DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

@IndustriousAngel

Just in case:

starting immediately all Austrians have to wear masks during grocery shopping

In ~ 30 minutes Kurz starts a press conference, there might be more restrictions coming (lots of rumors here what that will be about)

• Like 3

latest update of RKI (Robert Koch Institut) for Germany (that are always considerable deeper than e.g. John Hopkins, as RKI only releases officially confirmed counts, including to have more fully data like age, gender, pre-existing....)

today local time 8 in the morning:

new infections 4751 = sum 57298

newly departed 66 = sum 455

most of the dead died in my state, Bavaria (but we are sizewise the biggest state and border to the regions the skiing people were and are very near to the north of Italy)

Bayern newly infected 1108 = sum 13989

127 death in total here

• Like 2

23 hours ago, peludo said:

Spain - Sunday

78,797 positive cases (+6,549 relative to Saturday) +9.06%

6,528 deaths (+838) +14.73%

14,709 healed (+2,424) +19.73%

Lowest increase in positive cases in last 6 days.

Max number of daily deaths (6 more than the 832 of Saturday)

Healed rate drops, but it is still a better rate than both new positive cases and deaths. It seems clear that the spread is slowing down.

Spain - Monday

85,195 positive cases (+6,398 relative to Monday) +8.12%

7,340 deaths (+812) +12.44%

16,780 healed (+2,071) +14.08%

Again, new positive cases drop in both absolute number and daily percentage increase.

The daily death number keep being really high. The 3 latest days over 800, being yesterday the biggest one.

Healed rate keep dropping. Still the best data, although the rate is closing the gap with deaths.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

The president of all doctors in Germany suggests strongly to not open the schools before ‚in’ May, and only open sometime in May in regions where it is not bad, with an eye on the situation to react fast if changes occur.

Not sure how long they can delay the finals in the states the school year ends soon.

• Like 1

Austria per google translate

In total, there were 9,131 infected and 108 deaths in Austria as of Monday morning, which means a significant increase compared to the previous day. Health Minister Rudolf Anschober then explained the new regulations, which the Chancellor has already touched on. “We notice that the measures are beginning to take effect. But we are also noticing that this is far from enough, ”emphasized the minister.

Accordingly, two special risk groups, i.e. the elderly and people with severe previous illnesses, are to be given special protection. This should be achieved, among other things, with a compulsory release from the job or a compulsory switch to home office, if possible. The federal government reimbursed companies for wage costs, it said.

In addition, compliance with the distance regulation in public spaces is to be monitored even better. As a result, floor markings in the checkout areas of supermarkets should now become mandatory. In addition, a still to be quantified number of customers will be allowed to enter supermarkets at peak times. There is also a hard cut for the hotel industry. In this industry, "tourist use" is prohibited until at least the end of the Easter vacation.

The police will show an even stronger presence in the future to check compliance with the rules. Interior Minister Nehammer emphasized that violations would be taken consistently.

Posted (edited)

Sad...but christ - if the Germans are worried about the effect on the economy and finance what hope for the rest of us.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Sad...but christ - if the Germans are worried about the effect on the economy and finance what hope for the rest of us.

14 hours ago, terrestrial said:

They say it was at least also bcs of fearing to be not enough for the crisis.

Sad thing is: he was respected even from the opposition for his seemingly way over average abilities, incl the opposition they actually thought he would be the best for the job by far.

He was seemingly respected for being a decent human being too (see the usual politicians)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

Bayern (Bavaria): they extend the closing down of non-essential stores till 19 April (old date was 3 April). That is the same date as all the schools universities... are closed

They say since the schools closed the infection rate fell from 25% to 17% (again, that for Bayern). They say ~ we have higher rates due to the nearness to the skiing centers.

In my county (my county is near to the mountains, as such higher rates than the average) the last number I‘ve seen was 34% (before the weekend)

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Barnack said:

Seasonal flu can have 60K excess death in a bad season, in the United state, an average season is around 25-30K death.

2 season in a row of bad regular seasonal flu could make over 100k death in a 18 month windows.

80K for this, would look like a giant success, the most optimistic people talk not so long ago were in the 300k to 800k type of windows, with the more pessimistics talked around 1.5-2.5M (on this message board we had debate about 2-4% of the population, 6.36 to 12m death, for what feel like less than a week ago)

No disrespect but this site is not filled with scientist. They were all uneducated guesses. Anyone who thought 2-4% of the population would pass from the virus clearly didn't know what they were talking about

Edited by MadJosh
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, AndyK said:

So... will this be the first COVID story to be made into a movie?

1 minute ago, AJG said:

I just hope they don't patent it.

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

Venom2 could somehow weave COVID into their story 🙂

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

Mercedes v The NHS.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AJG said:

Did I hear in London?

Calling it, lead actor:

MV5BNzMwODE1NjA3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTY5

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Mercedes v The NHS.

I wonder if Mercedes input was to fit a supercharger to it.

Watch the FIA ban it.

Edited by AndyK
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Mercedes helping develop breathing Aid? If this was 75 years ago I'd be concerned 

This is all playing out like The Martian in a way, with everyone helping everyone

Edited by MadJosh

Posted (edited)

OT but with the Olympics now scheduled we might finally get some updated movie release dates.

Edited by AJG

I do not know them, but an Italian pop-band (famous in the ‘70 or ‘80?) wrote / did a clip, the advertising income.... all goes forever (gave over the rights) to the Bergamo hospitals = the worst region in Italy. 

I do not care about if the genre is the right one for me, I think its a great way to get some money where it is needed.

• Like 2