The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

10 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The way the press is covering this you'd think it's the most hated movie ever made.

Most people don't care about it at all. Brigaders didn't even bother review bombing it, as all audience scores for RT are not bad. People just completely ignored it.

32 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The way the press is covering this you'd think it's the most hated movie ever made.

I don't get it but cinemascore and posttrak are very bad. This is being treated like Green Lantern which is basically what it looks like from a numbers perspective (even if it's clearly not that bad)

23 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

God, I hope box office doesn't cause Marvel to cut their Ms Marvel plans that they clearly have, because they struck gold with her. An absolutely incredible find.

They’ll find a way to use Iman/Khamala for sure. I just hope it’s not the Young Avengers they’ve been clearly setting up.

31 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

God, I hope box office doesn't cause Marvel to cut their Ms Marvel plans that they clearly have, because they struck gold with her. An absolutely incredible find.

her show flopped and she appears in the biggest bomb of all time. Maybe she can be in the background with a couple of lines 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

dont find the whole "21 year old acting like a 14 year old" amusing 

she might have some cheerleaders, but I just cant see the ga really embracing her

• Like 1

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

dont find the whole "21 year old acting like a 14 year old" amusing 

she might have some cheerleaders, but I just cant see the ga really embracing her

Once again, I don't know where this thing of "people don't like Iman Vellani" is coming from. It's not based in people's actual reactions to her from everything I can tell

16 minutes ago, John Marston said:

her show flopped and she appears in the biggest bomb of all time. Maybe she can be in the background with a couple of lines 

The Marvels is not the biggest bomb of all time. Flower Moon is much more of a bomb box office wise, are people saying that cast is never being in anything again?

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The Marvels is not the biggest bomb of all time. Flower Moon is much more of a bomb box office wise, are people saying that cast is never being in anything again?

Emmm... context matters. One is a 3.5 hour streaming movie and not IP, and the other one is a sequel to 1.1 bln grosser and part of the biggest IP out there, so expectations are very different.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Once again, I don't know where this thing of "people don't like Iman Vellani" is coming from. It's not based in people's actual reactions to her from everything I can tell

never said people dont like her

I said I dont, and that because her schtick could be annoying to some, I  cant ever see the GA fully embracing her 

9 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Emmm... context matters. One is a 3.5 hour streaming movie and not IP, and the other one is a sequel to 1.1 bln grosser and part of the biggest IP out there, so expectations are very different.

Flower Moon is a theatrical release. That cost 200+ million. By every box office metric, it is a bomb.

It also is an adaptation of a book about real life events, not an original story.

Edited by SpiderByte

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Flower Moon is a theatrical release. That cost 200+ million. By every box office metric, it is a bomb.

It also is an adaptation of a book about real life events, not an original story.

Yeah. People shouldn't say The Marvels is the biggest bomb in general. There a good amount of movies that are likely bigger bombs.

We can just say The Marvels is the biggest bomb between MCU movies.

I just really don't get why people think that after her show, the best reviewed MCU release full stop, and who even in this movies reviews got almost universal praise, Marvel will look at that and think "well obviously Ms Marvel is the problem that everyone hates, let's remove her from the MCU".

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

I just really don't get why people think that after her show, the best reviewed MCU release full stop, and who even in this movies reviews got almost universal praise, Marvel will look at that and think "well obviously Ms Marvel is the problem that everyone hates, let's remove her from the MCU".

I don't think anyone think Ms Marvel is the problem that everyone hates.

It's just Ms Marvel hasn't really attracted a younger audience, which I'm pretty sure they were expecting with this character.

5 minutes ago, Kon said:

I don't think anyone think Ms Marvel is the problem that everyone hates.

It's just Ms Marvel hasn't really attracted a younger audience, which I'm pretty sure they were expecting with this character.

And that means the character needs to be written out...why?

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

because nobody cared about the character. It’s a waste of time and money to make things that focus on her