DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

44 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

WTH are they doing in the UK? Are they that dumb?

Its not only your country dude. 

Posted (edited)

We're now in complete lockdown with curfews from 5PM-4AM. Anyone caught outside is subject to a $30,000 fine and a 3 year prison sentence. Good. 

If you can't respect or appreciate being on lockdown for two to three weeks (no matter how infuriating it may be), then you deserve to get infected. Honestly, being quite bored for a few weeks to a couple of months is a tiny price to pay for the greater good. 

Just be grateful you have a roof over your head, food in your fridge and cupboards, the internet, and your phone to talk to your family and friends. 

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, a2k said:

govt: stay indoor

people: leave indore

Having studied in Indore, can confirm no one wants to be stuck there if they can help it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, juni78ukr said:

I can't believe people in their right minds can still talk about so called herd immunity. There is not even a slightest proof that such thing exists.  And they still dont realize that even 0.01% of population with virus is more than enough to overload any health system.  It's more like a pathetic excuse. Well, if we fail with all our measures it might be not that bad. 

I'm going to assume you meant it doesn't exist when it comes to coronavirus 'cause it does exists with other viruses. Like measles.

Greece starting from 6am tomorrow morning is on lockdown.

New Cases Today: +94 (an increase of +59 from yesterday)

New Deaths: 2

Total Cases: 624

Total Deaths: 15

2 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

I can't believe people in their right minds can still talk about so called herd immunity. There is not even a slightest proof that such thing exists.  And they still dont realize that even 0.01% of population with virus is more than enough to overload any health system.  It's more like a pathetic excuse. Well, if we fail with all our measures it might be not that bad. 

Really, I thought it was a very common and well known effect by now ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

0.01% of the population with this virus (if it is not agglomerated to the elderly), considering that maybe 50% would have no to extremely mild symptoms and 80% of those with symptoms being regular flu would not necessarily be overloading of system.

Chance are good that many country are way above that 0.01% numbers right now, 0.86% of Iceland probably has it for example, 86 time your figure.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Tell that to the UK treasury. And I'd certainly park any 'it won't get that bad' predictions given the rate of escalation in the last couple of weeks.

I’m saying this because at the core is a fundamental misunderstanding of what made the Great Depression so bad.

We’ll certainly see an immediate short term impact that looks disastrous, but this is coming from an external demand shock.  Under the Great Depression, our fundamental financial institutions failed (as well counterproductive action taken by the federal governments at the time), which was an internal shock and was a primary reason for what made the Great Depression so long lasting.

There is lots of uncertainty over how bad this recession may or may not be and what the long term implications are.  But to say we’re looking at a depression that not only rivals but exceeds the Great Depression is unfounded fear mongering and misinformation given the information that we do have.

(I am not saying this to discourage action to help stimulate the economy, but the fact that people’s beliefs based in fear alone can cause them to act out and do things that make situations worse.  Believing society is about to collapse, which is what a depression of that scale entails, is not beneficial at this time nor is true)

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 3

Why am I not surprised? You can't trust anything on the internet.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Why am I not surprised? You can't trust anything on the internet

Not a big surprise indeed (because EndGame did that and was a very popular movie), I did thought of : Pollution level and the situation is really overrated if 1-2 week of economic slowdown reverse it that much.

And could make people stop caring about environmental cause if those news happen to be true (with some, in 2120 after a year of clean energy everything will go back to normal for nature)

2 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

Herd Immunity exist..it

s a standard biological fact....but it takes times, lots of time,we are talking years.

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lmao, some guy on reddit, who clearly seems like a nationalist, called me an islam apologist and a racist for saying that this whole clapping shit is nonsense.

"If you got Corona and you know it, clap your hands"...

22 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I’m saying this because at the core is a fundamental misunderstanding of what made the Great Depression so bad.

We’ll certainly see an immediate short term impact that looks disastrous, but this is coming from an external demand shock.  Under the Great Depression, our fundamental financial institutions failed (as well counterproductive action taken by the federal governments at the time), which was an internal shock and was a primary reason for what made the Great Depression so long lasting.

There is lots of uncertainty over how bad this recession may or may not be and what the long term implications are.  But to say we’re looking at a depression that not only rivals but exceeds the Great Depression is unfounded fear mongering and misinformation given the information that we do have.

(I am not saying this to discourage action to help stimulate the economy, but the fact that people’s beliefs based in fear alone can cause them to act out and do things that make situations worse.  Believing society is about to collapse, which is what a depression of that scale entails, is not beneficial at this time nor is true)

No worries on stimulating economy. Over 3 trillion will be added at least

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Really, I thought it was a very common and well known effect by now ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

0.01% of the population with this virus (if it is not agglomerated to the elderly), considering that maybe 50% would have no to extremely mild symptoms and 80% of those with symptoms being regular flu would not necessarily be overloading of system.

Chance are good that many country are way above that 0.01% numbers right now, 0.86% of Iceland probably has it for example, 86 time your figure.

53 578 cases in Italy. That's less than 0.1% from entire population. More in most affected regions, much less in others. Health system already nearly collapsed at least a week ago.  And I'm not talking about herd immunity overall. Besides that effect is for mass vaccination not for spreading the virus. And we can't take everything for granted with the virus no one knew it even existed 4 months ago. 

1 hour ago, a2k said:

ETt60OcU8AAyOiw?format=jpg&name=medium

As scientific as Modi's cloud-radar theory. :rofl:

Really hope this whatsapp msg is sarcasm but can't ever be sure.

I always thought religious nutjob Modi would get millions of Indians killed,but I thought it would be by fumbling into a nuclear exchange with Pakistan. Looks as though he will do it through mishandling  of the Corona 19 virus, though.

He is handling this worse then Trump;I can't think of worse thing to say about him.

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Italy reports 5,560 new cases of and 651 new deaths

Please let yesterday be the peak..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Please let yesterday be the peak..

No chance, their prediction is for the lockdown to start having an effect (the increase in daily cases gets smaller) in one week. The peak would be some time after that.

At least it declined today.

Edited by MrGlass2

Italy is a lock for 100k plus cases but that shouldn't be scary.