The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

5 hours ago, Willowra said:

Loki will overshadow The Marvels on November 10th, as the audience is the same for both. It will divert people's attention from the Marvels as more hyped comic book projects, whether a movie or a show, always overshadow less hyped projects. There is no example yet because this is happening 1st time that a more popular mcu show finale is dropping with a less popular mcu movie. Come November 10th and see yourself.

My god please just stop. This is such stupid thinking.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Willowra said:

There are tons of examples for this. A project with more talk takes the hype away from a project with less talk.

There are zero examples of this regarding TV in the last handful of decades. (excluding live sports)

4 minutes ago, Willowra said:

There are tons of examples for this. A project with more talk takes the hype away from a project with less talk.

Please. Give literally. ONE EXAMPLE. Of a TV show hurting a films box office. If there are so many, how come you cannot come up with one.

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Please. Give literally. ONE EXAMPLE. Of a TV show hurting a films box office. If there are so many, how come you cannot come up with one.

I am talking about a more hyped CBM hurting less hyped CBM, and how many times should I say to you that this is the first time a more hyped MCU show is releasing with a less hyped MCU movie? You will get your first example on Nov 10th.

4 minutes ago, Willowra said:

I am talking about a more hyped CBM hurting less hyped CBM, and how many times should I say to you that this is the first time a more hyped MCU show is releasing with a less hyped MCU movie? You will get your first example on Nov 10th.

No you won't. Because even if the movie "underperforms" there will literally be no way to prove that it had any effect. 

God this is such a boring conversation. New pics look great.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Willowra said:

I'd honestly be willing to bet more people are in the theater for The Marvels on opening day than watched the finale of Loki. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

No you won't. Because even if the movie "underperforms" there will literally be no way to prove that it had any effect. 

God this is such a boring conversation. New pics look great.

There would be multiple reasons for this movie to underperform or flop; I've posted all of them. Check it out if you want to lol

• Knock It Off 2

28 minutes ago, Willowra said:

So you finally admit there is quite literally zero example of a TV show ever affecting box office in the way you have insisted Loki will?

• Haha 1

This is from a magazine, not a frame from the actual movie. They always look different because they're shot for print not the screen.

For instance, of these 4, only the one of Monica is from actual footage. The rest are promotional stills. You can tell from the aspect ratio.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

The fact that Stranger Things 5 and Obi-Wan came out the same day as Maverick pretty much shows that streaming shows and movies can EASILY co-exist in the market.

Edited by DAJK
  • Thanks 4

Disney (which owns ABC) is going to show "Ms. Marvel" on ABC this fall.

It's killing two birds with one stone: It's a cheap, quick way to provide programming that is new to a good part of your audience (those who  do not subscribe to Disney +) at a time when due to the strikes no new programming is going ro be forthcoming, and you get to promote a upcoming movie at the same time.

I think Disney Plus shows being shown on ABC was in the cards when it became clear the strikes would devastage the fall TV season, but the choice of Ms Marvel rather then "Wandavision" or other Disney + shows was to promote the movie.

• Like 2

Everything about The Marvels continues to look really great. Vellani is the big reason I'm excited (she's a genuine talent and star in the making) but also it's great to see Larson adding more dimension to Carol. I enjoy the first CM quite a bit - I think it's much better then people say even if it does have that admittedly really weak first act - but while I liked Larson's performance a lot it was clear that they were saving her bigger, more expressive stuff for a sequel on purpose as that film was literally about her trying to be stone cold and emotionless to no avail.

The little bit we've seen in the trailers indicates we are finally getting a Carol closer to the comics, aka one who is constantly having the time of her life using her powers, is uber confident about herself (to a fault), and cares deeply about the people she protects (also to a fault). She's a stellar character in the comics and if they are able to translate that fully we are golden.

• Like 1

Moderation: We have a separate thread to discuss Loki (and all other such shows) at 

If someone wishes they can even create a separate thread in that section for Loki II (though I think it unnecessary at this time). Please keep discussions here on topic about The Marvels movie. Thanks