DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

4 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

yep that's another hope ... atm there's obviously still a 25% fault possibility with those test so they're really no use at all except maybe for statistical purposes (which nobody has time for, obviously, just now)

Have coronavirus antibody tests been used yet? I have no info on their accuracy. Just that they will be shipped to coronavirus workers next week and that the UK has bought 3.5 million of them.

31 minutes ago, CJohn said:

These European lockdowns are nearly useless. Every country is still jumping a lot in new cases day by day. We are all going to be Italys, it is not a matter of "If" but "When".

I think we can't jump to this conclusion after less than 2 weeks of lockdowns in most countries. If one or two weeks from now daily increases are still in the +15-20% range then we can start to question the effectivity of the government actions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PDC1987 said:

Isn't NY doing the most aggressive testing?

Washington is of by at least 4000 cases. They basically stopped testing

27 minutes ago, Andreas said:

I believe you're right. To think both Lombardy and the region around Madrid have some of the best health care there is in Europe... it's gonna get bad

What part of "How much worse would it have been without the lockdowns " don't you guys get?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

End of April? Seems on track to happen while we’re in single digits of April.

We're doomed.

The fast food workers still have to go to work without sick leave. They'll probably get infected and infect others themselves.    

The warehouse peeps work w/o sick leave and distribute our package goods.

Don't have enough medical supplies for the nurses and doctors to effectively treat their patients. Which makes our caretakers sick. 

Some people still traveling in public transportation b/c they have to work. 

Then you got people who won't see a doctor b/c the treatment would put too big of a debt into their livelihoods. 

Infestation all around.   

My friend had to make a business trip a few days ago and there were like tons of people passing without mask or gloves.  
TSA doesn't check jack. 

2 hours ago, a2k said:

Why is NY so ahead? Edit: NYC I guess but there are other big metros (Chicago, LA) too.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ (Top 5 states)

USA
State
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Active
Cases
Source
New York 37,738 +4,772 385 +19 35,836 [source] [source] [source] [source] [source] [source
New Jersey 6,876 +2,474 81 +19 6,795 [source] [source] [source] [source
California 3,718 +720 78 +13 3,632 [source] [source] [source
Michigan 2,856 +561 60 +17 2,791 [source] [source] [source
Washington 2,588   132   2,332 [source] [source] [source] [source

California has been lagging behind in testing, but they will(and already have started to) see a huge increase in the next few days. There are 57,400 test results pending as of 2 PM yesterday.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/NR20-034.aspx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

What part of "How much worse would it have been without the lockdowns " don't you guys get?

Yeah, to put it in perspective, without these measures, there would be more UK fatalities in the next 4 months than there were in the whole 6 years of world war 2....including military deaths.

Just let that sink in !

• Not Cool 1

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Lockdowns won't last forever. Imo, in order to save the economy, all countries will at some point "reopen", just like Trump wants to do for Easter. That's when all hell will break loose.. these current measures are temporary

• Sad 1

If these social distancing things aren’t really working according to European countries, than I think Trump should re-open the country. Not many people will be happy to be locked up for 2-3 weeks. The planet could blink us out of existence. We need to stop living in fear.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 2

24 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Yeah, to put it in perspective, without these measures, there would be more UK fatalities in the next 4 months than there were in the whole 6 years of world war 2....including military deaths.

Just let that sink in !

Yes, in many Europeans countries the situation is terrible, but it's a long way from a worst case scenario...which without the lockdowns you would have had.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

If these social distancing things aren’t really working according to European countries, than I think Trump should re-open the country. Not many people will be happy to be locked up for 2-3 weeks. The planet could blink us out of existence. We need to stop living in fear.

They are coming out of the woodwork today.

Social Distancing is what worked in China and in South Korea. If they had applied it earlier it would have save more lives

And I love phony macho in the above post.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 2

People want some quick and easy solution to this. There isn't one.

The callousness of the "let people die " attitude is disgusting. It's 'Internet Tough Guy" ism at is worst, masquerading as "realism".

• Like 3

I apologize for losing my temper, but the nonsense that has shown up here in the past hour is getting to me.

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Stfu. Not everyone is a mental robot like you who can adjust to living in self-quarantine for 14-21 days. 

I’m truly sorry if you’re having a hard time being quarantined but I believe in the end a lot more lives will be saved if people listen and don’t go out.

In my opinion if we didn’t have these lockdowns in place all over the world things would look way worse and it would take that much longer to try and get through this. 

• Thanks 1

Isn't it pretty obvious, that measures in Europe already work? Italy pretty much reached linear growth now in terms of new cases per day. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, cax16 said:

I’m truly sorry if you’re having a hard time being quarantined but I believe in the end a lot more lives will be saved if people listen and don’t go out.

In my opinion if we didn’t have these lockdowns in place all over the world things would look way worse and it would take that much longer to try and get through this. 

Thank you.

It's no fun for me either, but compared to catching the virus or giving it to another person.......

Just now, Poseidon said:

Isn't it pretty obvious, that measures in Europe already work? Italy pretty much reached linear growth now in terms of new cases per day. 

That they work was already shown in CHina and Korea.

People want a quick fix, there is none.

I’m more worried about the psychological effects of this Covid-19 14-21 day quarantine will have on the roughly 40-50 million people who suffer from Anxiety issues in the USA. Not to mention countless more people who will now have anxiety issues bc of it. Not to mention Depression of many people who will be losing jobs et al. I haven’t been on anxiety medication in 10 years. I had to be put on low dose Hydroxyzine for anxiety bc of this lockdown. A friend who works at a pharmacy said they filled a record amount of Anxiety meds yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I’m more worried about the psychological effects of this Covid-19 14-21 day quarantine will have on the roughly 40-50 million people who suffer from Anxiety issues in the USA. Not to mention countless more people who will now have anxiety issues bc of it. Not to mention Depression of many people who will be losing jobs et al. I haven’t been on anxiety medication in 10 years. I had to be put on low dose Hydroxyzine for anxiety bc of this lockdown. A friend who works at a pharmacy said they filled a record amount of Anxiety meds yesterday. 

This is really tough for so many, I’m sorry you’re struggling.  It’s definitely not going to be easy to get through but just try and see the light at the end of the tunnel. And by you staying in, you’re potentially saving lives. 

I’ve had some rough days as well the last few weeks but I’m just trying to stay positive as tough as that is in these times. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

And you think lifting restrictions will relieve anxiety issues?

When the death toll skyrockets, people will be more anxious then ever.

What an acceptable death toll for a return to normality/

Not that a return to normaltiy is possible while the disease is still spreading.

• Like 1