DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

I moved the pure political posts that had little to do with Covid-19 to the politics forum.  (including my own)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Tyrol news says France now has 2314 dead (death?) count.

The count of the infected rose to over 38000.

A German newspaper has this article:

The mother of the 16y girl that died in Paris (France) says the daughter only early on symptom was a cough, for a week she got treated with a coughing medicine and inhalation.

Only then the symptoms increased at Saturday to breathing difficulties, at first the test was negative (not sure when that one was done). Doctor called for the ambulance, fire fighters in full protective gear arrived instead, she was in the ICU in a very renowned hospital, Wednesday she died (positively tested).

edit: yikes, I just read those numbers are still without the death counts of elderly and similar care homes, only starting Monday they will add those too

Edited by terrestrial

US death toll 2,008, daily up to 312 so far.

Not a huge jump in the daily figure today, but is that down to a bottleneck in testing?

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, AndyK said:

It appears the prognosis for patients put on ventilators is that 50% of them will die.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/28/coronavirus-intensive-care-uk-patients-50-per-cent-survival-rate

That is what I meant with my post as you asked about how much it might help. I understood the articles I‘ve read as such, they‘ll die of asphyxiation till they get a chance to make it, with it it increases the time to fight. But the hospital I gave the link to added oxygen via blood something too, if I understood that part right (medical English I am not used to)

3 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Not a huge jump in the daily figure today, but is that down to a bottleneck in testing?

Quite possible I think, plus it can take time between the infection, the first symptoms and the full brunt of worse cases.

Does anyone have. umbers per city / region of the max possible testing counts per day? In Berlin its e.g. only 2000/day, some are negative, the not known count is at such way higher.

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

lmao 

Gee, I was wondering what happened to Rudy......

1 minute ago, PDC1987 said:

All those "X" puns legit make me want to vom

22 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Quite possible I think, plus it can take time between the infection, the first symptoms and the full brunt of worse cases.

Does anyone have. umbers per city / region of the max possible testing counts per day? In Berlin its e.g. only 2000/day, some are negative, the not known count is at such way higher.

Tyrol (pop 750k) is testing 800/day atm and will expand to 1.800/day "demnächst" (whatever that means, the bottleneck being obvioiusly the testing kits as the lab capacity would already allow for more)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Tyrol (pop 750k) is testing 800/day atm and will expand to 1.800/day "demnächst" (whatever that means, the bottleneck being obvioiusly the testing kits as the lab capacity would already allow for more)

I‘ve read they found out there is a similar in testing method, security measures, and chemicals test for a non-related pet illness, they think they can add veterinary test labors to the mix.

And some new procedures, some new supporting equipment,.... here they say they will increase what is already increased possible per week count amount to a daily count, for the whole country up to 6-digits!? Not sure anymore, so many changes, announcements, new developments....

Lab capacity is not everywhere allowing for more, in a region here last week was a big ‚Panne‘ (break down of...), as an important testing chemical was out and they lost 2000 active tests of ill people, the test/probes already being in the lab.

Hence why I asked, there seem big differences from city to city, state to state even within a country, how much more it must be from country to country and so on.

Edited by terrestrial

IMO, the current UK lockdown arrangement is just buying time so they can get the software running to implement a full lockdown which I am expecting them to announce next week, possibly Monday.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

At a time when the United States need to unite.GOP politicans are dividing us.

Red States are trying to close borders to people from Blue States.

Civil War 2, here we come.

Meanwhile in Mississippi, where so far their death toll has increased from 8 to 13 today, they still refuse to do anything.

• Sad 1

The whole state of Florida got buzzed a couple hours ago by the Florida Surgeon General. Every phone went into emergency alert mode. Message to for anyone 65+ and with health conditions to stay home, and for everyone to practice social distancing.

Very telling that it's addressed by the state Surgeon General. Governor DeSantis is clearly dropping the ball.

• Like 4

Clocks go forward tonight in UK.

Should we wash the hands?

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

At a time when the United States need to unite.GOP politicans are dividing us.

Red States are trying to close borders to people from Blue States.

Civil War 2, here we come.

We don't need this kind of speculations and inflammatory rhetoric. New York has 53k cases, almost half of the 123k US cases. It's the same as when China quarantined the Hubei province from the rest of China, or when Italy quarantined Lombardy province from the rest of the country.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marcus Cato said:

We don't need this kind of speculations and inflammatory rhetoric. New York has 53k cases, almost half of the 123k US cases. It's the same as when China quarantined the Hubei province from the rest of China, or when Italy quarantined Lombardy province from the rest of the country.

It is too late to quarantine New York now especially when you want to re-open US economy in two weeks.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Marcus Cato said:

You need to start paying attention to the increases in every other state.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PDC1987 said:

... Spoke too soon. ☹️

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Up to 500 deaths in the US today. 277 just in new york

Horrific, NY alone is already between France and the UK in 'New Deaths' today.

In a just world, Trump and quite a few other world leaders would go to jail. Compared to what could have been done, this level of negligence is a crime against humanity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2