DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

I agree, but I see more activity even in usually rather very slow reporting counties the last few days, so I am a bit hopeful.

Last weekend‘s counts I did not trust at all not inly bcs of that.

Rosenheim seems to ‚explode‘, looks like it could get really bad there very soon (county and city, 2 different orga structures)

On 3/27/2020 at 8:56 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

There is no villain, and casting things in such light seems silly to me.

I dont get this revisionist history take.

Is amnesia a symptom of this virus ?
Its okay to admit that administration of China HAS some serious issues.
They were hardly transparent about it until it got out of their hands with their own people paying the price.

If you just trivialize such events in the timeline of history , you're bound to repeat the same mistakes again.

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I agree, but I see more activity even in usually rather very slow reporting counties the last few days, so I am a bit hopeful.

Last weekend‘s counts I did not trust at all not inly bcs of that.

Rosenheim seems to ‚explode‘, looks like it could get really bad there very soon (county and city, 2 different orga structures)

Tyrol (where I live) is the hotspot in Austria, especially the Arlbergregion (apres-ski) and also my hometown Innsbruck (again, most infections from skiers - in my son's office, 15 people went for an office skiing day on march 6th to Ischgl, 3 came back with Covid19). Until now there have been very few deaths and IC cases in Tyrol despite the high number of infections, probably because most of the infected were younger and sportive. But now the virus has crept into at least 3 nursing homes and the cloister Zams where seemingly nearly every of the 50 nuns got infected , so I suppose we'll see the death count rise steeply during the next weeks.

• Sad 2
3 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

CCP  is to blame for allowing to get out of control.

Add in the fact that the origin of the Spanish flu and the The Plague originated in China as well lends some bitterness

Y'all think everything is racist. You use it like water

WHO should be defunded and punished.

They knew there was a pandemic and said to keep flights out of China going.

So a Chinese could not go to Macau, the Great Wall or a movie, all shut down, but they could go to Vegas, the Roman Colluseum  or Japanese Cinema. 

Trump wanted to shut down flighrs early and was called... guess... yes.. he was called .....water

His approval is the highest ever. 

Impeachment is a wet dream

He will be re-elected.

I am incredibly pessimistic about Democrats chance as Bernie is doing all he can to destroy the party. That said his approval rating for the crisis is pretty mediocre at the start. If things go bad it will get into the low 30s. If the recession is worse than projection he's a lock to lose 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I dont get this revisionist history take.

Is amnesia a symptom of this virus ?
Its okay to admit that administration of China HAS some serious issues.
They were hardly transparent about it until it got out of their hands with their own people paying the price.

If you just trivialize such events in the timeline of history , you're bound to repeat the same mistakes again.

I’m not trivializing anything. I think the Chinese government made some very poor decisions early on (and perhaps ongoing). But I think the word “villain” oversimplifies and trivializes, fwiw. 

• Like 8

Fewer deaths that yesterday in Italy. Also:

The Higher Health Institute (ISS) said that the peak of the coronavirus epidemic in Italy is approaching.

“We have seen an apparent reduction in the infection curve since March 20 but we are not yet in a downward phase,” told ANSA ISS President Silvio Brusaferro.

3 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

CCP  is to blame for allowing to get out of control.

Add in the fact that the origin of the Spanish flu and the The Plague originated in China as well lends some bitterness

Y'all think everything is racist. You use it like water

WHO should be defunded and punished.

They knew there was a pandemic and said to keep flights out of China going.

So a Chinese could not go to Macau, the Great Wall or a movie, all shut down, but they could go to Vegas, the Roman Colluseum  or Japanese Cinema. 

Trump wanted to shut down flighrs early and was called... guess... yes.. he was called .....water

His approval is the highest ever. 

Impeachment is a wet dream

He will be re-elected.

DO you get all your news from Fox News and Briebart?

But your worship of Dear Leader is touching.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Tyrol (where I live) is the hotspot in Austria, especially the Arlbergregion (apres-ski) and also my hometown Innsbruck (again, most infections from skiers - in my son's office, 15 people went for an office skiing day on march 6th to Ischgl, 3 came back with Covid19). Until now there have been very few deaths and IC cases in Tyrol despite the high number of infections, probably because most of the infected were younger and sportive. But now the virus has crept into at least 3 nursing homes and the cloister Zams where seemingly nearly every of the 50 nuns got infected , so I suppose we'll see the death count rise steeply during the next weeks.

here in Germany is a nursing home that already lost 11 of its elderly. That is why I do not get people who still visit family/people who are in contact to the high risk ones.

I feel with you, a lot. You are only ~ 200 kilometer away from me I think (I am in a neighbor / direct contact line county to Rosenheim), the local smaller news outlets here report a lot about Tyrol. I only hope the social distancing works early enough for getting the people who will need them the time to get a bed in an ICU when it happens. Counting for everywhere on earth. And the ISS (argh, I mean the International Space Station, not the Italian health organisationen with the same letters), even if only in theory in that case.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, AndyK said:

You should probably read this

Oh, I am not defending the Chinese Government, I just think some of the hatred I see seems aimed at everything Chinese, which is stupid.

40 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I am incredibly pessimistic about Democrats chance as Bernie is doing all he can to destroy the party. That said his approval rating for the crisis is pretty mediocre at the start. If things go bad it will get into the low 30s. If the recession is worse than projection he's a lock to lose 

Actually I am cautiously optimistic.

I think Bernie is pretty much a spent force;I don't think it matters if he drops out or not. I think Trump's handling of the virus is changing the minds of a lot of the Bernie Bros that Biden is no better then Trump.

First day Italy case growth is below 7%. Things are stabilizing there, slowly but surely. But depending on the death underestimation factor could wind up around 100k. So tragic, and tragic again that other countries didn’t learn from them as well as they should have.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Trump considering a quaratine of New York City.

Seems too late for that.

If it was any other President I would give him the benefit of the doubt on this, but, being Trump I have to wonder if such a drastic step is not politically motivated and meant to show his Red State supporters that he is protecting them from all those evil New Yorkers, many of whom are

N word, Spiks, Chinks, and other people who are not Real (ie,white European descent) Americans.

fun in a way: as he lived there they know him in a way. Probably the main reason he got that low % of votes there.

The Finnish capital might get closed down too, army is already there, they debating it I think at Monday (or is it already as such?)

Ireland added restriction, they started this Saturday 0°°.

Russia closes its borders at Monday too, just in case no one posted that already, I am still trying to back-read here and elsewhere

Edited by terrestrial
edit to add Ireland and (?) and grammar
  • Like 1