DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

LOLO some people really have fantasy in centralization/dictatorship/totalitarianism. They think those regimes value people's life more and handle pandemics better than democracy. Such people probably desever living in totalitarianism as slaves.

• Like 2

Daily death is gonna get way worse when the healthcare system collapses. :whosad:

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

*edit for bad info - misread and therefore engaged with wrong info sorry for not catching it sooner.

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, A Marvel Fanboy said:

LOLO some people really have fantasy in centralization/dictatorship/totalitarianism. They think those regimes value people's life more and handle pandemics better than democracy. Such people probably desever living in totalitarianism as slaves.

They can handle pandemics better without valuing people’s life per se. Whether or not that actually happened in this particular pandemic will be tough to say for another year.

16 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Not dangerous when you realize that there is no value in life beyond how it benefits the dictator (and yes, I get the parallel with some of Trumps behavior.... nice thing is we can boot him via vote instead of facing a firing squad for embarrassing the dear leader.) 

Seriously, for all the errors the US and other western countries have made, Vietnam is in absolutely no way a positive model to uphold. 

I'm not arguing the dictatorship as a whole is better than democracy. I'm arguing in this particular situation, Vietnam is doing much better job than US.

This is whataboutism 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, narniadis said:

Yup which is why the dark humor jokes about being at 0 cases due to them being shot on testing exist (note, not claiming that, making an example that most will sadly run with). 

Vietnam isn't North Korea.

I don't think the Vietnamese government is hiding anything from us about this pandemic. They are doing very well against COVID-19

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Helps to do a better job reading reports 🤦‍♂️ cue embarrassed reaction, I misread it for some reason and really did read it as NK..... #notsure what I was thinking. Will edit my posts now as I am trying to not spread invalid info. 

**2nd edit** have deleted/edited past posts. I have friends that live in Seoul and in our conversations have gotten their scattered reports from NK mixed - I do not know Asian geography enough but I should have caught that wayyyy sooner. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, khanhspm said:

Vietnam isn't North Korea.

I don't think the Vietnamese government is hiding anything from us about this pandemic. They are doing very well against COVID-19

Thanks to you and @bladels for pointing out and correcting - that was never my intent to mix them up

So, Trump casually announces that 100k-240k people will die and people are still defending him. 

What's the breaking point? Will Trump get away with everything? There has to be something right. 

I am more angry on Democrats. The fact they are allowing all this is just 😡😡😡

Stop defending Trump. Please be rational. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Truly psychotic behavior from a large corporation:

Many of them are now closed again, but they had to be forced by the police.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

Posted (edited)

According to Worldometers, the US had the most deaths of any country on Tuesday. I believe this is a first for the US. A majority of those deaths were outside New York.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths

World 858,377 +73,718 42,311 +4,542            
USA 188,530 +24,742 4,053  +912            
Italy 105,792 +4,053 12,428  +837            
Spain 95,923 +7,967 8,464  +748            
France 52,128 +7,578 3,523  +499            
UK 25,150 +3,009 1,789  +381            
Belgium 12,775 +876 705  +192            
Netherlands 12,595 +845 1,039  +175            
Iran 44,605 +3,110 2,898  +141            
Germany 71,808 +4,923 775  +130            

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I’m so sorry, @doublejack. Best wishes to her and all your extended family. :( 

This is just terribly bleak stuff. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/31/new-york-city-hospitals-coronavirus/

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

I'm really sorry to hear this doublejack. The only thing I can imagine that would be worse than suffering from covid is watching a loved one suffer from it. I truly hope you and the rest of your family are doing as well as you can.

Thank you both, very much! 

• Like 3

One country remains free of Corona Virus at least officially.

North Korea.

ANybody want to guess how bad it really is there?

And in Russia the head of the  Anti Corona Virus programm tested positive...and he was in close contact with Putin several times recently.

Going to get interesting over there, folks....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, doublejack said:

Thank you both, very much! 

I really hope your aunt pulls through.

I'm legitimately curious who (and I'm guessing it's a when not an if at this point) is going to be the first BIG name to succumb to the virus. Of course, I do not want anyone succumbing to anything; to wish death on someone is horrible. But I wonder what would happen if someone like Putin, Kim Jong Un, etc. were to be killed by the virus. 

8 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I mean, no one has immunity to this, that’s why it’s called a novel virus. 

Europeans have genetic resistance to these types of viruses. It might be novel, but it's not that novel otherwise we'd all be dead.

Europeans have genetic resistance to the black death. Thats how Darwinism works, it would destroy Asia as they never got exposed to it.

Read the New Zealand government pandemic response document it says it in there that the Maori population is much more at risk than the Europeans.

• Haha 2
  • Not Cool 5

9 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Europeans have genetic resistance to these types of viruses. It might be novel, but it's not that novel otherwise we'd all be dead.

Europeans have genetic resistance to the black death. Thats how Darwinism works, it would destroy Asia as they never got exposed to it.

Read the New Zealand government pandemic response document it says it in there that the Maori population is much more at risk than the Europeans.

Could you please stop posting nonsense?

• Like 11

7 hours ago, aabattery said:

Honestly man, I straight up just don't trust your takes on scientific stuff after you linked that David Esker sauropod theory back in 2018.

It's not my take, I read the New Zealand Pandemic response document on their government website, it's straight out of there.

If you have a problem with that, take it up with them.

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

It's not my take, I read the New Zealand Pandemic response document on their government website, it's straight out of there.

If you have a problem with that, take it up with them.

As was explained to you earlier by @Jamiem:

The reason that Maori and other Pacific Island groups are more susceptible to flu and flu-like illnesses is due to income inequality as well as higher rates of obesity, smoking, diabetes etc. 

The rest of your other post is a whole other can of worms but the thing that jumps to my mind is that a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. You've drawn a lot of broad conclusions within a field that I think it's fair to say you aren't an expert in. Sometimes it's better to take a step back and realise you don't have all the answers.

• Like 10