Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** BIRDS OF PREY SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

11 hours ago, TMP said:

Ewan McGregor is so good as Sionis that I was bummed when he died. This might have the best and most inventive action sequences in one of these?

That McGergor is one hell of a good actor should surprise nobody.

It's damn good.

Violent, in some shockingly painful ways. Funny, but from a character building way, rather than being quippy. 

Fun and inventive in the action scenes, which feel more interwoven with the narrative, rather than being set pieces. 

Also, it impressively juggles six major characters, so you get their personalities, motivations, and even backstories, without dragging the pace down. 

Just, really cool to watch. 

• Like 1

I had forgotten Huntress was here for a good portion of the movie. When they finally named her (I already knew), I checked the time on my phone and it was about an hour into the film.

That kind of annoyed me, but the rest was such good fun that I don't mind.

One thing I loved, that they should’ve played up in the trailers more was.....

Because of the break up, Harley is fair game and lots of people in Gotham hate her. 

I also loved her being an unreliable narrator, hence the back and forward in the first half lol. 

The fight scenes and weapon use were just great. 

Also, easily the best death for a comic book movie villain I can remember. Graphic and can’t “magically reappear” lol. Definitely dead.  :) 

Edited by Krissykins

4 hours ago, Frozen said:

How far into the movie is the torture scene? I’m reading it’s pretty violent. I’d like to skip it if I can. 

First 20 minutes. If it’s the one I think you’re talking about 

just thought, if you’ve seen any horror films or even the violence in Deadpool 1, 2 or Logan I’m sure you can handle it lol

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

Fun movie, but outside of Harley the story and characters are paper thin. Huntress in particular, whose backstory is tied into the main driving plot of the film, gets shafted heavily and basically is a glorified cameo until the third act.

• Like 2

OMG, what a seedy, nasty movie this was...

And you think the Joker was antisocial?? LOL, Joaquin's Joker was a pinnacle of humanity - compared to the BoP denizens.

PS: No, seriously, if only one in a hundred real people was like this Joker, we'd be living in a paradise. Because everyone would get what he deserves - and an asshole wouldn't live long enough to procreate. That is why the powers that be were so afraid of the Joker movie and tried to kill it on release.

Edited by shayhiri
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

19 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Fun movie, but outside of Harley the story and characters are paper thin. Huntress in particular, whose backstory is tied into the main driving plot of the film, gets shafted heavily and basically is a glorified cameo until the third act.

Basically my take.  Not a great movie but I had fun and it was exactly what I expected from the trailers I saw.  

So yeah I liked it and give at least a B

• Like 1

This definitely needed more Mary Elizabeth Winstead (and not just because there's no such thing as too much Mary Elizabeth Winstead). It's too bad this is looking to go down as a bust at the box office (seriously, my showing this afternoon might've had only 10 people in it in total) cause I'd welcome a spin-off that gives her/Perez/Smollett-Bell a proper vehicle.

Funniest part in this for me was how almost everyone Harley encounters has a description listing their "grievances," especially the neverending one for McGregor (I believe one of them was "Voted for Bernie" lmao).

• Like 1

I really enjoyed it, but understand why it's not a hit.

I agree the Huntress should have been given more screentime.

Also with the Canary they should have at clued people in about the Canary Call more then they did. That bit with the glass breaking early on was not enough. If you were not familiar with the CHarecter her using the call is an WTF moment.

And I though the interrogation early on was a bit to brutal for the whole tone of the film.That was nasty, just did not fit in. I know they wanted to show what a pair of psychos Black Mask and Zzzzz were, but they overdid it.Might have worked in a more serious film, but not here.

But overall I really enjoyed it, and laughed my head off for most of the movie.

I liked the homage to Batman:the animated series in having the big climax at abandned Amusement park,the Jokers main HQ in the Timmverse.

And I found the end of the the credits bit to be drop dead funny.

Pretty solid fun which is what Suicide Squad should have been. I'm not the biggest fan of Harley  Quinn but thought she was good in this despite her being in the lead. And yes more Huntress would be welcome for future films. With alot of these superhero films the MacGuffin is whatever would have liked if they emphasised the connection with Huntress more but I guess they wanted her to be in mystery.

Cathy Yan did a good job with the action and the look of the film was good to see. Hopefully she does some more good work in the future. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1