DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

This is really tough for so many, I’m sorry you’re struggling.  It’s definitely not going to be easy to get through but just try and see the light at the end of the tunnel. And by you staying in, you’re potentially saving lives. 

I’ve had some rough days as well the last few weeks but I’m just trying to stay positive as tough as that is in these times. 

And it's better to have few mental issues then to be dead.

19 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Stfu. Not everyone is a mental robot like you who can adjust to living in self-quarantine for 14-21 days. 

Literally everyone can adjust to it. Get your supplies, and do it. As has been said, your grandparents were asked to go to war, you are being asked to sit on your couch.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

More idiocy from the President of Mexico:Poor people are immune from the virus:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/americas/mexico-coronavirus-luis-miguel-barbosa-intl/index.html

He is basically a left wing version of the moron in Brazil and just as batcrap crazy.

I was wrong.It's not the President of Mexico but a Governor  of an Mexican state. But it's not much worse then the President's "It's only a flu" statements.

Edited by dudalb

8 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I’m more worried about the psychological effects of this Covid-19 14-21 day quarantine will have on the roughly 40-50 million people who suffer from Anxiety issues in the USA. Not to mention countless more people who will now have anxiety issues bc of it. Not to mention Depression of many people who will be losing jobs et al. I haven’t been on anxiety medication in 10 years. I had to be put on low dose Hydroxyzine for anxiety bc of this lockdown. A friend who works at a pharmacy said they filled a record amount of Anxiety meds yesterday. 

i have both the virus and anxiety now, made worse by not being able to be tested , yeah America 

For those who’re frustrated or anxious about self-isolating, consider this (excerpt from a longer and very worthwhile thread):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moderation 

Could everyone please try and remain calm? Don’t panic. Social distancing and a period of lockdown will work. It’s worked everywhere it has been tried. 

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One of the keys for a return to some degree of normalcy before a vaccine is available is regular, correct hand washing. Every retail outlet, bar, cinema, office desk, form of public transport. Everything! Needs to have hand sanitiser and/or hand washing facilities. 

If everyone regularly washes their hands correctly and avoids touching their face there’ll be no way for the virus to propagate. 

This also involves shaming people who don’t wash there hands. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Literally everyone can adjust to it. Get your supplies, and do it. As has been said, your grandparents were asked to go to war, you are being asked to sit on your couch.

As someone noted, givne how the millinials spend most of their time on the couch or on the computer, it;s like they were made for this.

Nobody is asking them to Storm Omaha Beach, Land on Iwo Jima,or fly a B 17 over Schweinfurt ...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And it's better to have few mental issues then to be dead.

Tell that to an Italian nurse who killed herself bc she contracted Covid-19.

Just now, KJsooner said:

So what do you want: Just leave people to die?

5 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

One of the keys for a return to some degree of normalcy before a vaccine is available is regular, correct hand washing. Every retail outlet, bar, cinema, office desk, form of public transport. Everything! Needs to have hand sanitiser and/or hand washing facilities. 

If everyone regularly washes their hands correctly and avoids touching their face there’ll be no way for the virus to propagate. 

This also involves shaming people who don’t wash there hands. 

Did I miss the day when the main way of infection wasn't by droplet infection? 
Washing your hands is good and all, but it won't save you from walking through a cloud of coughed out Virus droplets.

5 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

In that case the nurse wasn't scared of being quarantined and suffering from anxiety. She thought she had spread the disease to her patients possibly killing them, and was feeling guilty.

A guilt btw that normal non-medical professionals can easily avoid by staying inside away from people...

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

I wouldn't be too quick to judge on what the crisis does to mental health. Maybe it actually can work as kind of a cure instead. 

Maybe we are able to change perspective from here on. Only time will tell. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

I wouldn't be too quick to judge on what the crisis does to mental health. Maybe it actually can work as kind of a cure instead. 

My perspective has already changed. Before the virus, I was going out of my way to not be around anyone. Now, I'm kicking myself.

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

There are gonna be a shitload of people with PTSD. :( 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

These people don't give a damn about "mental health", they sure didn't before the covid crisis. They just want to reopen the economy and tell grandparents to hide or die, the mental health thing is just a talking point.

• Like 1

That's a nasty jump in the daily US death toll. Already at 9 pm EST.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

No way it hits 1M officially. that requires 10M tests at minimum or more. But including those untested one might already be close if we go by 10x more infected than reported. 

Rumors for china was 1000x greater than reported. so 80m cases and 3m deaths.  

I was debating my uncle yesterday...he's convinced that over ten million people died. Where have you heard that it was actually 1000x greater than reported? 

EDIT: I could believe 8m cases...but 80m is too insane.

Edited by Noctis