DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

So far, 77 deaths here in Brazil.

There are plans to reopen shops and other things. Our Economy is different. Many people are already losing jobs and they won't have any Money left to buy food and pay bills. 

It seems we'll have a different approach. Whoever is part of the "risk group" ( Young people and old people with previous diseases ) will have to stay at home, while the others will slowly come back to work, but not at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So far, 77 deaths here in Brazil.

There are plans to reopen shops and other things. Our Economy is different. Many people are already losing jobs and they won't have any Money left to buy food and pay bills. 

It seems we'll have a different approach. Whoever is part of the "risk group" ( Young people and old people with previous diseases ) will have to stay at home, while the others will slowly come back to work, but not at the same time. 

Most experts are saying that is not going to work.

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Most experts are saying that is not going to work.

Nobody knows for sure, but we definitely can't fully stop and our Economy can't stop, unfortunately. We'll have to learn how to handle this. Soon, the unemployment will be higher than the contamination itself. We've had News of markets and shops being attacked. 

Employers are even going to the streets to ask the quarantine to stop, because a lot of them are literally breaking. It's a very hard situation

https://tribunadaregiao.com.br/noticias/artigo/empresarios-de-maringa-fazem-carreata-pedindo-reabertura-do-comercio

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Nobody knows for sure, but we definitely can't fully stop and our Economy can't stop, unfortunately. We'll have to learn how to handle this. Soon, the unemployment will be higher than the contamination itself. We've had News of markets and shops being attacked. 

Employers are even going to the streets to ask the quarantine to stop, because a lot of them are literally breaking. It's a very hard situation

https://tribunadaregiao.com.br/noticias/artigo/empresarios-de-maringa-fazem-carreata-pedindo-reabertura-do-comercio

Would you rather be New York City, or Italy, where the hospitals are overflowing with bodies? Or Germany/France/Spain, which are well on their way?

Because it's that, or quarantine.

Take your pick.

1 minute ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Would you rather be New York City, or Italy, where the hospitals are overflowing with bodies? Or Germany/France/Spain, which are well on their way?

Because it's that, or quarantine.

Take your pick.

Oh, I won't take any pick. I've worked home-based for almost 10 years. So, I'm used to stay at home. However, I'm worried about others. The situation is getting horrible. We're thinking about the long haul.

Yeah, it's a disaster what's happening in NY and Europe. A insanely huge disaster. However, we can't stop our Economy here. Soon, people won't have Money or a job. What do you think it happens when there's no food left and people literally have no Money and no Jobs? Chaos.

Something will have to be done. We hope the new approach will help the Economy. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

So you’re content with letting our society collapse in the USA. I’m glad you’re not running our country.

Society is not going to collapse from this, in 2 weeks or 2 months.

By the way I read an interview with the scientific advisor on Contagion, he said it could be much worse; the real killer would be a pandemic flu (airborne) with high mortality rate. In a way the coronavirus is a warning, so that humanity can prepare against what would be a real "society collapse" pandemic.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Andreas said:

And all those who had family members that got infected or even died. Same goes for close friends

Death and sickness isn't an Invention by Coronavirus, though. 

I understand, that we live in a time, where an additional danger overwhelmed us out of nowhere, but it still is an addition to something humanity is used to.

I think humans are pretty good in adapting to a current situation. That's why I think, that sooner or later, we'll overcome that fear, that seems to paralyze us now. That makes us look at numbers rising, at counting deaths. Without being able to watch in the oher direction. It won't change anything about how severe Corona hits us in the end, but there will be a change in how we can handle our fears and feelings about it. And that's something to look forward to at least. Because it means, we will be able to breathe again in a time, where we seem to constantly hold our breath. 

Edited by Poseidon
2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Oh, I won't take any pick. I've worked home-based for almost 10 years. So, I'm used to stay at home. However, I'm worried about others. The situation is getting horrible. We're thinking about the long haul.

Yeah, it's a disaster what's happening in NY and Europe. A insanely huge disaster. However, we can't stop our Economy here. Soon, people won't have Money or a job. What do you think it happens when there's no food left and people literally have no Money and no Jobs? Chaos.

Something will have to be done. We hope the new approach will help the Economy. 

You don’t get what I’m saying.

It would appear you are operating under an assumption that the situation in Brazil won’t get drastically worse, or worse enough to justify quarantines now.

Cases in Brazil spiked from roughly 600 to 3,000 in a week.

What do you think they will be in a week, 10,000?

How about a month?

Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

It would appear you are operating under an assumption that the situation in Brazil won’t get drastically worse, or worse enough to justify quarantines now.

How about a month?

And Brazil has a leader who seems to be, as incredible as it seems,even worse then Trump.

My wife works retail at Kendra Scott. They’re closed until the 16th of April. That would’ve/will have been 30 days they’ve been closed. They depend on people going out and buying their jewelry. Should they be content to just stay closed for two months? They don’t have the budget to pay their employees for that long. I’m not trying to be antagonistic here, but they’ve already let go about half the staff. How about the numerous other retail chains? Other sit down food restaurants?

It’s a lose/lose situation?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

How about a month?

The first case of coronavirus happened 1 month ago. We've been facing this situation for a  little more than 1 month.

Nobody knows what'll happen next week or next month. I doubt we'll have 10000 cases next week already. Besides, there have been reports of people getting cured. So, the numbers will have to change.

Like I said, nobody knows but everybody knows our Economy can't stop. We'll see what happens. 

• Like 1
Just now, FilmBuff said:

My wife works retail at Kendra Scott. They’re closed until the 16th of April. That would’ve/will have been 30 days they’ve been closed. They depend on people going out and buying their jewelry. Should they be content to just stay closed for two months? They don’t have the budget to pay their employees for that long. I’m not trying to be antagonistic here, but they’ve already let go about half the staff. How about the numerous other retail chains? Other sit down food restaurants?

Frankly,yes.

As long as the virus is spreading, the economy is not going to recover no matter how much the fool in the White House talks about it. Lifting restrictions at this point will just make things, including the economy works.

The stimullus will help people through the pain.But don't expect things to improve until the virus is under control.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The first case of coronavirus happened 1 month ago. We've been facing this situation for a  little more than 1 month.

Nobody knows what'll happen next week or next month. I doubt we'll have 10000 cases next week already. Besides, there have been reports of people getting cured. So, the numbers will have to change.

Like I said, nobody knows but everybody knows our Economy can't stop. We'll see what happens. 

Kind of hard to have an economy if bodies are piling in the street.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

That's what's happening here in Brazil. Thousands of Jobs getting lost. It's freaking crazy.

That's why the President is asking for a new approach ( sick people and/or people from the risk group stay at home and others will slowly return to work ).

It's a very hard situation. So, yeah, I try to look at both sides.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Kind of hard to have an economy if bodies are piling in the street.

Bodies will be piling in the streets from unemployed people without Money to buy food. Hell, bodies are probably piling if people start fighting others for whatever they find to eat and live.