The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

10 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

They ruined her character. She wasn't "redeemed" in the finale of WV, but she was nowhere NEAR where they put her in DS2. She literally just saved an entire town of strangers and fought against someone manipulating her... and jumped STRAIGHT to "I'm going to murder everyone I know"

They "ruined" her character by making her faithful to the character she actually is in the comics? What’s next, Jean Grey will be ruined by going Dark Phoenix eventually? Marvel was never like DC, and expecting these characters to be perfect archetypes is going against what they actually are: flawed people. Neither Captain America or Iron Man were completely right in Civil War, and it resulted in Thanos killing half of the universe. 

The Scarlet Witch truly shines when she isn’t a full blown superheroine. And if you don’t understand what the Darkhold is and what Agatha literally tells her and she still reads the book, well… then it’s pointless to argue. 

It’s right there. She wasn’t redeemed. She ran away. With the book of the damned.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

This is going to blow up. Just looking at social media and I don’t think most people here understand how much this is clearly shaping up to be one of the most hyped MCU films since No Way Home. It’s absolutely madness how Captain Marvel has managed to create her own real life version of the Carol Corps.

Knock It Off

Only upcoming MCU film that will get close to NWH hype is maybe Deadpool 3

Edited by TheFlatLannister

2 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Knock It Off

Only upcoming MCU film that will get close to NWH hype is maybe Deadpool 3

I didn’t said anywhere close to NWH. I said that I’m starting to think that the hype for this film is actually bigger than L&T, WF, QM and Vol. 3. I think people here are majorly underplaying this film’s potential, and we will know less than 4 months from now.

54 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

They "ruined" her character by making her faithful to the character she actually is in the comics? What’s next, Jean Grey will be ruined by going Dark Phoenix eventually? Marvel was never like DC, and expecting these characters to be perfect archetypes is going against what they actually are: flawed people. Neither Captain America or Iron Man were completely right in Civil War, and it resulted in Thanos killing half of the universe. 

The Scarlet Witch truly shines when she isn’t a full blown superheroine. And if you don’t understand what the Darkhold is and what Agatha literally tells her and she still reads the book, well… then it’s pointless to argue. 

It’s right there. She wasn’t redeemed. She ran away. With the book of the damned.

I, too, love to be deliberately obtuse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

If the best you got is gratuitously attack me once I laid out the obvious, thank you for proving my point.

Maybe it's time for you to calm down and just accept that maybe your view of the movie and character arc aren't the only one. kbye!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Maybe it's time for you to calm down and just accept that maybe your view of the movie and character arc aren't the only one. kbye!

I am calm. I didn’t attack anyone. I calmly explained why what you said didn’t make sense with the story that played in both WandaVision and Multiverse of Madness, and how that perfectly lines up with Scarlet Witch’s character in the comics.

Sure, you can have opinions. Sure, you can say that a character is ruined for playing exactly like she would on comics. That doesn’t make your opinion right though. What makes Wanda so much interesting is that she is very much a flawed person. 

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I am calm. I didn’t attack anyone. I calmly explained why what you said didn’t make sense with the story that played in both WandaVision and Multiverse of Madness, and how that perfectly lines up with Scarlet Witch’s character in the comics.

Sure, you can have opinions. Sure, you can say that a character is ruined for playing exactly like she would on comics. That doesn’t make your opinion right though. What makes Wanda so much interesting is that she is very much a flawed person. 

I vehemently disagree.

On 7/18/2023 at 6:43 AM, Willowra said:

Loki will overshadow The Marvels on November 10th, as the audience is the same for both. It will divert people's attention from the Marvels as more hyped comic book projects, whether a movie or a show, always overshadow less hyped projects. There is no example yet because this is happening 1st time that a more popular mcu show finale is dropping with a less popular mcu movie. Come November 10th and see yourself.

Loki debuts in October.

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

This movie is going to flop. The EW motion comic cover is getting laughed at in fan circles. The costumes look like CW tv shows.

It´s always so funny to see how contraditory SH fans are ... they love super humans with capes and shit doing fantasy stuff but they like the representation of this juvenile concept as something gritty, self important, serious. 

• Like 2

Both the TV shows that tie into Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel, Secret Invasion) flopped and had poor viewership numbers, proving that the first Captain Marvel left no impression and was carried by Endgame hype and 2018-2019 was the peak of the genre. The new one will do 500m-600m at best.

• Haha 1