DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Posted (edited)

Recovered Coronavirus Patients are now Testing Positive All Over Again

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/27/822407626/mystery-in-wuhan-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-negative-then-positive

Second Wave of Coronavirus could be Hitting China and the World Soon

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/489737-study-warns-of-second-waves-of-covid-19-if

Edited by Jordanstine
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jordanstine said:

This is totally expected. It takes time for the body to build up immune systems. Of course it;s possible to catch the virus  more then once.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Marcus Cato said:

One major mistake that both sides make in the culture war is generalization. Someone on twitter finds something dumb that a conservative has said or done, and the reaction is: "look how dumb all conservatives are".. or some conservative finds something dumb that a liberal has done or said and the generalization comes: "look how dumb all liberals are". I saw a lot of comments in here about how conservatives don't care about this virus. That's not true, the vast majority of them are taking it seriously and respect the lockdown. We need to stop the generalization if we ever hope to stop the divide.

This will fall on dead ears here. A lot of people here have made up their minds, unfortunately.

It's the same in the media. The far left Liberals and Justin Trudeau attempted a major power grab here in Canada, yet theres almost no news about it. The media here has Trump as a useful distraction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

... and the death toll is likely hitting 2,000 tomorrow. ☹️

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

This will fall on dead ears here. A lot of people here have made up their minds, unfortunately.

It's the same in the media. The far left Liberals and Justin Trudeau attempted a major power grab here in Canada, yet theres almost no news about it. The media here has Trump as a useful distraction.

Justin Trudeau isn't far left and what power grab are you talking about? And you pretty much missed the point of what the guy you quoted is talking about.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Justin Trudeau isn't far left and what power grab are you talking about? And you pretty much missed the point of what the guy you quoted is talking about.

Well consider him far left for my tastes.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kelly-mcparland-was-the-liberals-attempted-power-grab-really-about-the-coronavirus

Also, I got the person's point, believe me. We've personally discussed it.

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

If Trump would shut up and let the experts do their jobs he would stop being the distraction. But he provides ammo almost daily. 

What I have seen of Trudeau there is no comparison with what Trump has done. 

37 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's that old Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times".

It's actually an old English curse misattributed to China.

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Just said on radio, Italy numbers are 969.

Can anyone confirm that?

919 on https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/  but they are using GMT time so the numbers will vary based on what 24 hour period people use.

Biggest day after flattening a little.

What hasn't been discussed is what happens when all the health care workers get sick which is happening big time there now.

9 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Well consider him far left for my tastes.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kelly-mcparland-was-the-liberals-attempted-power-grab-really-about-the-coronavirus

Also, I got the person's point, believe me. We've personally discussed it.

This is something FAR right is also doing here. Massive stimulus, QE and Bail outs have nothing to do with left or right. what's happening in canada is nothing compared to what is happening here(unlimited QE and bail out of all big companies including cruises which are registered in bahamas!!!! ). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

If Trump would shut up and let the experts do their jobs he would stop being the distraction. But he provides ammo almost daily. 

What I have seen of Trudeau there is no comparison with what Trump has done. 

That's not what I'm saying. He doesnt come close to Trump in terms of indiocy and the pure horror of what he's doing. I am NOT saying people shouldn't be raking Trump over the coals right now. I was simply making the point nobody's talking about the shit Ttudeau pulls, or the left in general. It seems, politically, most things the left do or say are ignored or forgiven. The main point is the conversation in society right now, and certainly on here, is extremely biased.

Anyway, I dont want to make a big deal of it. As I've said on here, I'm sick of arguing with everyone here. I just wanted to add on to what @Marcus Cato was saying.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

919 on https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/  but they are using GMT time so the numbers will vary based on what 24 hour period people use.

Biggest day after flattening a little.

What hasn't been discussed is what happens when all the health care workers get sick which is happening big time there now.

Yeah, I heard 45 doctors had died. This is not affecting just the old and sick.

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

This is something FAR right is also doing here. Massive stimulus, QE and Bail outs have nothing to do with left or right. what's happening in canada is nothing compared to what is happening here(unlimited QE and bail out of all big companies including cruises which are registered in bahamas!!!! ). 

You're right. Absolutely, and clearly more grievous. Again, it would just be nice to balance the discussion a little, not by refraining from criticizing one side, but talking about the other as well.

Posted (edited)

So it seems german government wants to change its Testing policy to be a bit more like South Korea (which they are pretty late for...). It's annoying we don't have the numbers of tests done here but it seems that at the moment Germany does (or at least is capable of) 300,000 to 500,00 per week. Until mid-April 100,000 per day shall be possible and 200,000 per day until the end of April.

According to the german health minister atm we test to confirm but we shall test to be ahead.

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

And that's pretty much why I said OP missed that point of the guy he replied to. He's just generalising the people who made this decision as far left.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

And that's pretty much why I said OP missed that point of the guy he replied to. He's just generalising the people who made this decision as far left.

Read my posts. 

I saw someone on here say yesterday or the day before that the amount of deaths in Italy had surpassed the yearly total for road fatalities so I googled it to see if that was accurate and it looks like the yearly road fatalities in Italy is 3,333. So tomorrow Italy's deaths from COVID-19 will triple that number. Sometimes I think people see numbers in the "thousands" and think "Oh that's not that big since the population is in tens of millions". But they don't realize that those numbers are actually VERY BIG. Deceptively Big.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Disrespect. The staff union said they wanted pay until the 19th. 

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This is totally expected. It takes time for the body to build up immune systems. Of course it;s possible to catch the virus  more then once.

In the cases above it is far more likely that these patients fall in one of two categories given NPR is reporting this applies to only 5-10% (and it seems like they’re mostly asymptomatic in the “second round”)

1. Received a false negative after symptoms started to alleviate and hadn’t fully recovered

2. Received a false positive on the re-test

If you combine the likelihood of both of these, and include the relative inaccuracies China’s tests have had, this explanation would make more sense then people suddenly catching the virus again so soon post-recovery

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1