The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

One thing lacking in this movie is no romantic interest of any sort. That was one of the glue of OG movies. I hear in comics Marvel and Rhodey were involved but that would not work in MCU(not for race reasons but that actor is too old). 

Even then romance isn’t something Marvel did well with, it’s been a common complaint since the beginning. Like apart from Wanda and Vision, Star Lord and Gamora, and maybe Steve and Peggy, there wasn’t much there. Even something big like Peter x MJ doesn’t work because Feige and Pascal are too focused on the ramifications of Peter being in the MCU than developing the world and people around Peter.

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

One thing lacking in this movie is no romantic interest of any sort. That was one of the glue of OG movies. I hear in comics Marvel and Rhodey were involved but that would not work in MCU(not for race reasons but that actor is too old). 

True. They should have thought twice about making a whole ass team where There isn't a single pairing that wouldn't give audiences the ick. Stucky and Stony carried the fandom. with 62k and 41k fanfics respectively on Ao3. But are people gonna ship Carol/Kamala or Carol/Monica or Monica/Kamala. No shot, it's not happening. I don't care that Elsanna is the most popular frozen ship, it's not the same audience. 

5 minutes ago, Hypercortical said:

True. They should have thought twice about making a whole ass team where There isn't a single pairing that wouldn't give audiences the ick. Stucky and Stony carried the fandom. with 62k and 41k fanfics respectively on Ao3. But are people gonna ship Carol/Kamala or Carol/Monica or Monica/Kamala. No shot, it's not happening. I don't care that Elsanna is the most popular frozen ship, it's not the same audience. 

On second thought, Thorki is the 4th most popular romantic ship, I may be looking at this the wrong way.

edit: sorry, 5th if I count Bucky/Reader

Edited by Hypercortical

8 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

2023 been a bag of dicks for CBMs . Been fucked left right centre  with only guardians 3 left standing. 

Aquaman 2 will also probably be a  lost kingdom rather than a conquering one  this December too.

i'm honestly out here seething about that. I liked Guardians 3, but I've never really been a proper Guardians enjoyer, and I don't like the vibes of people who tout James Gunn and his MCU movies as the best thing since sliced bread, and I want them to lose. 

edit: not like, lose horribly, just not-win

Edited by Hypercortical

10 minutes ago, Hypercortical said:

On second thought, Thorki is the 4th most popular romantic ship, I may be looking at this the wrong way.

They're two men. So, it's still a pretty different audience.

Edited by Kon

12 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

If u can I fully recommend seeing The Killer in theaters

If it's not playing near you, watch it loud. The Sound design is impeccable

Ya, no cinema option, but definitely looking forward to it. It seems right up my alley.

11 minutes ago, Hypercortical said:

I don’t think Kamala should be shipped with Monica or Carol as in that universe she’s a minor.

Just now, TomThomas said:

Horrible CGI, a paper thin villai, Kamala is next level annoying....Jar Jar level, and a cluttered plot . The writing feels very first draft. Capt Marvel is the only saving grace of the bunch as her personality is an improvement from the first film.

Full Review | Original Score: 4/10 | Nov 8, 2023

Omg, finally someone saying Carol is the standout team member. 
But at what cost 😔

2 minutes ago, YM! said:

I don’t think Kamala should be shipped with Monica or Carol as in that universe she’s a minor.

yeah, that's exactly what i'm talking about. It doesn't work. A non-starter
Monica and Carol on the other hand... idk, Thorki has given me pause. 

Edited by Hypercortical

I didn't hate quantumania as much as other people did, but it definitely was one of the more meh films, very similar to dark world to me.

My main issue is that it sort of lost the soul of the antman movies. They just deleted all the fun side characters. And I will NEVER forgive them for ruining the relationship between him and his daughter. The relationship between Scott and his daughter was sweet, and one of the best parts of his character. I don't give a shit if somebody at marvel wanted to give him character development by making him miss out on her childhood, it was a stupid idea. Instead she got replaced with the most forgettable character in the entire MCU

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

The shit started hitting the fan after Civil War. But also, had they not started going big, MCU fatigue would have begun much sooner.

This downfall was inevitable. I'm just surprised it happened this year and not pre-Endgame.

I think the lowest point for the pre 2019 MCU was after Age of Ultron and Civil War 

Those films did really well box office but didnt have the best of reception with the wider audience (civil war was popular with the fanbase though)

However they really opened the MCU up and increased the scale and they released a lot of very well liked films from between 2017-2018. 

7 minutes ago, DInky said:

Just got back from seeing it and I honestly loved it. It really doesn't deserve to get lumped in with Quantumania or Love & Thunder. I'm legitimately sad that critics are trashing it and that it's going to bomb miserably.

I feel critics have a grudge against the MCU for a while, but they couldn't reveal their real feelings due to the brand popularity.

As the MCU brand isn't so strong right now, they throw all their grudge against this film.