DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

@Jason

@DAJK

@cax16

@baumer

I was wondering you think a Italy, Spain style lockdown will happen here in Canada and if it  does the logistics of it seem crazy?

Could it be city specific was we are a huge nation.

Like no reason to lock down Rural PEI... 

With the border closed now there might be a way to isolate the cases and work from there. But we'd need to be doing testing on the scale of ... 10x what we're doing right now I think. With drive-ins too. And lots of staying at home.

So basically what we're doing already but with more testing.

22 minutes ago, excel1 said:

we knew this was coming because we weren't testing. That number is super misleading. the actual case count in US is probably like 50k

More like 500k actually

times 27 seems to be the number going around (27x the confirmed cases) but seeing how pisspoor the testing is in the US, real multiplier's probably closer to 100x. The more testing is being done, the lower the multiplier.

From a study done in consultation with Stanford University School of Medicine, UAB School of Medicine, and the National Academy of Sciences:

According to South Korean and China human treatment guidelines, chloroquine is effective in treating COVID-19. Given chloroquine's human safety profile and existence, it can be implemented today in the U.S., Europe and the rest of the world. Medical doctors may be reluctant to prescribe chloroquine to treat COVID-19 since it is not FDA approved for this use. The United States of America and other countries should immediately authorize and indemnify medical doctors for prescribing chloroquine to treat COVID-19. We must explore whether chloroquine can safely serve as a preventative measure prior to infection of COVID-19 to stop further spread of this highly contagious virus.

26 minutes ago, excel1 said:

we knew this was coming because we weren't testing. That number is super misleading. the actual case count in US is probably like 50k

Exactly. As I posted yesterday, the US will officially go over 10k cases tomorrow and over 15k cases on Friday. In all reality there are way more. The actual number may be a lot higher than 50k now. It could be more like 100-200k. Hell, there may be 50k cases in NYC alone. Trump's lack of action was criminal. Testing is only now becoming available. If he had been on the situation, proper testing would have started a month or six weeks ago, at least.

Posted (edited)

If things continue to go the way they are,

India will have more than 100m virus cases by the end of March. 

The problem : Reported cases will be less than 5k.

Indian Government is reluctant to test. 

Edited by Madhuvan

Posted (edited)

This been posted yet? 

Just hope we didn’t do it too late.

Edited by Jordanstine

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DAJK said:

This stuff is why I'm saying it's stupid to go around claiming that 10% or even 4% of the entire global population is going to die. 

Did you know, 10.5% of the us population has diabetes?

Care to rethink your position?

Edited by doublejack

5 minutes ago, doublejack said:

Did you know, 10.5% of the us population has diabetes?

Care to rethink your position?

Until I see actual medical experts saying 10% of the human race is gonna die rather than a couple people on an internet forum, no I'm good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Until I see actual medical experts saying 10% of the human race is gonna die rather than a couple people on an internet forum, no I'm good. 

Read the Imperial College report. I was EXACTLY correct. What kills people in the worst case scenario is not really the virus itself, it is the lack of medical care. Millions would die when they would otherwise live in scenario where insufficient containment measures are in place.

Even if we find a great way to treat people with the disease the main problem remains though: If we have too many cases too fast hospitals and medical personal will be overwhelmed.

• Like 1

Canada still gonna announce more cases today? Looks like they've announced about 58 so far which seems kind of low to me

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Even if we find a great way to treat people with the disease the main problem remains though: If we have too many cases too fast hospitals and medical personal will be overwhelmed.

Yup, and hospitals slowly become dysfunctionnal hellholes.

Plenty of doctors and nurses and medical personal are contracting covid as I speak.

Serious Covid patients require enormous logistics, personal, equipment, space and organization.

Even the logistics of an ambulance transporting a serious covid patient from its home to the hospital is massive, all  transport personal must have complete protection equipment from head to toe.

You can't have a nurse going from a covid patient to a patient with other problems.

Meanwhile all the other patients with other diseases will become harder and harder to treat.

How long medical personal will be able to work under such durress and extreme circumstances ?

And I am not even talking about medicine shortages from molecules produced in China & india ...

I really really hope chloroquine can make a difference quickly  ...

Edited by The Futurist

8 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

😶

these are the same people that say "ok boomer" as though they are somehow smarter :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

😶

For the safety of his grandparents, I hope he breaks his leg.

• Sad 1

Man, I can’t believe everything went downhill so fast, now we are heading to a recession that could get worse, im so scared for the future. 

10 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

😶

if this guys gets it and kicks the bucket, I would consider it a overall  gain for the human race. One more set of stupid genes removed from the gene pool....

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

more good news, there are at least 5 drugs, that are very promising 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8126789/NHS-faces-pressure-trial-counter-anti-malaria-drug-coronavirus-patients.html

plans for large trials , are already underway, and if they are successfull, then that would be fantastic news 

ps in many countries

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People are hoping for some Silver Bullet that will make the virus go away in a couple of months;that is not going to happen. If an effective cure or vaccine were discovered tommorow, it would still take months for it to be available.