OTOH, CM works both as a team player and a solo. No wonder she didn't get dusted off in IW. She has actual powers, not just scratching. Even Goose can do better than scratch. :hahaha:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

so you are butthurt that someone dares to think CM2 could beat BP2. All I ever needed to know. Yes, CM 2 is winning. MCU knows she has much bigger potential than BP who they couldn't even coherently insert in CW cause not the type of character that mesh well with others. OTOH, CM works both as a team player and a solo. No wonder she didn't get dusted off in IW. She has actual powers, not just scratching. Even Goose can do better than scratch. :hahaha:

And now you're just rambling on with some gibberish. Maybe you are a teen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

while you have no counter arguments. CM2 surge is gonna be sweet in 2 years time. See you then! 

I can't counter-argue gibberish.

MCU knows she has much bigger potential than BP who they couldn't even coherently insert in CW cause not the type of character that mesh well with others.

This isn't even a proper sentence.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

A few years back he was something around 13-15 years old.

A teen you are till incl 19 even if I think that the term teenager s usually more meant / in use for 13-16y old.

If he is 17.5y old now (not sure how long ago) than he is more or less an adult, but still a teen till he celebrates his 20th birthday or?

I could try to look through rather old data, I might be able to find it , I think it was ~ 3.5 +/- years back

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

A few years back he was something around 13-15 years old.

A teen you are till incl 19 even if I think that the term teenager s usually more meant / in use for 13-16y old.

If he is 17.5y old now (not sure how long ago) than he is more or less an adult, but still a teen till he celebrates his 20th birthday or?

I could try to look through rather old data, I might be able to find it , I think it was ~ 3.5 +/- years back

No worries, seems like he is actually a teen. I wonder why I thought he was an adult with kids and stuff for so long.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No worries, seems like he is actually a teen. I wonder why I thought he was an adult with kids and stuff for so long.

he has younger siblings he takes to the cinemas and has sometimes younger sounding (like older speaks with younger) exchanges with, maybe that‘s the reason why?