DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Way to go Canada ❤️ 

"The COC and CPC urgently call on the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to postpone the Games for one year and we offer them our full support in helping navigate all the complexities that rescheduling the Games will bring. While we recognize the inherent complexities around a postponement, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our athletes and the world community," the statement said.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4

You can tell which people have loved ones in their lives that could be severely affected by this thing and which people don't. The one thing I will tell the latter group is that I pray that you never have to endure a situation where you fear your loved one getting sick and dying from "just a virus" everyday  while watching a bunch of brats complain about how their spring break is getting ruined. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, A Marvel Fanboy said:

The US is doomed. They should have acted in January when China breakout happened yet they did nothing, for nearly two months. Market will drop another 50%.  So disappointed.

Someone else noted that this is a massive failure of financial markets, that they didn't respond almost at all to this until the second half of February, and even the beginnings of that was partly in response to Sanders showing strength in the primaries, not the virus.

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

New Zealand going into basically full lockdown in 48 hours.

urD4wV4.png

It's definitely the right thing to do but I can't say the prospect of a minimum of four weeks of this isn't daunting.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Way to go Canada ❤️ 

"The COC and CPC urgently call on the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to postpone the Games for one year and we offer them our full support in helping navigate all the complexities that rescheduling the Games will bring. While we recognize the inherent complexities around a postponement, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our athletes and the world community," the statement said.

Peace,

Mike

It's going to be like what happened with the NCAA  Basketball Tournament.."March Madness" in the US: the major conferences cancelled their seasons said they would not send their atheletes,,and the NCAA had no choice but to cancel.

If a few major countries just say they are not going to  send their atheletes, the games will sort of postpone themselves, no matter what the Olympic Commitee and the Japanese Governement say.

I, like many Americans, were dissaponted..March Madness is one of the most fun major sports events (making out your brackets becomes a national obssession) but it was the right decision.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, MattW said:

Someone else noted that this is a massive failure of financial markets, that they didn't respond almost at all to this until the second half of February, and even the beginnings of that was partly in response to Sanders showing strength in the primaries, not the virus.

And the Sanders effect was a minor blip compared to this.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, narniadis said:

I want to 🤦‍♂️ everytime Trump speaks these days but my head would hurt 

everytime I listen to him address the nation, I just get the feeling that he doesn't give a shit about anything except maybe the dow jones. 

43 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

So, Texas and Florida are still waiting to implement statewide stay at home orders?

Our Governor (Texas) has repeatedly stated that he doesnt feel its in our best interest 🤷‍♂️ 

Dallas as done their own effective tomorrow. Cant see it going too much longer state wide but then, what do I know. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Killimano3 said:

I think most of the general public honestly believed a pandemic was virtually impossible with modern health care advantage. Nobody ever thought “huh maybe we should plan for that”. Sure there were experts and people who warned everyone but most people likely just thought “yeah okay that literally hasn't happened in 100 years and now we have such good medicine that'll never happen”

Yup, that was the mindset of basically everybody ( from the spring breaker to virologists and everybody in between), that s why the pointing finger game & the party line games are easy and useless.

From Trump to the biggest progressists of europe, they all had that mindset.

Pandemics were a thing of long past.

There are keynotes on youtube of Bill Gates where he stated mutiple times the thing our modern world was not prepared at all at was a new, unpredicable worldwide pandemic.

Propably because he studied the pandemics that still kill millions in some parts of the world even today as part of his philantropic activities.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

We really need to be national lockdown. Close down all domestic and international borders. Give everyone money and free medicare.    

People are more important than the economy. 

Tell that to the 1%. They're shaking in their boots because their luxurious lives are about to come crashing down.