DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Yup, Indians are actually taking precautions this time. 

idk cant tell right now.

Im predicting the same fate as Iran, Italy in raw numbers for the next 10-12 day timeline (which would be OK-ish purely going by Indian statistics context)

Hope the trend deviates negatively by April when lock down shows its results hopefully 

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Translation: No new case in Delhi in last 24 hours. 5 cases have been cured. Though not the time to be happy yet. Our biggest challenge is to not let the situation go out of hand from here.

Alright forget whatever I said in my last reply 

Inhone mazaak bana rakha test ke naam pe

8 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Alright forget whatever I said in my last reply 

Inhone mazaak bana rakha test ke naam pe

Swine Flu killed 3k in 2009, this ain't crossing 1k IMO. Barely 10 deaths so far and country with curfew now and younger population, we will be fine.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
9 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Im sorry but this both side nonsense is complete trump apologist bullshit. It’s not like the person doing the othering is some random right wing person, its the freaking president of the US.

I'm not being a Trump apologist whatsoever, I can't believe that man is the freaking leader of the United States, and I really do feel sorry for the people in that country who are going to suffer due to him being a fucking idiot. 

And what in my post even explicitly addressed Trump other than the fact that I was commenting on how people need to stop 'othering'? I was talking about Canada, and people I've witnessed in Canada, nothing to do with the United States. I get that there are a lot of people on here from the United States, but not every post someone is making has to do explicitly with your country. 

And please, I don't want anyone to twist this into a "dajk hates the United States" or "dajk loves Trump" because if anyone does that, they clearly haven't been reading what I'm writing, just cherry picking and taking anything I say out of context. I don't live in the United States, so I can't really comment firsthand on what's going on down there, I only know the situations that are going on here in my country. That doesn't mean I hate your country, or that I love your dumbass President, but of course I'm going to turn some of my posts into something that is relevant to me and where I live, just like everyone on here is (rightfully) doing. 

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Porthos said:

Hope at the very very least. the voting provisions in the House bill make it through the legislative grinder:

Coz if this thing lingers or worse makes a re-appearance in the fall, the last thing I want to have happen is state health boards canceling elections due to coronavirus. Or Trump attempting shenanigans, including trying to delay things via the courts.

Dems should be as big proponents of easy voting for primaries too! Mail in ballots for every state during primaries is a must. FL, IL, AZ primaries should have been cancelled.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Swine Flu killed 3k in 2009, this ain't crossing 1k IMO. Barely 10 deaths so far and country with curfew now and younger population, we will be fine.

How can we be sure there hasn't been asymptomatic transmission especially as lot of us live in joint families with different age groups. Images of migrant workers thronging trains and buses last week wasn't satisfying :(

1 minute ago, a2k said:

How can we be sure there hasn't been asymptomatic transmission especially as lot of us live in joint families with different age groups. Images of migrant workers thronging trains and buses last week wasn't satisfying :(

That won't be reported anywhere just like every other disease.

Swine Flu had only 45k reported cases with 3k deaths. Mortality rate worldwide was less than 0.0035% 😂, going by that India had perhaps 7mn cases.

• Like 1

Good news from India...

11 Italian tourists recover from Covid-19, released (src)

GURUGRAM: Eleven Italian tourists, among the first patients of Covid-19 to be admitted in Indian hospitals, have made a full recovery. Medanta, the superspecialty private hospital where they were being treated, said on Monday all 11 had been discharged and handed over to the Italian embassy.

Overall, 37 coronavirus patients have fully recovered in India.

So, India has stopped testing. Very few cases today. This doesn't match with any country trend. 

Something is definitely fishy. 

Can't point my finger because there is no data? 

Suddenly Coronavirus disappeared from India. 

3 hours ago, peludo said:

Data are updated at 12:00 (CET+1) every day by Government.

By Monday we had:

33,089 positive cases (+4,517 relative to Sunday) +15.8%

2,182 deaths (+457)

3,355 people healed (+780)

I am reading that the trend is worse than in Italy (let's remember that the spread started earlier in Italy than here), and that Madrid region could became worse than Lombardy.

I will update within about 4 hours with today's data.

Spain - Tuesday 12:00 (CET+1):

39,673 positive cases (+6,584 relative to Monday) +19.9%

2,696 deaths (+514) +23.6%

3,794 people healed (+439) +13.1%

• Sad 3
7 hours ago, Porthos said:

Hope at the very very least. the voting provisions in the House bill make it through the legislative grinder:

Coz if this thing lingers or worse makes a re-appearance in the fall, the last thing I want to have happen is state health boards canceling elections due to coronavirus. Or Trump attempting shenanigans, including trying to delay things via the courts.

Only Congress can change the federal election date

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1