DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This is a potentially huge development. This could negate the need for all social distancing and greatly help with the ventilator shortage 

Doubtful to have any immediate impact.  Also, where are you quoting that from? I'd definitely like to have a read of that. It's possible there was already some background research into a cure months ago from China.

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, the First Quarter reports are going to cause another blood bath on Wall Street.

The economic fall out from the Virus is going to around for along time.

Actually q1 won't be a bloodbath.

Q2 will be a 10% drop or higher. Maybe 15-20%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theultimatebiu said:

Doubtful to have any immediate impact.  Also, where are you quoting that from? I'd definitely like to have a read of that. It's possible there was already some background research into a cure months ago from China.

This is a virus that's only really hurting faction of the population to begin with; if we have found a way to make it easy to treat for everybody else that would free up other resources to go to the vulnerable population?

These are the things that need to happen if we want to "turn the corner" by early April. 

9 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

It will take a long time for that promised "1 million tests" to happen, they said the same thing two weeks ago and again last week.

And I think there are already 1 million cases in the US.

Honestly hard to say. Positive test rate % will continue to plummet as tests are churned out. That's like 3% for the entire country. Definitely plausible

Yep 1 million test tweet from him was pure bullshit. CDC is still only doing a couple thousand tests and should be doing 50k per day by themselves. Private has stepped up HUGE

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And Trump was contradicted by the FDA head as to the speed.

Edited by dudalb

7 minutes ago, excel1 said:

I read it on Twitter so I take it as fact :)

God, you are joking, I hope.

• Like 1

I hope to God Trump is not putting pressure on the FDA to approve this for Corona without proper testing.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This is a virus that's only really hurting faction of the population to begin with; if we have found a way to make it easy to treat for everybody else that would free up other resources to go to the vulnerable population?

These are the things that need to happen if we want to "turn the corner" by early April. 

Well fortunately I don't think of people as expendable so we should be trying to reduce the fatalities period. We don't even know if this virus can mutate and start harming more people outside of the more vulnerable.

What we need now is logic, calm and humanitarian support.  I understand that isolation is not appealing but we are living through extraordinary times and we have to work together to look after our most vulnerable members of society...PERIOD.

Edited by theultimatebiu

Medical experts now contradicting Trump.

Yeah, I am writing this off to more Trump bluster.

I don't trust ANYTHNG Trump says.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I can't believe counting virus cases has now become an Olympics medal list for the year of 2020, how ironical in a Olympic year.

India lagging behind as in Olympics medal list.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I hope to God Trump is not putting pressure on the FDA to approve this for Corona without proper testing.

I'd wager a guess that Trump doesn't even know what "FDA" stands for.

Posted (edited)

I'm ready for the Summer Game.

1) Wonder Woman 1984 - 0 m
2) Black Widow - 0 m
3) Soul - 0 m
4) Tenet - 0 m
5) Minions 2 - 0 m
6) The Spongebob Movie - 0 m
7) Empty Man - 0 m
8 ) Scooby -  0 m
9) Fast and The Furious 9 - 0 m
10) Morbius - 0 m
11) Artemis Fowl - 0 m
12) Top Gun -  0 m
13) The Purge - 0 m
14) In The Heights - 0 m
15) Legally Blonde 3 - 0 m

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Italy

🔴 #Coronavirus, national update at 18

• Current cases: 33,190 (+4,480)
• Deceased: 3,405 (+427)
• Healed: 4,440 (+415)
• Hospitalized in Intensive Care: 2,498 (+241)

Total cases: 41,035 (+5,322, + 14.9%

• Sad 8

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Medical experts now contradicting Trump.

Yeah, I am writing this off to more Trump bluster.

I don't trust ANYTHNG Trump says.

Pretty much anytime Trump has a PC I ignore what he has to say and wait for Pence and mostly the medical professionals to speak. It is like 2 totally different press conferences.

The best thing that could happen is if they could actually keep Trump from talking but he always has to be the center of attention in his own mind so they will never get him to not be at a PC. Read an article that the PC on Sunday he originally was not going to speak (the one where he had the USA cap and was just wearing a blazer), it was just going to be an update by the professionals and then at the last minute he told them he was going to go with them and watch from the front row and then when they entered the Press Room he went straight to the podium and started talking.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Pretty much anytime Trump has a PC I ignore what he has to say and wait for Pence and mostly the medical professionals to speak. It is like 2 totally different press conferences.

The best thing that could happen is if they could actually keep Trump from talking but he always has to be the center of attention in his own mind so they will never get him to not be at a PC. Read an article that the PC on Sunday he originally was not going to speak (the one where he had the USA cap and was just wearing a blazer), it was just going to be an update by the professionals and then at the last minute he told them he was going to go with them and watch from the front row and then when they entered the Press Room he went straight to the podium and started talking.

That tweet quoted earlier in this thread  is BS. Trump has NOT authroized a drug for Corona Virus. The FDA is testing.

I love his whole "Well, if it does not work it won't kill anybody " quote.

Edited by dudalb

People here are so anxious for good news they are not really thinking things through.

Canada has more than 770 confirmed and presumptive cases of COVID-19, an illness caused by a new coronavirus that first emerged in China. The number of cases has been increasing daily, sparking concern about the capacity of Canada's health-care systems and prompting provinces to cancel classes, call for the closure of some businesses and introduce rules to promote social distancing.

The Public Health Agency of Canada said Wednesday that almost 54,000 tests have been performed to date. Speaking outside Rideau Cottage on Thursday, Justin Trudeau acknowledged that the need for test kits is growing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/coronavirus-covid-19-canada-world-march19-1.5502505

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Italy

🔴 #Coronavirus, national update at 18

• Current cases: 33,190 (+4,480)
• Deceased: 3,405 (+427)
• Healed: 4,440 (+415)
• Hospitalized in Intensive Care: 2,498 (+241)

Total cases: 41,035 (+5,322, + 14.9%

The one (and tragically one thing only) to take from this is we know now given the discrepancy between the +4,480 confirmed new cases and the +241 intensive care cases that much more tests are being done in many areas, with much less waiting until hospitalised. 

From that I don't think we can take it that the huge number of reported new cases means the social isolation isn't working, so much as they're working through an enormous number of people who were already in hospitals and at home reporting symptoms. 

I hope. The death rates will stay the same or climb for another 5 days or so. If it doesn't start going down after a week is the time to hit a new level of concern.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 2