The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

17 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I saw a trending post from Volde that Snow White needs major rework or its going to end up really bad. Elio is just Disney making sure that they have something for Summer 2025. They would rather bet on IO2 for 2024. That said Elio promotions have started while we have seen nothing for IO2. they should have gone other way around. 

Either way that is not an option for this movie. If the strike is not resolved before release, I hope Kevin Feige hits the talk show circuit promoting the movie. Its all on him. 

If the strike isn't resolved before release, I'm definitely going to start to worry about every studio, since I keep reading talks are in their final days.

Also, hasn't the director of this film essentially wiped her hands of the project, too?

1 hour ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Just a reminder that Domestically, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is the 7th highest grossing film of 2023. While it may have made less than Ant-Man and the Wasp, it also may come out higher on the list of highest grossing films for the year domestically. Worldwide, it might even match.

doesn't mean shit if it still lost money

2 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

If the strike isn't resolved before release, I'm definitely going to start to worry about every studio, since I keep reading talks are in their final days.

Also, hasn't the director of this film essentially wiped her hands of the project, too?

Yeah if the strike is not resolved by the time this comes out then something went seriously wrong which is still very possible. 

4 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

Anybody remember Endgame glory days?How could Marvel going to the situation like this?

Arrogance would be my guess, from both the Disney suits and Marvel alike. The period from Infinity War to Endgame was full blown Marvel fever, a time where everything with that iconic red rectangle was an instant money printer. Hell, even the unrelated Venom was a smash hit just by being connected to the Marvel brand and lucky enough to have been released right in the middle of that period. That period must have boosted their collective confidence to unrealistic levels, and facilitated the massive content overdrive we've seen since Disney+ launched. Unfortunately that must've spread Marvel thin and been to the detriment of any individual project's own merits, and now we're seeing the consequences of that in full display with Guardians 3's underwhelming opening and The Marvels' abysmal tracking, as well as the ongoing overhaul of their television arm. If you burn audiences enough times, they'll simply stop going, especially in an era where they are more fickle and critical than ever. This current saga is a lost cause, but hopefully they'll be able to rebuild after Secret Wars, assuming it still gets made.

26 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Forget Solo, this could even go below Hulk 2008's $265M total, which is currently the lowest grossing MCU movie to date.

Still think OS may prevent that. But yeah definitely below solo for me as things stand right now  and it's taking the Alice in wonderland crown.

The only thing that can save this is WOM. Otherwise it's so dead in the water.

At this rate even a 400-450mish finish while still being a flop  would just be a boring . " It could have been worse"  number.

Sales are just fucking abysmal. 

16 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Arrogance would be my guess, from both the Disney suits and Marvel alike. The period from Infinity War to Endgame was full blown Marvel fever, a time where everything with that iconic red rectangle was an instant money printer. Hell, even the unrelated Venom was a smash hit just by being connected to the Marvel brand and lucky enough to have been released right in the middle of that period. That period must have boosted their collective confidence to unrealistic levels, and facilitated the massive content overdrive we've seen since Disney+ launched. Unfortunately that must've spread Marvel thin and been to the detriment of any individual project's own merits, and now we're seeing the consequences of that in full display with Guardians 3's underwhelming opening and The Marvels' abysmal tracking, as well as the ongoing overhaul of their television arm. If you burn audiences enough times, they'll simply stop going, especially in an era where they are more fickle and critical than ever. This current saga is a lost cause, but hopefully they'll be able to rebuild after Secret Wars, assuming it still gets made.

If Marvel Continue be like this Avengers V global total box office will be lower than Endgame OW

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Still think OS may prevent that. But yeah definitely below solo for me as things stand right now  and it's taking the Alice in wonderland crown.

The only thing that can save this is WOM. Otherwise it's so dead in the water.

At this rate even a 400-450mish finish while still being a flop  would just be a boring . " It could have been worse"  number.

Sales are just fucking abysmal. 

OS?

How about we talking Mexico.A country which Marvel movie beat all time B.O record 6 times,and The Marvels doing less than 10% of The Flash presale in Mexico.

Don’t expect China,I’ll be impressed if the movie doing $15m in China.

OS $150m is the current prediction

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

OS?

How about we talking Mexico.A country which Marvel movie beat all time B.O record 6 times,and The Marvels doing less than 10% of The Flash presale in Mexico.

Will wait for OW and see where it opens and where WOM is. Guardians was looking like  130m  then across weekend jumped to 170m.

50 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

OS?

Being 100% honest, the sales for this are looking similar to Shazam 2 here in my city in Brazil (and I live in one of the biggest cities in the country). I think it will gross more than Shazam 2 ($3.5M) but will struggle to surpass Black Widow ($6.6M), Shang Chi ($7.5M), The Flash ($7.6M), Blue Beetle ($8.1M) and maybe even Birds of Prey ($5.8M) and The Suicide Squad ($4.5M), not to mention Black Adam ($15M) and Eternals ($12M). I literally counted 28 tickets sold for all previews here in my city, which is abysmal (and the rest of the weekend doesn't look better).

The first movie grossed $38.2M in Brazil and $33.3M in Mexico, so I'm saying this because I'm genuinely shocked 💀

It will flop big time in LATAM. I'm curious about Europe.

Edited by belblazer

6 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Being 100% honest, the sales for this are looking similar to Shazam 2 here in my city in Brazil (and I live in one of the biggest cities in the country). I think it will gross more than Shazam 2 ($3.5M) but will struggle to surpass Black Widow ($6.6M), The Flash ($7.6M), Blue Beetle ($8.1M) and maybe even Birds of Prey ($5.8M) and Suicide Squad ($4.5M). I literally counted 28 tickets sold for all previews here in my city, which is abysmal (and the rest of the weekend doesn't look better).

The first movie grossed $38.2M in Brazil and $33.3M in Mexico, so I'm saying this because I'm genuinely shocked 💀

It will flop big time in LATAM. I'm curious about Europe.

If a superhero movie doing bad in LATAM,it will bad everywhere,because Superhero is such a religion in LA and Southeast Asia 

EU doesn’t have Superhero fever that much,Harry Potter is way more popular

• Like 2