DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Governor De Santis of Florida supproted the quarantine of New York....Before Trump did a 180  on it:

https://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2020/03/28/desantis-supports-trumps-plan-to-quarantine-new-york-1269491

De Santis was just a little too eager to kiss Trump's ass here.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3
26 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

On worldometers today WW # is basically flat from yday, not up even 10% from 2 ago. Significantly stalling out, but it’s a bit strange. For now I suspect this reflects more of a failure in continuing to exponentially increase tests than much actual success vs the virus.

Right now it's showing me 66.7k new cases reported. Yesterday 64.5k, day before that 60.8k So up roughly 10% from 2 days ago at the moment. Perhaps the info just got in. I imagine the data's being constantly updated.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

What on earth are Canadians doing in a South American cruise !!!! People are beyond retarded going into a cruise when there are no safe countries at this point. 

People. Don't. Give. A. Shit. That's. The. Biggest. Problem. 

Also - PEOPLE. ARE. STUPID :lol: 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Right now it's showing me 66.7k new cases reported. Yesterday 64.5k, day before that 60.8k So up roughly 10% from 2 days ago at the moment. Perhaps the info just got in. I imagine the data's being constantly updated.

I think it’s basically locked now that it rolled over to the next day. Anyway, I’m seeing the same data. Basically flat from yday and up less than 10% from 2 ago.

15 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Stay safe and inside, all our Florida friends. Shit’s gonna get ugly for awhile. 

Only go out now to fill the fridge up (which sometimes requires going out multiple days cause of panic shoppers buying up everything). Doing our best to stay calm in all of this, the past two weeks have felt like years.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Only go out now to fill the fridge up (which sometimes requires going out multiple days cause of panic shoppers buying up everything). Doing our best to stay calm in all of this, the past two weeks have felt like years.

I refuse to go to any stores now. I’ve just been trying to find whichever service I can  get that either delivers or allows ordering online and picking up( where they load my groceries into my trunk for me). This week I did a pretty big order cause it seems like I can’t get another order for about a week and a half to two weeks.

Good luck with everything. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Governor De Santis of Florida supproted the quarantine of New York....Before Trump did a 180  on it:

https://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2020/03/28/desantis-supports-trumps-plan-to-quarantine-new-york-1269491

De Santis was just a little too eager to kiss Trump's ass here.

I kinda wish they would quarantine NY just so when things get bad if Florida this weasel is forced to accept responsibility. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I refuse to go to any stores now. I’ve just been trying to find whichever service I can  get that either delivers or allows ordering online and picking up( where they load my groceries into my trunk for me). This week I did a pretty big order cause it seems like I can’t get another order for about a week and a half to two weeks.

Good luck with everything. 

Anytime I go to the store I instantly regret it and get paranoid about having symptoms.

So now I'm doing better with staying home.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I kinda wish they would quarantine NY just so when things get bad if Florida this weasel is forced to accept responsibility. 

I'd rather not be forced by Trump to reenact Escape from New York if I don't have to

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

escape from new york film GIF

Speaking of. I just watched this on Netflix the other night. It’s quite good even if you aren’t a big baseball fan. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, AndyK said:

I guess some of those that survive would have survived anyway.

The appears that the ventilators are really not helping that much, they are more symbolic than anything.

As far as I understand all the articles... there are not small differences between the abilities of the machines too. Also the tubes (term?) within the hospital walls... has to be on separate circles and so on. Some machines only are able to support, some can take over, some have additional equipment, see the link then.

It is never a good idea to judge out of 1 detail, especially if said detail has rather broad variations, or?

5 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

On worldometers today WW # is basically flat from yday, not up even 10% from 2 ago. Significantly stalling out, but it’s a bit strange. For now I suspect this reflects more of a failure in continuing to exponentially increase tests than much actual success vs the virus.

Weekends the numbers here tend to be lower than the reality, as testing might still be done, but e.g. some of those doing the tests need to go home to their children as no emergency children day care is even available at weekends, need a break,... same counts for the people actually being the ones doing the press releases. And other reasons.

Just a thought....

• Like 1