Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Look at Trump's approval rating. Seriously I think he may win in November.


It’s crisis polling, it’ll be fairly temporary. 
 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yep he'll blame liberalism and globalism on New York. It's gonna work sadly.

But before the election the coronavirus will ravage every US state until they shut down, if they wait.

18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Whenever you get any thought about a leader in West being bad, just hold that thought because you haven't met legends in East.

That may be true but I meant, Worst Leader with respect to the current covid crisis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There is a "rally around the flag" that happens during crises. Despite that, he's at 45% when any other President would be over 70 at least. Wisconsin and Arizona will decide who will be President without needing to wait for Florida.

This. Even with his boosted approval right now he's still losing to Biden overall and in swing counties in polls. 2016 was about both Trump and Hillary, but the 2020 election will be all about Trump. He won't be able to skate by on low favorability like he did last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that W's rating went up from low 50s to high 88s immediately after 9/11. Slowly trickled down from there for the rest of his time in office, ending in the low 30s.

 

Trump's rating has a higher floor than Bush but a vastly lower ceiling. If Trump get's a 3-5 point boost now, that's nothing compared to the inflation that W received in time of national crisis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Remember that W's rating went up from low 50s to high 88s immediately after 9/11. Slowly trickled down from there for the rest of his time in office, ending in the low 30s.

 

Trump's rating has a higher floor than Bush but a vastly lower ceiling. If Trump get's a 3-5 point boost now, that's nothing compared to the inflation that W received in time of national crisis.

"Rally around the flag". Normally people would not say anything against the President in times like these, that clearly isn't the case right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Menor said:

This. Even with his boosted approval right now he's still losing to Biden overall and in swing counties in polls. 2016 was about both Trump and Hillary, but the 2020 election will be all about Trump. He won't be able to skate by on low favorability like he did last time.

Yes. Biden will never incite the instant, visceral widespread conservative rage and hatred that Hilary did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

That may be true but I meant, Worst Leader with respect to the current covid crisis.

you don't have leaders recommending drinking and bathing cow urine for cure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:


It’s crisis polling, it’ll be fairly temporary. 
 

 

Don't get too excited. Hillary had a similar lead at this point in the race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Menor said:

This. Even with his boosted approval right now he's still losing to Biden overall and in swing counties in polls. 2016 was about both Trump and Hillary, but the 2020 election will be all about Trump. He won't be able to skate by on low favorability like he did last time.

Yep.

 

Today was a brutal day. But I'm sure that won't stop Donald from holding another rally-disguised-as-press-conference tomorrow saying the country will be back up and running a week from tomorrow (April Fools' to everyone who actually buys it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The New Avenger ?

This video has one week.

Just published a new one today saying he continues to treat his patients with this method.

He is the most reknown virologist regarding chloroquine , treated 4 000 patients with it against all sorts of nasty bugs in a 30 year old career.

Choroquin was approved by the FDA in 1949, and was used on more the  one billion people againt tropical diseases. (malaria, paludism)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:


It’s crisis polling, it’ll be fairly temporary. 
 

 

 

Biden doesn't look good physically and mentally. He is winning the Democratic primary only because he was Obama's VP. That won't help him in the GE against Trump when the campaigning starts. Trump's entire base is completely intact and all he has to do is to make Biden more unpopular and he wins the middle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TLK said:

 

Biden doesn't look good physically and mentally. He is winning the Democratic primary only because he was Obama's VP. That won't help him in the GE against Trump when the campaigning starts. Trump's entire base is completely intact and all he has to do is to make Biden more unpopular and he wins the middle.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

 

Go down to the new deaths per day.  It is now doubling every 2 days.  That means by this weekend we'll be over 1000 deaths a day... the next weekend over 10,000 per day.

 

That will accelerate as hospitals become overloaded.

 

We are no where near the peak.

 

Go look at what the stock market: https://money.cnn.com/data/markets/dow/

 

It has lost almost 30% of it's value.  It's no where near the bottom.

 

The banks are predicting a 30% GDP drop next quarter; 

https://fortune.com/2020/03/23/morgan-stanley-goldman-sachs-estimate-coronavirus-economic-pain/

 

In the worst quarter of the 2007-2009 dropped ~8%

 

The middle will vote a fucking stone over Trump after this summar.

  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.