The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It would be a hell of a coincidence to introduce this many Young Avengers characters if there wasn't some plan for them. My guess is it's part of Jac Schaeffers deal on Disney+ since Disney+ is where most of them have been set up.

Logic would dictate that they are indeed making a Young Avengers project but after the last three years I'm no longer sure that there is a plan. For all we know they threw all these characters out there simply because they needed content for Disney+.

Edited by DInky

Wouldn't be surprised if one is announced as part of their redesigned TV plans. Plenty of those actors would be down for a few seasons of TV for sure.

As for Kamala specifically, she's in Marvel Zombies and I wouldn't be surprised to see her on the X-Men side of things whenever they get round to that.

Edited by SpiderByte

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Wouldn't be surprised if one is announced as part of their redesigned TV plans. Plenty of those actors would be down for a few seasons of TV for sure.

As for Kamala specifically, she's in Marvel Zombies and I wouldn't be surprised to see her on the X-Men side of things whenever they get round to that.

Iman Vellani is luckily still very young so they can incorporate her into the X-Men when the time comes but I bet that will ruffle some feathers among the X-fandom. Every X-men fan wants to see their characters and the inclusion of Kamala Khan will mean that another "more deserving" character will be left out.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

this is shaping up to be one of the biggest box office bombs of all time. You can't sit here and tell me this is something they can just brush off. I can see a push for heads to roll and even for Feige to be replaced. Remember this is the guy that apparently thought Eternals was Oscar worthy, Quantumania was a banger, and that Captain Marvel was going to be the leading face of the MCU! Maybe if they had some promising upcoming projects it would be all right but what do they have? A Chris Evan less Captain America that follows a shitty web series, Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four and Blade movies that they seem to have no idea how to get off the ground, and two Avengers that will likely keep getting pushed back and with the main villain actor embroiled in controversy. 

its not Kevin Feige's fault, its the panderstone's

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DInky said:

Iman Vellani is luckily still very young so they can incorporate her into the X-Men when the time comes but I bet that will ruffle some feathers among the X-fandom. Every X-men fan wants to see their characters and the inclusion of Kamala Khan will mean that another "more deserving" character will be left out.

That has been the case for every X-Men project, movie, comic, or otherwise, for 60 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I don’t think people realize how disastrously both CA and Thubderbolts could bomb if this is a disaster. I would argue that this actually had more going for it than either of those will, and we still may end up with one of the biggest box office bombs ever here. CA and TB will be absolutely nuclear if they are poorly received. As in less than 150 WW potential for both. 

This, I agree with.  I think CA and Thunderbolts (especially the latter) have less going for them than the Marvels.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

It would be a hell of a coincidence to introduce this many Young Avengers characters if there wasn't some plan for them. My guess is it's part of Jac Schaeffers deal on Disney+ since Disney+ is where most of them have been set up.

but a grand total of maybe three people are interested in these young Avengers so why would they make it?

• Like 1

Between Flash and Marvels both having bad VFX, hopefully the studios learn to stop overworking their VFX artists, given these movies literally wouldn't exist without them. It is obvious that they are crunching them due to their lack of vision, and the end product is suffering because of it.

Gotg3 has pretty good VFX in my opinion, and lo and behold it is the only live-action CBM this year that was an undoubtable smash hit.

34 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This, I agree with.  I think CA and Thunderbolts (especially the latter) have less going for them than the Marvels.  

I have no idea if Thunderbolts will succeed or not but it does have the strongest creative team of any of Marvels upcoming projects (give or take your own particular feelings on the Shawn Levy/Ryan Reynolds oeuvre). 

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

but a grand total of maybe three people are interested in these young Avengers so why would they make it?

Only Wiccan and Hulkling are popular among the fans but they'll probably ruin them too. 

Edited by andersonhoran

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

Between Flash and Marvels both having bad VFX, hopefully the studios learn to stop overworking their VFX artists, given these movies literally wouldn't exist without them. It is obvious that they are crunching them due to their lack of vision, and the end product is suffering because of it.

Gotg3 has pretty good VFX in my opinion, and lo and behold it is the only live-action CBM this year that was an undoubtable smash hit.

Marvel's VFX doesn't look bad, atleast from the trailers. 

I think this isn't a Marvels problem specifically but a genre issue, I really don't think that people who are still bought in on these movies are ready to accept that audiences are about to start rejecting them en masse outside the best and biggest. People will always see Spider-Man, Batman, and well-loved modern favorites with a hook like Deadpool 3 or GOTG 3. But shitty movies with the same story for C-List and lower characters? People are fed up being forced to eat shit anymore. It took awhile but that's how it works. The ground of public opinion shifts quickly and it is coming for the majority of both MCU and DC projects. Audiences are not that stupid. It's become a bunch of redundant crap and people are tuning it out. People are fed the fuck up.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Thisd track except Blue Beetle got mostly good reviews.

Flash destroyed last atom of goodwill DCEU had from audiences. If DCEU played it right, Blue Beetle would have been a $100m opener, but instead they ruined their reputation through a decade of near unilaterally crap content.

6 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Flash destroyed last atom of goodwill DCEU had from audiences. If DCEU played it right, Blue Beetle would have been a $100m opener, but instead they ruined their reputation through a decade of near unilaterally crap content.

Yeah, the DCEU brand is so weak. The Marvel brand carried Shang-Chi to $225m domestic during a pandemic. Blue Beetle didn't even muster one-third of that, even DC's own pandemic release The Suicide Squad didn't even reach 25% of Shang-Chi's domestic total