DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Modi was blaming Nehru for everything.

I can't believe he still has supporters. How miserable you have to be support Modi even after this.

If Modi wins 2019 election, India should be officially declared mentally unstable 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Taruseth said:

Italy

Germany

France

Spain

USA

CH

Norway

Sweden

NL

DK

UK

BE

AT

27th Feb*^

7th March

6th March

8th March

9th March

11th March

12th March

13th

march

13th

march

684*

847*

1112*

1565**

2745^

10149*L

*^ Means starting date, the day it had around 600 cases.

*8am CET, ** all after this are 9pm CET due to the NRW (more than 40% of all cases) not reporting cases to RKI (on 10th and 11th March) so based on data collected by the local health institutes for each state.

^the number is 8 pm CET an apparently the 3pm RKI numbers is 2369

*L Means that new cases in the Lombardy are missing, but they all got added in during the next day

CH= Switzerland

NL= Netherlands

DK= Denmark

BE= Belgium

AT= Austria

2000+ new infections in Spain and in Italy! Germany almost 1000 new cases, France almost 800 new cases.

I think that the impact of this will go beyond the people that get infected and die and the economic problems following it, I also think this will hurt the EU as it showed that its completely unable to handle something like this.

Furthermore, regarding Germany, cases grow faster than in comparison to Italy – not a good sign, at least the past few days. And even school closures were decided by each state (there are 16 in Germany) (all but one reached a decision by now) and not by the central government, a federal republic at its best. Also, there are 17 pandemic emergency plans, one from Germany and one from each state (what a mess).

Seems like Germany is performing awfully. If the current trend continuous it should be past 10k cases on the 18th. Spain might be above that on Sunday evening.

Will most likely put them in a graph tomorrow.

When Italy reached the compareable numbers of Germany today, more than 50% of those persons needed to be hospitalized.  Again, those numbers only make sense in context.

Germany and many other european countries have, what Italy didn't: They are still able to track people coming back from holidays with symptoms, test them and quarantine contact persons. So those countries have a much better chance to find the infected persons than Italy does, that got hit out of the blue without a chance to track cases down from an early point.

It is highly probable, that Italy is the european country with the highest quote of undetected cases. By far. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, martin said:

well beer contain alcohol to sanitize,since apparantly all hand sanitizer already a lot gone from public...lol

You may as well use water, closer to that in alcohol percentage than the 70-80%+ you actually need for hand sanitizer to be effective haha. 

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Meat keeps in the freezer for quite a while, depending on the type.  I have quite a bit stored of different types, myself.

My meat isn’t frozen at all. 

West Virginia is the only state without a confirmed case. 31 tests have been submitted. 26 have turned up negative, while 5 have yet to be determined.

Considering how unhealthy people generally are in this area, I'm very surprised that we have not acquired a single case yet. Then again, we lack a dense population, and international travel is uncommon among state residents.

https://wchstv.com/news/local/wva-dhhr-says-21-tested-for-cornavirus-but-no-cases-confirmed-yet

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

23aheBq.jpg

hmm, my butt's been coughing

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Meat keeps in the freezer for quite a while, depending on the type.  I have quite a bit stored of different types, myself.

Yeah, “quantity of meat in my freezer” has been undergoing some exponential growth

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I think it started in December 2019 iirc,

There is some speculation that it started in november,

you have that First Covid-19 case happened in November, China government records show - report

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/first-covid-19-case-happened-in-november-china-government-records-show-report

Earliest case detected on 17 November,

And study on China social media that start seeing an augmentation of related keywords around that time.

2 minutes ago, freedom warrior benedict said:

does anyone know if they can contain the common cold with this approach too?

how similar is this virus and its relationship with the world compared to the common cold?

I would say that right now the relationship between this virus and the world is pretty toxic.

• Haha 3

The UK's strategy of letting less vulnerable people get infected to build herd immunity seems grossly irresponsible to me.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

The UK's strategy of letting less vulnerable people get infected to build herd immunity seems grossly irresponsible to me.

It reeks of "I'm the smartest person in the room" syndrome.

54 minutes ago, cannastop said:

which is kind of stupid considering that meat doesn't save for a long time.

Have you never frozen meat in your life (or known of hunter, people that buy half or full cow and so on ?)

USDA recommendation that are very much extremely of the safe side:

So the USDA recommends tossing uncooked roasts, steaks, and chops after a year in the freezer, and uncooked ground meat after just 4 months. Meanwhile, frozen cooked meat should go after 3 months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, freedom warrior benedict said:

does anyone know if they can contain the common cold with this approach too?

how similar is this virus and its relationship with the world compared to the common cold?

A common cold usually is an infection with rhinovirus and it's fairly contagious, as you can see here:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/ng-interactive/2014/oct/15/visualised-how-ebola-compares-to-other-infectious-diseases

So I guess that current measures will, for sure, have an impact when it comes to the flu or the cold in statistics. 

I hope China at least nukes the wet markets from orbit.

I doubt they're worth all this trouble.

7 minutes ago, freedom warrior benedict said:

what about with the cold?

Not toxic. I would say just more up and down.