DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

33 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Why people on this forum care so much about...India 😂 Don't get me wrong. i appreciate India. Its a big country but every time i open the thread i see India news and they are not even in top10 most affected countries.

Because a lot of the  people who post here are from India?

Easter Sunday? Blatent appealing to the Fundy Christians in his following.

One reason we are in the mess we are in is so many Americans reject science because it clashes with a two thousand year old book of fairy tales.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Why people on this forum care so much about...India 😂 Don't get me wrong. i appreciate India. Its a big country but every time i open the thread i see India news and they are not even in top10 most affected countries.

As far as we know... Testing is limited. A country as big as India not taking serious measures against the pandemic would be a disaster for the entire world. So the lockdown there is great news for everyone.

32 minutes ago, a2k said:

Trump targeting Easter Sunday to re-open US Econ https://video.foxnews.com/v/6144405091001#sp=show-clips

At least that's backing off March 31...and will probably give time to actually see if the lock down is working...

I don't expect anything easing by Apr 12, either...but I guess you have to give hope to folks that things will ease, b/c I do have friends that are echoing both sides of this (I fall on the "stay home stupid" side, but people I wouldn't expect agree with me...and disagree with me...it's not falling on partisan lines by me, but more "dual income/ can't homeschool or stay home" family and "I own a small business" lines on one side vs others...although I also know seniors who just wanna go live vs those who just want everyone staying home...)...and I'd almost say part of the lines are "is my family driving me nuts" or not...

PS - I know this is affecting some mentally, since I got an anonymous nasty gram from a person in my own neighborhood on Sunday b/c I let my kids play outside my door, and don't you know corona is everywhere in my neighborhood?  I think the lady (definitely women's handwriting) is freaking out and she won't let her own kid outside...and this is driving her doubly up a wall...b/c we have no corona cases in my neighborhood...so, I'm seeing and hearing everything...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Canada, I saw an article where your boy established a hotline that people can call to report people performing suspicious behavior during these times. I just want to remind you that THAT is a monumentally stupid idea. Yours truly, an individual surrounded by gun crazed neighborhood watch people. NEVER entertain that option. More lives will be destroyed before they are saved with that bullshit.

Edited by ThePhasmid
2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

One reason we are in the mess we are in is so many Americans reject science because it clashes with a two thousand year old book of fairy tales.

I think that's a optimistic target for back to work, but would still ban any events/gatherings for another month.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Leave it to Trump to "send Americans back to work" on a Sunday... the one day out of the week when tens of million of Americans automatically don't work anyway.

What Trump is saying is just so so surreal that I can't imagine him actually following through with it. I mean, the dude's only in it for himself, and as soon as he realizes the political backlash he's going to get if he goes through with this, he'll pump the breaks... hopefully.

Honestly though, stranger things have happened, so who fucking knows. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

“Bill Gates says we can’t restart the economy soon and simply ‘ignore that pile of bodies over in the corner’”

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/3/24/21192638/coronavirus-bill-gates-trump-reopen-business

One of the most incredible transformations I have seen is Gates from a self centered stereotype of a geek to a genuine Humantarian.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

looks like clapping didn't work.

gau mutra spray from 21 days from helicopters?

So you mean to tell me this didn't do anything? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DAJK said:

What Trump is saying is just so so surreal that I can't imagine him actually following through with it. I mean, the dude's only in it for himself, and as soon as he realizes the political backlash he's going to get if he goes through with this, he'll pump the breaks... hopefully.

Honestly though, stranger things have happened, so who fucking knows. 

But his base eats it up.

What you have to understand is his base only watches Fox News and rejects any other source of news as evil leftest propaganda.

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Would it not be simply because it was a Sunday figure or something like that, maybe every 7 days there is a testing going down pattern it look like (the 7000 something going to 3889).

What's the source for the number of tests that are taken every day in Italy?

It would be interesting to know the today's number of tests.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

But his base eats it up.

What you have to understand is his base only watches Fox News and rejects any other source of news as evil leftest propaganda.

See, now I've gotten myself all wound up. This is why I've taken such a very dim view of religion in the past few years. Where do people get the idea that one source of information, let's say an old book that's a collection of writings, is the gold standard and all contradictory information is to be ignored?

It's like a predisposition to brainwashing. Once the mind has been trained to think this way it is relatively easy for entities like the GOP and Fox News to exploit that. They just have to convince you they're right. No proof is needed, just a bunch of stories and a strong dose of charisma.

• Like 1

I feel like the less fortunate are being targeted here. Those who are struggling to feed themselves and their loved ones are treated like enemies of the cause. They have to go outside. They have to shop for their children, parents, and partners with preexisting ailments. Telling the MAJORITY to "stay inside" requires a bit more nuance right now. I don't see that happening when our leaders are literally yelling at people walking outside. SHAME ON YOU.

You can't test us. You can't feed us. You can't shelter us. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT US TO DO? With what little we have, we must brave the very thing you tell us not to do.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm a little confused. Do people in the US actually use religion as a way to legitimize their decision to support Trump in this virus issue? I think they are blindly following Trump, but where does religion come up?